imabench
lannan13

Only women should be able to run for president of the USA for the next 250 years

lannan13

imabench

Pro

This is part of Cheesedingo1's troll debate tournament, this is my challenge to lannan13

Resolution: Since only men have been president of the USA for the last 250 years, it should be made that from now on only women can run for president to even out the score

Parameters
1) transvestites or men who turn women just to run are not allowed

First Round is Acceptance only
lannan13

Con

I accept. "If there are women, but if there isn't good women it would just be making this counrty worse."- Garrett Smith
imabench

Pro

Reasons why only women should run for president

1) Guys have done a pretty sh*tty job so far

The last decent president this country had was Bill Clinton, and the last decent president we had who WASNT a man whore was Reagan..... Before that Eisenhower was pretty good but for every decent guy president there have been 3 controversial or sh*tty ones..... Its been like that now for 250 years though, and all that time women were either not allowed to run or not selected to run by their own party. You know what happened to the first woman to run for president? EXACTLY. Men "took care" of her.

All this time meanwhile guys have had a monopoly on presidential elections and those who do get elected only mess up everything! Look at the last two we've had! Its in our history that men have sucked as presidents

2) Women could do the job better

Women would do a much better job then men could because women are naturally better multi-taskers, they are on average smarter then men, they dont make rash decisions like some men do, and they are much better negotiators then men are. Ever get in an argument with a woman before? Let me guess, you got loud and started cursing, but she still won the argument..... I thought so.... Women are better at negotiating which means if women became president then the issues with the war on terror, Iran, and North Korea would be resolved, China would get their sh*t together, and if aliens invaded then they could be scared away by a woman president. Men on the other hand cant handle multiple issues and are really bad negotiators (Two World Wars under men, none under women)

3) The US wouldnt be so quick to declare war.

It is a fact that if women ruled the world there would be no more wars... There might be really, really, really intense negotiations about once a month, or a bunch of jealous nations not talking to each other, but there wont be any more wars. This though would only happen if women ran the world, but we are only talking about the US, which means that the US wont declare wars anymore if only women could be president.

4) Its only fair

Lets face it women today have to deal with a lot of sh*t compared to men.... And in the past it was only worse, so we owe it to women to let them be the only ones who run for president because of how badly men have treated them before.

Look at DDO. How many women are running for President or Vice President? One..... There used to be two but Jimtimmy left...... Anyways yeah there is currently only one woman running for any kind of office here on DDO and shes been harassed By Jimtimmy, Inferno, Askbob, and anybody who threatens to harm her little bunny thett3. Royal though is like many other women who have run for office in the past, qualified for the job but harassed by men who are scared by how smart they are. Men have been crapping on women in politics since the times of Ancient Egypt, and in the USA its been happening for 250 years, its about time women get their revenge.

I now will allow the Con to give counter arguments
lannan13

Con

1. Guys have done a sh*tty job.

Polk got us the southern part of the United States and Ultamily the California gold rush. If there wasn't a Gold rush we might not have been the nation we are today. James Monroe issued the Monroe docterin, without that the Latino population would still be under European control. Without Linchon there would still be slaves and a Confederate states of America. Without Jackson we'd still have a national bank. Wilson help the allies win WW1 without him our ships still might being sunk by the Germans. Without Washington we would never of had a president or crush the Wiskey rebellion. Without Turman we would of had to invade Japan and be minus a couple million American.

2. Women can do beter.
Lets look at women leaders. There is Su Kyi in Mymmar/ Burma, she is the result of the first democratic election. Before that she was under house arrest for under a decade. Then there is the leader of Aregentina, she wants to sever ties with the U.S. for defacing currency. Then you have Nancy Polocy and well every in Kansas hates her and she smokes crack... Then you have Sahra Palin, the only reason we'd want her in the white house would be to spy on Russia. She's like the Minister of Turkey and he's a terrorist now why would we vote a terrorist into office.

3. U.S. and War.
If the world was ran by women terrorist would run rampet. because like you said they would look for peace. War= Good economy, how we make tons of products, morale is good, nationalism increases, and with a women in office it would change the saying, "I'm proad to be an American" to "Gee I sure wish I was a women." If Women were always leader in the U.S. we'd still be under British rule or even worse Mexican. (just joking)

4. Fairness
Women could run. You saw that the last election when Clinton got voted down to Obama (although I wish it was the other way around) then Obama defeats Palin. It's obvesous from these elections that Americans want a man as president. Plus it would violate civil rights by saying the guys can't run. That would be strait up sexistism.
imabench

Pro

1) List of people the Con said were good presidents

Polk, Monroe, Lincoln, Jackson, Washington, Truman.

That is 6 out of soon to be 45..... If I got 6 out of 45 questions on a test my grade would be as low as George Bush's approval ratings..... There is an overwhelming number of male presidents who f*cked something up and those who are good presidents have their own screw ups. Ask DanT about Lincoln and wear earmuffs so that you dont go deaf from his screaming, but drink some coffee so that you can stay awake while he goes on and on and on. Jackson is also responsible for a lot of deaths of Native Americans last I checked....

There are some good presidents, but even good presidents screw up, and the bad ones completely ruin everything. If women had the chance to run though all of these bad presidents could have been replaced by very qualified women who could not only not screw up everything, but might actually get stuff done!

2) Women can do better

"Lets look at women leaders. There is Su Kyi in Mymmar/ Burma, she is the result of the first democratic election. Before that she was under house arrest for under a decade"

Because men forced her too for advocating democracy over Totalitarianism.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...

"Then there is the leader of Aregentina, she wants to sever ties with the U.S. for defacing currency"

Argentina women are crazy though, this is America we are talking about

"Then you have Nancy Polocy and well every in Kansas hates her and she smokes crack.."

Kansas doesnt even teach evolution so any reason why they dont like someone is automatically invalid.

"Then you have Sahra Palin, the only reason we'd want her in the white house would be to spy on Russia"

First off Sarah Palin was a tool used to try to get the women's vote for the Republican party, she wasnt picked because she was a valuable asset, and if she were to go head to head against any other woman candidate she would lose 80% to 20%

3) Wars

"If the world was ran by women terrorist would run rampet. because like you said they would look for peace"

Women dont run the world though this is just talking about America, and Im pretty sure women wouldnt even be terrorists since all of those Religious extremist terrorist groups believe in sh*tting all over women's rights.

"War= Good economy"

I call bullsh*t, 2008 we were in two wars and the economy went to sh*t.

"If Women were always leader in the U.S. we'd still be under British rule or even worse Mexican"

Women know when to fight back when someone else fires the first shot but women never go out and start sh*t knowing there are lives at stake. Men are gun crazy bastards who cant wait to invade places and will even make up sh*t to invade somewhere (Iraq)

4) Fairness

"Women could run. You saw that the last election when Clinton got voted down to Obama (although I wish it was the other way around)"

Yes they can run but even in that election it was a black man vs a white woman, both of them a first, and once again men won out on a bullsh*t reason.

" then Obama defeats Palin."

Another reason why men shouldnt run for president, because men cant get their facts straight.

"It's obvesous from these elections that Americans want a man as president"

People dont want a man for president they want a good president to be president, and there hasnt been a man that has fit that profile in forever now. I will bet you $50,000,000,000 though that if Hillary Clinton ran as a Republican against Barack Obama that Hillary would win.

" Plus it would violate civil rights by saying the guys can't run. That would be strait up sexistism."

It violated civil rights to keep women from voting when men could for as long as it happened and it we still havent paid them back for it either. Women deserve retribution and it would be sexist if they DIDNT get their full retribution of a 250 year monopoly on presidential elections.
lannan13

Con

1. Do you want me to pring up every president okay (except Johnson he was an aweful southern rascist)
Obama- economic recover act, rescueing us from another depression.
W. Bush- Declared war on al-queda and and saught out peace in the middle east
Clinton- created copyy rights laws
H. Bush- historical heritage command
(I'm not going to post all presidents because that wouldn't fit. Here this if your interested http://www.ipl.org...)
With Jackson you're refering to the trail of tears. If there was a women at president at this time then the Natives would still be hostile. I said women have a chance at running, but the men do to.

2. women can do beter
a. That I know
b. These are examples of women leaders.
c. (I ment everyone) Kansas does to teach evolution (though I rather they didn't) How do I know? I live in the capitol city TOPEKA
d. True

3. Wars
a. I never said women would be terrorist would run rampet. I stated it would cause more terrorism because women would back off the war on terror. Look at Aregentina and Burma they aren't involved in any current war on terror or wars.
b. Examples WW1/ WW2/ etc.
c. Uhmm.. I don't know if you realize this but women fire the first shot all the time. They always have fights over boys. Heck you'd probebly have U.S. verus China over whose boys are sexier.

4. Fairnes
a. See this is what I mean they can run, but it doesn't mean people will vote for them. Like you said it's only fair
b. Palin was running with McCain as a possible Vice-President.
c. PAST ELECTIONS!!!
d. Women can go now and now that all are equal (unless Obama goes Commy.) women have a fighting chance acording to your studies.
imabench

Pro

1) Men have made some bad presidents

"Do you want me to pring up every president okay (except Johnson he was an aweful southern rascist)"

No, im just showing that the number of good male presidents compared to the number of sh*tty ones is heavily skewed towards the sh*tty ones.

"Obama- economic recover act, rescueing us from another depression."

Ill let conservatives handle this one....

"W. Bush- Declared war on al-queda and and saught out peace in the middle east"

If by seeking out peace you mean launching us into two wars that didnt yield many satisfying results, one of which was started over something that turns out they didnt have in the first place. Then Bush was your guy.

"Clinton- created copyy rights laws"

Clinton was decent, but after the next two derps we had undid all the good clinton did economically we are still back to square 1.

'H. Bush- historical heritage command "

Lets face it his fame only comes from being Reagan's vice president, and Bush campaigned only on no new taxes and then did the exact opposite when he took office which makes him a pretty big flip flopper.

Lets check the scoreboard, Good presidents = 1, controversial or ineffective presidents = 3, which is right on par with my original estimates.

"With Jackson you're refering to the trail of tears. If there was a women at president at this time then the Natives would still be hostile."

Yes because the native Americans were raping our women, taking our land, killing our people, and spreading diseases that decimated our populations. Oh wait, thats the exact opposite of what happened.

2) Women could do better

Men even today have kept women out of politics for selfish means meaning that even today we still owe women for giving them so much sh*t to deal with over the years.

The women leaders you have mentioned are not from America, these women thus would not be able to be president of America which means that only American women could run for president, which eliminates all of the crazy women leaders you could find in the world who could run for president.

"Kansas does to teach evolution (though I rather they didn't)"

ANOTHER REASON why women should be president, because men are crazy as f*ck.

Lastly, Sarah Palin didnt run for president, she was picked by the Republican party (for reasons I still fail to comprehend) If only women ran for president then Palin would not have this ridiculous idea in her head that she wants to run for president.

3) Wars

"I never said women would be terrorist would run rampet" - Pro in round 3
"If the world was ran by women terrorist would run rampet" - Pro in round 2

"I stated it would cause more terrorism because women would back off the war on terror"

Have fun trying to prove that.... We have already taken up enough measures to fight terrorism here on our shores and if women dont want to fight terrorism in sh*t holes like Iraq and Afghanistan by launching billion dollar wars, then that once again sets them apart from men.

"Look at Aregentina and Burma they aren't involved in any current war on terror or wars."

Well last I checked they didnt have terrorists fly planes into their cities and kill thousands of civilians so im not surprised that those countries are not as involved in the fight against terrorism as the US is.

As for the wars being good for the economy. WWII didnt fix the American economy, and all wars since (Korea, Vietnam, First Gulf War, Second Gulf War, Intervention of Somalia, etc) haevnt had much of an impact on the American economy. In fact the two latest ones weve been in has cost the government 500 Billion and 800 Billion, and one of them is still being fought. If massive crippling debt counts as stimulating the economy these days then I missed a newspaper but wars dont help America, and saying that men should be president because they start wars and wars are good for the country is really messed up logic.

"I don't know if you realize this but women fire the first shot all the time. They always have fights over boys. "

Punk a** high school girls start fights first, grown women who actually got their sh*t together dont start the fight unless thoroughly provoked.

"Heck you'd probebly have U.S. verus China over whose boys are sexier."

Thats the dumbest thing ever because its obvious that the US wins that argument since all chinese people look alike and have a micro p*nis.

4) Fairness

"See this is what I mean they can run, but it doesn't mean people will vote for them"

People DID vote for her, But Obama's black-ness got more attention than Hillary's vagina-ness and the color of his skin ended up being the reason why he was chosen as the Democratic nominee.

"Palin was running with McCain as a possible Vice-President."

Yes but you said that after you said "then Obama defeats Palin." and only after I brought up about how guys dont check their facts.

"PAST ELECTIONS"

I CAN TYPE WITH MY CAPS LOCK ON TOO IT DOESNT HELP MAKE A POINT THAT MEN HAVE TREATED WOMEN IN POLITICS LIKE FECAL MATTER

"Women can go now and now that all are equal (unless Obama goes Commy.) women have a fighting chance acording to your studies"

But women deserve to have a monopoly, because after putting up with all of men's bullsh*t for 250 years just to become "equals" is a pretty sh*tty deal for women and they deserve better. Even today women might not be seen as equal with men becuase the first legit person to have run for president was overshadowed by another male candidate who is black. That doesnt sound like equality to me at all, which is why for the next 250 years only women should be president.
lannan13

Con

1. Men= bad presidents
b. I honestly hate Obama and I'm a Conservative, but that doesn't mean out of everything he's swcrewed up he hasn't done something right.
c. Bush has been my favorite president... behind Ike. If we had women as a leader they would be like Martin Lurther King in Popcultura, (I can't find the video because they blocked youtube) and want to turn the other direction.
d. He agrees, what the next two durs did was cause SOPA and PIPA.
e. H. Bush did great as president and Vice if women were in that situation we'd see what happens in the Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson.
f. Natives were killing and raiding towns, they rejected the daws act, they even massacred the U.S. army. (that's why the Marines are the best)\

2. Women could do beter
a. Men do the same thing (keep men out) even Triple H admitted that. (GM of WWE)
b. Women are crazzy as F*ck have you read the Child Called It, (autobiography) I never stated Palin ran for president, I was refuring to Vice president. Second of all when women have their periods we should send them to the middle east given them body armor and they would be beasts on the battle field.

Wars.
Why did you say those things Pro.
I'm for the war on terror meaning that it's a good thing and if we pull out now the whole middle east will fall to anarchy we already see these things happening with FRA and Somaila in Africa and also the Sh*t in the Middle east.
In 2000's Bueno Aries 1000 dead.
Even the ROTC chicks fight.
I thought that was Koreans, China has EMPs US is wide open for these attacks (I'll debate you in a Missle defense debate Policy 2011)

Fairness
heh is all I have to say
already defended this
IT WAS THE SHIFT KEY SO DON"T MAKE ASSUMTIONS
Monopolies were deminished in the 1900's by Roosevelt. Men and Women deserve to run side by side maybe Women required in cabinet or vice
Posted by SANTORUM2012 4 years ago
SANTORUM2012
as many times as it takes ;) relax...i just wanted to make sure it was fair.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Holy hell how many times are you going to vote on this santorum??
Posted by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
I'm no spelling champ
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Ok fair enough, but spelling???
Posted by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
mine could be used for 40 different things for this debate, yours is a new article.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
jhate how did lannan get the source vote? we each only had 1
Posted by Buddamoose 4 years ago
Buddamoose
One name, Sarah Palin
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
Here comes Lannan and making a serious debate out of this...lol
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Lets see if anyone spots it....
Vote Placed by SANTORUM2012 4 years ago
SANTORUM2012
imabenchlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: lannan did a fantastic job of rebutting pros arguments. He also used common sense whereas all pro did was use faulty opinions Pro also used sly, offensive statements whereas Con's debate was more mature.
Vote Placed by CalvinAndHobbes 4 years ago
CalvinAndHobbes
imabenchlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: "but ii did not agree with several of imabenches points" is not a valid voting reason. Especially since it's part of a troll debate tournament.
Vote Placed by cheesedingo1 4 years ago
cheesedingo1
imabenchlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Good debate but ii did not agree with several of imabenches points and lanman had good arguments and rebutles.
Vote Placed by ConservativePolitico 4 years ago
ConservativePolitico
imabenchlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering Jhate's vote. No RFD to speak of whatsoever.
Vote Placed by Jhate 4 years ago
Jhate
imabenchlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had more reliable sources and was convincing in his or her knowledge of the US good job