RonPaulConservative
RanaSahib

(Only for Theists) My God is greater than your God:

RonPaulConservative

Pro

Resolution: My God (the Deistic God) is greater than your God (whatever theistic God that may be)
RanaSahib

Con

Your position is meaningless, analogous to attempting to divide zero by zero.

God cannot be greater because God is Great.

Period.

He is not greater, nor greatest.

The qualifier "greater" is meaningless when used as a qualifying adjective for God.
RonPaulConservative

Pro

The Deistic bible the cosmos, which is proof of his existence. So, enable to determine which God is greater, we should compare hoarders done in their books: like Joshua and those pagan priests, let's compare our Gods and see which is greater.

Your God brought 10 plagues upon Egypt, and nearly destroyed the empire altogether, but my God is responsible for supernovas which vaporize entire solar systems, and which can be seen billions of miles away

Your God turned water into wine, but my God invented a giant hydrogen bomb called the sun, which in the mid 1800s emitted a solar flare of such magnitude it wiped out all the electricity on the globe.

Your God brought a dead man back to life, but my God invented decadent and life.

Finally, my God exists, and your God doesn't. Your God does parlor tricks.
RanaSahib

Con

Sorry, but I don't understand your reply in context to my response to your original proposition.

Please clarify.

Again, I say that "Greater" is meaningless when referring to God.

God is Great.

Not greater nor greatest.

God does not need His greatness qualified because His being "great" is inherently superlative to any other quality of any other state of being in "greatness".
RonPaulConservative

Pro

Great is defined as:
'Of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average.'
Greater, therefore, is defined as:
'Of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above another being.'

As stated before, the miracles done in the Deistic bible are of a higher extent and intensity than those in the theistic bible, and therefore, the deistic God is greater than the theistic God.

In regards to your response, you probably believe that Jesus is greater than Krishnah, and therefore, this argument makes no sense.
RanaSahib

Con

Your argument is invalid.

Mankind is one community, one species, regardless of race, colour, nationality.

The God of mankind is One God.

God is Great.

He is not greater nor greatest because nothing is comparable to Him.

"Greater" is meaningless with reference to God because there can be no meaningful comparison between the Creator and His creation.

Your God and my God are the same, hence your argument is invalid because it is not a valid position to take.
RonPaulConservative

Pro

Your God is that of the bible, YHWH, who doesn't exist, my God is natures God, which does exist. My God can do more things than yours, and didn't order mass genocide.
RanaSahib

Con

There is only one God.

Because there is only one God, your argument is nonsensical.

Just as you cannot be greater than yourself, your God cannot be greater than my God, because He is One and the same.

My God is your God and your God is my God, the One and only God.

Whether you acknowledge this or not is irrelevant.

Your position for debate does not exist:

You are standing on the same hill I am and then claiming that you are closer to the sky than me.

Nonsense.
RonPaulConservative

Pro

We're talking hypothetically, the theistic God is a human invention meant to represent a higher power which does exist, the Great Spirit is a better word. You believe that Jesus is greater than Krishnah, even though there is only one God. I was taking into account the power displayed in our respective bibles, and mine out did yours infinite many times over.
I can prove that my God exists, you cannot. So let us demonstrate our Gods power- mine can actually act, yours cannot.
RanaSahib

Con

You are claiming that the Cosmos, Nature, Great Spirit, etc, as being one and the same, are synonymous, with God. You are wrong.

You are claiming that I believe in Jesus being God. You are wrong.

Your reasoning indicates your belief that the physical manifestations of the natural world are God, similar to the reasoning of pantheistic Hinduism and the animist religion of Native Americans. While rationalizing that all these manifestations of natural processes are also God, you then claim there is only one God, much as a confused Christian believes somehow in the mystery of the trinity, uttering with the tongue that God is One while believing in the heart, mistakenly, that God is also a triumvirate. Again, you are wrong.

I end this debate by stating as fact that my God created your god.

You have been misguided by the creativity of my God into mistaking the creation for its Creator.

Your god is a deception.

Your vanity has deceived you.
Posted by RonPaulConservative 11 months ago
RonPaulConservative
No, the theistic Hod doesn't love, he's just a megalomaniac narcissist who says 'I love you' all the time.
Posted by TropaBino 11 months ago
TropaBino
This debate is so pointless...
Debate can be simply won, (if there could actually be a conclusion). Theistic God can do everything Deistic god can and more, i.e. LOVE.
Posted by John_C_1812 11 months ago
John_C_1812
The math word problem.

Solution of my GOD is greater than your God. The extent of any greater value should not be set as limit to representation. The explanation to a common defense and the right to representation under Order of law.

My GOD is an axiom it has a sum 89 held by written limitation.
The God of everything also has a sum, all things. When placed in group together is 1 thing.
89 > 1, 1 > 0, 1 < 89, 0 < 1. Representation.

(One Nation Under Principle( a general guide to the common defence, 2016) Axiom of GOD.
Posted by Harryterstegge 11 months ago
Harryterstegge
A deistic God that doesn't interfere within the bounds of nature- vs a God that performs supernaturally and causes miracles. The only way that "your" God would be superior to another is if the other is a concept and within the mind only. Otherwise, the God with control over the physical world is superior. However, theologically and logically, God essentially gave us free will. He has never said that he will take away our free will, and due to our free will, he can resort to divine intervention, but only through partial influence. It is just like receiving a gift- you do not receive unless you accept. Otherwise it is not a gift. I'm assuming that the form of Deism you describe is Christian based, but don't know if it is modernized or semi-straight out of the Age of Enlightenment.