fred70
David_Debates

Oops... This is awkward!

fred70 has forfeited round #5.
Started: 12/14/2016 Category: Technology
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

fred70

Con

Oops... This is awkward!
An unexpected error has occurred.
Sorry about that. Our technicians have been notified and should have this fixed very soon.
Please try again later.
Oops... This is awkward!
An unexpected error has occurred.
Please try again later.
David_Debates

Pro

I will negate my opponent's argument, seeing that I am Con.

Hooray! This is gracefull!
A calculated success has stopped.
Unremorseful about that. Our unskilled workers have been ignored and should have this broken never.
Be unwilling to be idle again now.
Hooray! This is gracefull!
A calculated success has stopped.
Be unwilling to be idle again now.

Now that I have sucessfully negated the resolution, I urge the readers to vote Pro. Strangely enough, Con has decided to uphold the resolution, while I have decided to deny it.
fred70

Con

Actually I am Con. You are Pro.
I am here to confess that I....(takes deep breath).......I am one of those technicians.
I am against fixing this crap. It is exceedingly difficult, and i am severely underpaid.
When this site glitches, I frankly don't give a damn!
David_Debates

Pro

True, true. I acknowledged that in my last point, however, forgot it in my begining. My apologies.

Interesting. You state that you are "one of those technicians." My question to you is:
1) Your profile differs. It states that your occupation is "Artist," and that you are "just on this thing while drinking beer." A technician certainly wouldn't do either of those things at the place at which he works.
2) Your round one argument seemed to state that you were apologetic to the issue at hand. You state, "Sorry about that" twice in your argument, making me think that you do want to fix the problem.
3) You speak of "our technicians." If you are truely one of the technicians, why speak this way? It is as if I were to state, "Sorry about that. Our students have been notified," when speaking of myself. Not only is it unnatural, but it throws shadow upon your case, as it hinges upon your occupation and your reason to work.

I await your response.
fred70

Con

Oops... This is awkward!
An unexpected error has occurred.
Please try again later.-----This is the message our software automatically sends you when there's a glitch.
I consider my talents to fix this an art, thus I am an artist.
I am usually drunk at work.
David_Debates

Pro

This still raises the question of the legitimacy of your employment. I still do not believe, and I hope the readers are not lead to believe, that a person who is under the effects of alcohol when working is truly an employee of this site. Not only that, but this is an employee who refuses to work, yet claims that his talents make him an artist.

Con has not only contradicted himself, but I also have no idea what I am debating. I would like clarification, but I don't think it is possible from the instigator. After all, the full resolution is "Oops... This is awkward!" First off, what is "this?" The debate? A glitch? Which glitch? Second, what parameter allows one to believe something is indeed awkward? What measurement must we use to determine that it is indeed awkward?

If Con means this debate, then it truly is awkward, as I have no clue what is going on.

But hey, it's kinda fun in a weird way, I guess.
fred70

Con

Debate.org. doesn't care if I'm drunk at work. I asked for help, and the boss bought a goldfish, named it Bob, and put it on my desk. Bob does not help me.
David_Debates

Pro

1) If you were to be a technician of this site, then you would not work for Debate.org, instead, you would work for Juggle. Strange you would not name them as your employer. Once again casting shadow upon your claims that you are indeed a technician for this site.
2) Aparently you have a physical location, owned by your employer, as implied when you state you have a desk. If you have a physical location, then your employer is stretching the law by allowing workers to arrive intoxicated, or allowing alchohol into the work area.

Seems to make me doubt you even more.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Pro, you state that a site technician wouldn't drink or be artistic at work, but you have obviously never met Airmax.
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
Oops... This is awkward! An unexpected error has occurred. Sorry about that. Our technicians have been notified and should have this fixed very soon. Please try again later....