Ore_Ele
imabench

Opinion users are wusses?

Ore_Ele

Ore_Ele

Con

This debate challenge is related to this Opinions question.

http://www.debate.org...

The full resolution is: "The people who use the opinion section are too afraid to actually debate something and defend their opinion."

For a little background on this, my opponent created this very resolution as an Opinions question (obviously, worded as a question, rather than a statement).

opinion section - a section of Debate.org dedicated to open debates and opinions found here [1].
debate - in the context of this resolution, "debate" will refer to actually using the debate format of Debate.org found here [2].

First round is for acceptance.

[1] http://www.debate.org...
[2] http://www.debate.org...
imabench

Pro

I accept

Prepare your anus >:)
Ore_Ele

Con

My anus was born for this!

I shall present four cases for this round to refute the resolution.

1) The members which are casting opinions in this opinion [1].

This opinion is full of regular members that regularly engage in regular debates supporting their opinions.

2) MrJosh [2]

This member was originally active in the opinion section and has since come to do debates to defend their views, thus refuting the resolution.

3) Ore_Ele [3]

4) Imabench [4]

This particular member is one of the most active debaters and one of the most active opinionaters. The more that he argues for his side, the more that he is refuting it.

I will let this sit for now and await the troll rape.

[1] http://www.debate.org...
[2] http://www.debate.org...
[3] http://www.debate.org...
[4] https://www.youtube.com...
imabench

Pro

1) This opinion is full of regular members that regularly engage in regular debates supporting their opinions.

The reason why opinion users are all wusses is because EVERYONE WHO USES DDO IS A WUSS.... I mean just look at this place, you cant go anywhere in the forums and not find someone preaching an opinion they wouldnt dare try to defend in a debate! Hell people make entire forums just to announce when others wont accept a debate to defend something they said in the forums because thats how big the levels of wussiness are on DDO! Plus you have people who worry every time they debate about their win ratio, you have people whining about every bad vote that is made on debates, we have threads dedicated to people to post debates when they feel too butthurt about not getting any votes or getting bad votes on debates too!

Hell some people dont even DEBATE and instead only stay in the forums forever! When was the last time you saw Geo, 000ike, or that f*cker Imabench debate anything seriously? Lets face it, you cant remember the last time you saw that!

Its not just debating either! How many white male nerds in high school or college do you think are in DDO? The site consists ENTIRELY of privileged white high school and college males, who are historically the biggest wusses in human history!

'Oh waaa, my life is so hard, all my friends have an Iphone 5 and I only have the 4s and this first model Ipad.... I wish my life would just end already....' - Typical whiny white guy which is what 99% of DDO consists of.

Basically: everyone on DDO is a wuss, which by extension means all opinion users are wusses.

2) MrJosh. This member was originally active in the opinion section and has since come to do debates to defend their views, thus refuting the resolution.

MrJosh's favorite TV shows are Star Trek, Big Bang Theory, and Doctor Who..... That alone 100% shows how MrJosh is indeed a wuss....

3) Ore_Ele

Ore_Ele? Oh please..... You think the guy whose name sounds dangerously close to 'Oreo' isnt a wuss????

Ore_Ele is a site moderator.... Which means if you put a picture of an unblurred vagina anywhere on the site then chances are HE'S going to be the one to delete it if the other mod doesnt....

If Ore_Ele cant handle pictures of vaginas on DDO then that either makes him super duper mega gay...... Or a wuss.

4) Imabench

Oh where the f*ck do I start with IMABENCH??? Hes the biggest pansie on the entire site!!!! Hell just look at how much of a b*tch fit he threw when he found out Airmax was re-elected president: http://www.debate.org...

Imabench is the biggest wuss on the site!..... Hell he makes those Weekly Stupid episodes just for attention, he also makes those stupid a** troll debates also to even MORE bring attention to himself, and Imabench is the guy who cries at the end of 'WALL-E' every time he watches it! How is he NOT a wuss???? I wouldnt be surprised if he cries for only 20 minutes when someone accepts one of his troll debates and then takes it seriously.....

Over to you Pro.
Ore_Ele

Con

I thank my opponent for his round. However, he missed the resolution. As stated in the OP.

My opponent has very passionately established the wussification status of many members on this site. However, he has not shown that the members are too afraid to defend their opinions and debate. There are some people that may avoid a single debate or two, and others that choose not to engage in debates. But that would be broad brushing such a ridiculously large portion of us, some of whom I have listed as examples.

I will place this back to my opponent and let him present a case that members, such as him and myself are too afraid to debate.
imabench

Pro

"I will place this back to my opponent and let him present a case that members, such as him and myself are too afraid to debate."

I would present an argument, but im too scared and too much of a wuss to debate this now that I know what the actual resolution is.....

;D
Ore_Ele

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for their side in this debate. When I opened this debate up, I had not expected anyone to take it (as mentioned in the comments). It was more to showcase an extreme view held by one member who would not defend that view (as shown in the OP).

My opponent ultimately, was very brave for taking a debate that at first glance is completely lopsided against him, and while he ultimately wussed out in R3, he presented a case in R2. However, he did fail to refute any of the cases in my R2 (apart from himself).

I wish him the best for his next 400+ debates.
imabench

Pro

^ summed it up pretty well
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
(moving my initial vote field to here, since I noticed a vote in need of counter... and yeah, posting this debate in the forums to try to get fresh voters)

"I'm too confused to vote... Was pro wussing out a concession (give arguments to the other side, and conduct to him), or was it proof that wussies use the opinion section? Since he's clearly a pirate, I have a hard time buying him being a wuss, yet pirates are tricky and people fall for said tricks... ARG!" 0/0 votes.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
yeah sorry about that, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to win a debate :P
Posted by MrJosh 4 years ago
MrJosh
Ha! My television preferences were part of a debate!
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Possibly
Posted by Ore_Ele 4 years ago
Ore_Ele
Ima, you are currently at 399 debates and are in 3 active debates. All 3 are in R2. This might end up as your 400th debate.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
This looks like a lovely debate to derail :D
Posted by Ore_Ele 4 years ago
Ore_Ele
...crap
Posted by Ore_Ele 4 years ago
Ore_Ele
I'm hoping no one will accept. It is just up in case someone does feel that way. I did another debate like this when another member was claiming that the Earth was hollow.
Posted by JustinAMoffatt 4 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
Fair enough. :) I'm not trying to saw it was justified. I'm just saying that I would, personally, probably only accept this debate if it worded the way I mentioned previously. Obviously that's not what you wanna debate, nor the message you're trying to send.
I wish you luck.
Posted by Ore_Ele 4 years ago
Ore_Ele
Yet, in all the comments he never made that clarification. The views of the opinion section have always been highly negative by many members of DDO, ever since the merger. I don't see him making those same attacks on those that only talk in the forums, or those that talk in the forums, but haven't debated in 2+ years. This was a slam on the opinions section as a whole, with a back door to try and weasel out of.
Vote Placed by MrJosh 4 years ago
MrJosh
Ore_EleimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON made a specific claim and met his BOP; PRO made some points that didn't relate to the overall argument and he didn't source his claims.
Vote Placed by donald.keller 4 years ago
donald.keller
Ore_EleimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Imabench simply proved his point. Everyone on the Opinion section are wusses because anyone who comes to the site are wusses. Solid argument.