Adam2isback
JoseKNT

Open bigotry was common EVERYWHERE in America, not just the South

Adam2isback

Adam2isback

Pro

I will argue that open bigotry and racism has existed everywhere in America. Some of the most notorious incidents (unpunished) went down in states like North Dakota.
JoseKNT

Con

You are talking about that racism is spreaded about all U.S, and that's right. But the slavery-treat to the "lesser" races began in the south states. I am certainly from South America, Colombia, to be exact, and in the times I went to U.S many people insulted my family, calling us "mexican immingrants", when they had no idea about us, and thus, couldn't attack us. But this is focused in that it was created in the south, the bigotry has "it's roots" there , and therefore, many more people have those ideas in the south.
Adam2isback

Pro

You are talking about that racism is spreaded about all U.S, and that's right. But this is focused in that it was created in the south, the bigotry has "it's roots" there , and therefore, many more people have those ideas in the south.
I disagree, sir. Racism has its roots in neither the South or in slavery whatsoever. You're under the impression that slavery and racism are they same. They couldn't be more different. Racism has to do with hating other(another) race(s). Slavery is holding people in bondage. The reason racism happened in America is because people bought their beliefs of Western superiority into this country. The Native Americans certainly weren't slaves anymore by the time Abraham Lincoln launched his nasty war against Sioux tribes in Minnesota (http://en.wikipedia.org...). The same Lincoln also appointed a racist named Rowan Hinton Helper (one was racist against Natives; the other was racist against blacks). Yet he was against slavery, and better yet he come from Illinois. There are several others.

Now before you go around saying Southerners came there, bringing their cultural racism, and thus causing the lynching, look at when it happened. This is before the Great Exodus of Southerners happened in 1910. This was in 1882, which would mean that North Dakota and South Dakota have a culture of racism themselves, native to the native white population there. Let me not forget the most important aspect of the cultural racism at work here: this lynching was never punished.

So cultural racism and other forms of bigotry have been common in all of America.
JoseKNT

Con

I agree, and I apologize, sir for my misunderstood about "slavery", and racism itself. I wasn't meanting to the exodus in the southwestern, nor the decisions of Abraham Lincoln. I could refer myself as the beggining of the XX century, when the "white-supremacy" groups like the KKK were reborn, with a very xenophobe point of view. (http://es.wikipedia.org...), when the Klan was refounded in Missisipi, and easily became more extended with the hatred that the racists held against the blacks those years. But in the 1930-1950 was a marked racist tendency in the south, especially in Alabam with the Jim Crow laws, things that weren't north ahead like in Seattle or Washington. With Martin Luther King, and the equality that came in the '70-80's, it became obvious that the racism in the south and north were practically equal, but undoubtely the century XX the racism was concentred in the south.
Adam2isback

Pro

I agree, and I apologize, sir for my misunderstood about "slavery", and racism itself. I wasn't meanting to the exodus in the southwestern, nor the decisions of Abraham Lincoln. I could refer myself as the beggining of the XX century, when the "white-supremacy" groups like the KKK were reborn, with a very xenophobe point of view. (http://es.wikipedia.org......), when the Klan was refounded in Missisipi, and easily became more extended with the hatred that the racists held against the blacks those years. With Martin Luther King, and the equality that came in the '70-80's, it became obvious that the racism in the south and north were practically equal,
It was always obvious. You're forgetting that open racism was not just against blacks, but also against other non-whites. Woodrow Wilson (who was from New Jersey). The Irish and Germans were severely hated, and were subjected to hate crimes up North (which were never punished).
But in the 1930-1950 was a marked racist tendency in the south,
especially in Alabam with the Jim Crow laws, things that weren't north ahead like in Seattle or Washington.
I'm sorry sir. I don't understand the sentence.

But undoubtely the century XX the racism was concentred in the south.
See the link I put above.
Far from true, and this was really only shortly (24 years) before desegregation happened. Oh and this proves something about the culture of racism in the North, the crime was never punished either.

Open racism has been a part of all of America's culture of not just racism but bigotry as well in general
JoseKNT

Con

JoseKNT forfeited this round.
Adam2isback

Pro

Basically, open bigotry and racism has been traditionally common in all of the USA. Since the last round isn't counted anyway, I won't say anymore. Vote pro.
JoseKNT

Con

JoseKNT forfeited this round.
Posted by Lexus 2 years ago
Lexus
would be easy to take con and say that 1 atom in Montana was not racist, and win.
Posted by Hillben 2 years ago
Hillben
Of course it has existed everywhere it would be extremely ignorant to think it didn't. No one will accept your debate if you leave it like this. Your debate is the equivalent to saying salt water only exist in the ocean. for both statements the answer would be it is more common in the south and more common in the ocean.
Posted by Hillben 2 years ago
Hillben
Vote Placed by daem0n 2 years ago
daem0n
Adam2isbackJoseKNTTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Con forfeits. Arguments: Pro meets his burden of proof by showing places in America, outside the South, where open bigotry was common.