Opinion on hunting

Hunting is good and its what helps my family survive on the ranch in the mountains.
But give your opinion of hunting, I support it, do you?

Hunting is bad.

Before I get into hunting for survival, I would like to talk about hunting for fun. Why someone would kill a animal just because it's fun is outrageous. It makes me want to headbutt a nail. It is unacceptable to kill a living thing just because you find it enjoyable. It serves no purpose. You are causing harm to another living thing and not even making use of the animal. In short, the animal dies for no reason what so ever because it's fun for you. *clap* *clap* go you. Man, you're sure good at that game you can't lose.

Now I would like to get into your situation, hunting to survive. It's justifiable, but unnecessary in the 21st century. Chances are you are not hunting to survive, but hunting because that's how you prefer to get your food. There are already 100s of cows that have been killed just for you, why do you need to kill animals around you. I get you probably want to live a simple life and I don't want to take that away from you, but we have a this technological convenience today. Cheap, instant meals.

like Frankthebob said hunting is cruel if your killing for fun which is true, you should not hunt for fun and leave the animal body lying there, you have to take it and use the meat and fur from it and show respect and thank it for giving its life for us.

One thing that is incorrect that he said is that hunting is not necessary for my families survival it is in a way. The nearest grocery store is about a two hour drive and the way we obtain food is through our cattle, crops, and hunting.

This would be the part where I would argue what you said, but you really didn't give me anything to argue. So I guess I'll just ask a few questions.

1: Other than the 2 hour drive, is there any other complications preventing you from getting to the store?
2: Did you choose to live out there?
3: If you have cattle and crops, why do you hunt exactly?

Good questions. And there is only a two drive between us and the nearest store. Yes we chose to live out there and it's awesome. And finally we don't want to eat a lot of cattle because they are our source of money and each less cattle is less money, we eat some of the crops but we can't live off of vegetables forever. Back to the store, would you like to drive two hours once or twice every week to get food when there are so many elk and deer on your property that you can't even go two miles with out running into a small herd of elk or deer. Also deer and elk eat our crops and hay. I mean we use almost every part of the animal and we don't waist it. I am against poaching and killing for fun but in my situation hunting is a important part of my life, I like living off the land it's awesome and the mountains are awesome. You put up a really good defense. Thanks.

I believe I have stated all I had to say on the issue in the 1st round. It has been fun debating with you, Noah.
Posted by NoahMuns 2 years ago
I live about a two hour drive from yampa that's a small town in the Rockie mountains near the flattops in Colorado
Posted by daltonslaw 2 years ago
I'm curious, where do you live, Instigator?
Vote Placed by ldow2000 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This was a very short debate, and it didn't go deep enough for Pro to really address Con's points, but he did have a few that Pro did not refute.
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I gave the spelling to con because the pro had some spelling issues while the con did not. I gave pro argument because he refuted all the cons points.