ExplodingNoob
regal2043

Online video games make you stupid

Con Tied Pro

ExplodingNoob

Con

Thank you to whoever accepts this debate.

Since i am con i will leave my opponent to kick off this debate with a riveting theory that i will soon shut down =)
regal2043

Pro

stuped means: lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

the mind the deals with experiences, that's the essence of smart or stupid is experiences, now online vidio games are in most opinions and site me if I'm wrong: Fun, Addictive, and time consuming. Now if you take those into context all a online game is, is an escape from the real world an alternated life if you take it to an extreme, limiting your "Experiences" limiting your gain of knowledge or wisdom, so in short making you "stupid" or less educated than some one having those "experiences". Now an online game normally consists of interaction of other players in the game, now some might say you get Experiences or aka social skill, but in my personal opinion based on the few online games Iv played, it actually limits your social skills to a mental image portrayed by your imagination and not real life interaction, or street smart vs book smart
ExplodingNoob

Con

Thank you for your response.

I will now negate my opponents statements.

"the mind the deals with experiences, that's the essence of smart or stupid is experiences, now online vidio games are in most opinions and site me if I'm wrong: Fun, Addictive, and time consuming."

Definition of experience:

1.a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something.
2.the process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something.

Even though you are not experiencing something outside of your home or wherever you are gaming you are still "experiencing" something so to speak.

With that in mind. Experiences in a video game can educate you just as much as in the outside world. The type of experience is irrelevant.

"Now if you take those into context all a online game is, is an escape from the real world an alternated life if you take it to an extreme, limiting your "Experiences" limiting your gain of knowledge or wisdom, so in short making you "stupid" or less educated than some one having those "experiences"."

There is no proof that the experiences shown in video games make you less intelligent than those in the real world.

I would like to see this evidence in the next argument as i will elaborate next round.
regal2043

Pro

regal2043 forfeited this round.
ExplodingNoob

Con

ExplodingNoob forfeited this round.
regal2043

Pro

regal2043 forfeited this round.
Posted by regal2043 7 years ago
regal2043
Sorry I could never respond to the debate ivehax alot this week and never got to It thanks for the depate tho and sorry. Agen
Posted by ExplodingNoob 7 years ago
ExplodingNoob
lol i forgive you. ill post my argument when i get up in the morning or after school ima research a bit on it.

Thanks for ur argument tho xD
Posted by regal2043 7 years ago
regal2043
Oh and im dyslexic so if you dont understand what im saying sorry i try my best
Posted by Sky_ace25 7 years ago
Sky_ace25
What if it's an educational video game? 0.0
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
ExplodingNoobregal2043Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)