lilycup14
that_dude_gb

Opinions on Same-Sex relationships for a Persuasive Speech Assignment?

lilycup14

Pro

Basically, I'm writing a Persuasive speech for Speech class, and I was thinking for 2 of my database sources I could use some opinions from you people of Debate.org, with or against the idea of Gays, and Gay marriage. I think it would be a cool and creative idea to cite you in my speech. So any opinions are appreciated. Thanks.
that_dude_gb

Con

Gay marriage should not be legal. It is not natural. It is a perversion.
lilycup14

Pro

Why do you think that?
that_dude_gb

Con

Because it is not natural. It is however natural to marry someone of the opposite sex. If it were natural women could have babies with women and men could have babies with men.
lilycup14

Pro

lilycup14 forfeited this round.
that_dude_gb

Con

that_dude_gb forfeited this round.
Posted by laurenak 3 years ago
laurenak
As long as you live in the land of the free, everyone should be free to marry the one person they wish to. People are born under their sexual orientation. Saying that gays, lesbians, or bisexuals can not marry their same gender because they are not straight is just like saying a certain race may not marry another race because the majority of the people in the land of the free have claimed it to be wrong.
Posted by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
16kadams http://www.debate.org... is the king of Same-Sex marriage debates, I think he's done around 90 ( I didn't count, but he's definitely done a ton & way more than anyone else on DDO).
A guy named Contradiction http://www.debate.org... is also known for debating SSM, he actually just came back after about a years long hiatus.