MASTERY
SoccerGirl3373

Opponent picks topic.

MASTERY

MASTERY

Pro

Welcome to the debate.

This is a special debate, with special formats as follows.

FORMAT

1st round-Pro Introduce the parameters
Self-explanatory
1st round-Con Provide the possible arguments
Provide ten possible arguments for me to choose from. Do NOT try to define or explain the arguments, as I can interpret the arguments any way I wish. Anything here should only be greetings or topics. I decide which side I wish to be, IGNORE the fact that debate.org says that I'm pro. The debate topics have to be somewhat different, to prevent ten rewording of a single topic. I can change the topic you provide slightly as well for the debate to be a fun experience. At the start of round 2 I will underline and bold the confirmed topic.
2nd round-Pro Argument & selection of topic.
I will provide a confirmed topic here, define the topic and supply my arguments as necessary. My side (pro/con) will also be clearly stated here. Please cite all research and arguments. Please provide evidence for all arguments.
2nd round-Con Argument & Rebuttal.
Provide your arguments and rebuttal in this round. Again, please cite research provide evidence for arguments.
3rd round-Pro Argument & Rebuttal.
3rd round-Con Argument & Rebuttal.
4th round-Pro Argument & Rebuttal.
4th round-Con Argument & Rebuttal.
Provide your arguments and rebuttal in this round. Again, please cite research provide evidence for arguments. Pro Conclusion & Rebuttal.
5th round-Con Conclusion & Rebuttal.
Rebut arguments and provide a conclusion in this round. No new arguments.
5th round-Con Conclusion & Rebuttal.

No abusive language please. The topics that con picks should not be abusive. The topic has to be debatable worldwide. "My opponent picks the topic." is only a placeholder for real topic, so you may NOT post "I am not posting any topics, therefore I win" or something along those lines. Also, please post topics that are easy to debate on both sides. Topic should not be about religion or celebrities etc.

Failure to follow the rules and format stated above results in a full 7-point forfeit to the opposing team. Argument forfeitures also result in full 7-point forfeitures.

Rule breakage will result into a full 7 point loss unless forgiven by the opponent (special conditions such as debate topic chosen by opponent can be included if opponent broke rules). Also, justified rule breakage (including forfeiture due to previous opponent forfeiture) does not count as rule breakage.

PLEASE READ THE FORMAT AND RULES.

I hope we have a good debate.

Time limit for each argument: 3 days.
Character limit: 5000

SoccerGirl3373

Con

Should live animals be put into microwaves?
When animals are put into microwaves it's cruel, unsafe, painful for the animal, and a really dumb idea. This would be called torturing, which is not fair to do to a animals. Humans are animals and we don't test stuff on them. We also don't eat, torture, and kill humans for food. So that's why animals shouldn't be put into microwaves .
MASTERY

Pro

I have capitalized 'PLEASE READ THE FORMAT AND RULES. '. You definitely didn't.

I told you to provide 10 topics. You didn't.

"Provide ten possible arguments for me to choose from."

I told you not to assume I'm pro. You did.

"IGNORE the fact that debate.org says that I'm pro" The only reason I have provided this is to prevent one-sided debate attempts, like your topic.

This is about the tenth time this has happened. Maybe I should tick the 'only accept above elo' box, which would only let people with a certain amount of experience accept my challenge, and not tick the box when a resolution is provided.

Even though I have not followed the rules for this round, this is a justified rule breakage and thus my opponent still loses all 7-points. ("Also, justified rule breakage (including forfeiture due to previous opponent forfeiture) does not count as rule breakage.")

Any suggestions to make these rules more obvious are welcome.

I have bolded 'Failure to follow the rules and format stated above results in a full 7-point forfeit to the opposing team. Argument forfeitures also result in full 7-point forfeitures.' to make sure you read the rules. But since you broke them, you have forfeited all 7-points to me.
SoccerGirl3373

Con

SoccerGirl3373 forfeited this round.
SoccerGirl3373

Con

You have broke the rules too.
Here's ten different topics.
1. Should Obama be president.
2. Is animal testing right?
3. Should sports be stopped
4. Do schools don't do enough to stop bullying
5. Should schools allow cellphones
6. Should children who diss obey be sent to boot camp
7. Is death for murdering people wrong
8. Should kids be allowed to swear
9. Is home schooling bad
10. Is Michelle Obamas healthy school
Food thing right?
I await the pros decision
MASTERY

Pro

Broke the rules again. " Should Obama be president." Not WORLDWIDE. "The topic has to be debatable worldwide.".

"You have broke the rules too." Please explain. If it's this:

3rd round-Pro Argument & Rebuttal.
3rd round-Con Argument & Rebuttal.
4th round-Pro Argument & Rebuttal.
4th round-Con Argument & Rebuttal.

, YOU failed to provide your arguments in my round. If it's this:

And my second & third round

, this covers it:

My opponent has broken many rules already and has forfeited all points to me.

If you want me to choose a topic, I'll choose no.5 (Schools should allow cellphones but they need to be turned to silent). Provide your arguments in the next round, I'll rebut it, provide my arguments and conclude, and you do the same in round 5. You are con, I'm pro.
SoccerGirl3373

Con

SoccerGirl3373 forfeited this round.
MASTERY

Pro

Oh well. Another forfeit.
SoccerGirl3373

Con

SoccerGirl3373 forfeited this round.
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
Some editing needed for that (done in the latest version alrady:))
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
"Rule breakage will result into a full 7 point loss unless forgiven by the opponent (special conditions such as debate topic chosen by opponent can be included if opponent broke rules). Also, justified rule breakage (including forfeiture due to previous opponent forfeiture) does not count as rule breakage.
"
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
Jabuticaba
However you have not mentioned this in the rules. Since your opponent did not forgive you for breaking your rules, you lose the 7 points as well.
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
Also, justified rule breakage (including forfeiture due to previous opponent forfeiture) does not count as rule breakage.
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
Rule breakage will result into a full 7 point loss unless forgiven by the opponent (special conditions such as debate topic chosen by opponent can be included if opponent broke rules).

<>

(I have covered this)
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
No I didn't break rules.
Posted by The_Scapegoat_bleats 2 years ago
The_Scapegoat_bleats

You did - again - break your own rules.
Youdid not provide a confirmed topic in round 2, you did not define a topic and did not state your side.

Since these are your own rules, your break of conduct outweighs that of your opponent.
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
I know.
Posted by CheeseFries 2 years ago
CheeseFries
SoccerGirl stole her topic from a debate I was involved in.

http://www.debate.org...
Vote Placed by Anon_Y_Mous 2 years ago
Anon_Y_Mous
MASTERYSoccerGirl3373Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture and stupidity.