smya_8
dsjpk5

Open green areas are more important than expansion of cities for economic progress.

dsjpk5

smya_8

Pro

I think green spaces are more important than expansion of cities for economic progress. I can give many reasons.....
Economic benefits- Houses close to parks are on average 8% more expensive than similar properties further away. Greener cities attract more visitors, whose spending on shopping and leisure generates job opportunities.
Health benefits-People who use green spaces are more likely to take exercise than those who don"t, and that the attractiveness or quality of green space is important: people don"t want to use neglected parks or open spaces. The more time people spend outdoors the less stressed they feel " an important consideration given the cost to the UK economy of depression and mental illness, which has been calculated at "26.1bn.
Social benefits-Academic studies tend to support the relationship between well maintained local green spaces and people"s feeling of belonging. People who live near green spaces are more likely to feel a sense of attachment. In Zurich, researchers found youths were more likely to meet and make friends with people from non-Swiss backgrounds in the city"s parks.
This all shows that green spaces are much more important than expansion of cities that do nothing but creating problems for our existence on Earth.
dsjpk5

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate.

PLAGIARISM

My opponent has plagiarized her entire first round from the following
website:

http://www.operationgroundwork.org.uk...

I ask the voters to consider this when voting on this debate.
smya_8

Pro

I just posted the benefits of green spaces.... I never mentioned it as my own words..... And wherever you will look , you will find the same thing....
dsjpk5

Con

I appreciate my opponent admitting she plagiarized. Having said that, since she has yet to offer any argument of her own, I am still without anything to rebut. I am supposed to be debating her, not the author of that article. This is debate. org, not copy and paste. org.

My opponent now has one round left to finally make an argument. I look forward to reading it.
smya_8

Pro

Hmm... Very well said..
Green spaces are the primary need of the people because they are the only one on whom our whole life depends... Let it be oxygen, wood, timber, medicines,fruits, vegetables, maintaining water cycle and many more. We are already under the threat of global warming which, when increased, can take away the whole life from the Earth. Therefore, Expansion of cities could lead to such problems...On the other hand, green areas could surely decrease it...
dsjpk5

Con

Open green spaces aren't better because everything mentioned above can be manufactured in the cities. We have oxygen tanks, grow trees in cities, have lumber yards, grow fruits and vegetables in city neighborhood gardens, and have water treatment plants.

As for my opponent's global warming claim, she did not provide any evidence for its existence, so her claim should be rejected as the baseless claim that it is.

Remember, the resolution claimed that open green areas are better than expansion of cities. I didn't have to show expansion is better. I only had to show they were at least equal.

On the basis of this, and my opponent's plagiarism, I ask for your vote.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
I'd like to thank my opponent for finishing the debate, rather than forfeiting many times. I look forward to seeing her improve her debating prowess!
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
smya_8dsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism.
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
smya_8dsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism by Pro. Bad Conduct and argurment is refuted by Con.