MASTERY
Jabuticaba

Opponent picks topic.

MASTERY

MASTERY

Pro

Welcome to the debate.

This debate is a special debate where my opponent provides 10 topics from which I choose one.

PLEASE READ THE FORMAT AND RULES.

FORMAT

1st round-Mastery Introduce the parameters
Self-explanatory
1st round-Opponent Provide the possible arguments
Provide ten possible arguments for me to choose from. Do NOT try to define, explain the topics, as I can interpret the arguments any way I wish, provide any arguments or provide your side on the topics you provide. Anything here should only be greetings or topics. I decide which side I wish to be, IGNORE the fact that debate.org says that I'm pro. The debate topics have to be somewhat different, to prevent ten rewording of a single topic. I can change the topic you provide slightly as well for the debate to be a fun experience. At the start of round 2 I will underline and bold the confirmed topic.
2nd round-Mastery Argument & selection of topic.
I will provide a confirmed topic here, define the topic and supply my arguments as necessary. My side (pro/con) will also be clearly stated here. I will cite all research and arguments. Please provide evidence for all arguments.
2nd round-Opponent Argument & Rebuttal.
Provide your arguments and rebuttal in this round. Please cite research and provide evidence for arguments.
3rd round-Mastery Argument & Rebuttal.
I will provide my arguments and rebuttal in this round. Again, I will cite research provide evidence for arguments.
3rd round-Opponent Argument & Rebuttal.
Provide your arguments and rebuttal in this round. Again, please cite research provide evidence for arguments.
4th round-Mastery Argument & Rebuttal.
4th round-Opponent Argument & Rebuttal.
5th round-Mastery Conclusion & Rebuttal.
I will rebut arguments and provide a conclusion in this round. No new arguments.
5th round-Opponent Conclusion & Rebuttal.
Rebut arguments and provide a conclusion in this round. No new arguments.

No abusive language, please. The topics that my opponent picks should not be abusive. The topic has to be debatable worldwide. "My opponent picks the topic." is only a placeholder for the real topic, so you may NOT post "I am not posting any topics, therefore I win" or something along those lines. Also, please post topics that are easy to debate on both sides. Topic should not be about religion, celebrities etc.

Failure to follow the rules and format stated above or below results in a full 7-point forfeit to the opposing team. Argument forfeitures also result in full 7-point forfeitures.

Breaking the rules and format will result in a full 7 point loss unless forgiven by the opponent (special conditions such as debate topic chosen by opponent can be included if opponent broke rules).

VERY IMPORTANT: If both debaters break a rule, the following applies.

1. Rule severity.
2. Who broke the rule first.

For example, if user-1 broke a mild rule and user-2 broke a mild-moderate, no matter the order user-2 would lose. However, if both users broke a mild rule, the one who broke it first would be forfeiting points.

To sum up.

Plagiarism not allowed (Moderate-Severe)
Forfeiture not allowed (Moderate)
Swearing not allowed (Severe)
Spamming not allowed (Severe)
Trolling not allowed (Severe)
Format breakage not allowed. (Moderate)
Personal attacks not allowed. (Very Severe)
Font bigger than 24 not allowed (Mild)
Random case not allowed. (Mild-Moderate)
Strikethrough not allowed unless necessary. (Mild)
Ridiculous or hard-to-read font not allowed. (Mild)
Random words/letters not allowed. (Moderate)
*Debate/rule complaint not allowed. (Discuss in comments BEFORE accepting). (Mild)
Unreasonable topics not allowed. (Very Mild)
Irrelevant information not allowed. (Mild)
Providing incorrect information not allowed. (Mild-Moderate)
*Arguing of definitions by me not allowed. (Very Mild)
*Arguing of side chosen by me not allowed. (Very Mild)
*Arguing of topic altercation by me not allowed. (Very Mild)
Violation of any of the above rules results in a 7-point loss.

* applies only to opponent

To prevent multiple forfeits within a non-tight time limit or breach of rules, I have restricted this debate to people who have a Elo above me.

I hope we have a good debate.

Time limit for each argument: 3 days.
Character limit: 8000

Jabuticaba

Con

Thanks for giving me the oppurtunity to create a topic.

Here are my 10 debates:

1.Beauty pageants should be banned.
2.Beauty pageants should be banned..
3.Beauty pageants should be banned...
4.Beauty pageants should be banned.
5.Beauty pageants should be banned,.
6.Beauty Pageants should be banned!
7.Beauty pageants should be banned!!
8.Beauty pageants should be banned
9.Beauty pageants should be banned!!!
10.Beauty pageants should be banned.!!!
MASTERY

Pro

You have broken the rules.

"Provide ten possible arguments for me to choose from. Do NOT try to define, explain the topics, as I can interpret the arguments any way I wish, provide any arguments or provide your side on the topics you provide. Anything here should only be greetings or topics. I decide which side I wish to be, IGNORE the fact that debate.org says that I'm pro. The debate topics have to be somewhat different, to prevent ten rewording of a single topic. I can change the topic you provide slightly as well for the debate to be a fun experience. At the start of round 2 I will underline and bold the confirmed topic."

Your ones are NOT different, in fact 1&4 are the SAME.

This is a format breakage. Even though I have broken the format, you broke it before me. So, you forfeit all points.
Jabuticaba

Con

I have broken no rules whatsoever. What rule am I being accused of being accused of breaking?

" The debate topics have to be somewhat different, to prevent ten rewording of a single topic. I can change the topic you provide slightly as well for the debate to be a fun experience. At the start of round 2 I will underline and bold the confirmed topic. "

I did not however break this rule. The rule clearly states to not reword in order to keep things different. I did not break this rule. I did not reword my topics, I changed the amount of pageants that should be banned, and changed the punctuation. In other words I re-punctuated and re-amounted. This changes the topics slightly, because it turns from a normal sentence, to a extremely important sent ace, to a question. I have also re-numbered them, making the amount of pageants that should be banned. Therefore topics 1 and 4 are not the same. This makes the topics SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT.

of somewhat: "An unspecified amount or number" [1]

So as you can see, since it is unspecified, any amount is acceptable. So slightly changing it which I have done without rewording, but re-punctuating and re- amounting is completely acceptable.

Since I have broken no rules, and my opponent has already broken a format rule, since they didn't choose a topic, nor explain their arguments, or which position they are, I automatically take control of the debate. Since my opponent has already surrendered all their points.

Since I am unable to continue this debate thus far because my opponent did not choose any position, nor made an argument, or choose a topic, I should not be penalized for this action.

source(s)
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...;
MASTERY

Pro

Obviously, your topics are NOT somewhat different. All topics are about beauty pageants. Re-punctuating them does nothing.

Your definition is incorrect. The correct definition is 'to a moderate extent or by a moderate amount'.

You have broken a rule.

You are the first one to break a rule, in R1 A2.
Jabuticaba

Con

Jabuticaba forfeited this round.
MASTERY

Pro

A forfeit.
Jabuticaba

Con

Jabuticaba forfeited this round.
Jabuticaba

Con

Jabuticaba forfeited this round.
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
You did. How didn't you?
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
Jabuticaba
Just continue with the debate, do not excuse my mistake, since I didn't make one.
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
Besides, 1&4 are the same.
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
The debate topics have to be somewhat different, to prevent ten rewording of a single topic. (In the format rules).
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
You have broke this format rule.
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
Jabuticaba
In my first round, I created 10 topics, yet still followed the rules. :D
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
Jabuticaba
I can join, but I obviously plan not to. You make so many rules in order to insure your victory.
Posted by MASTERY 2 years ago
MASTERY
THIS DEBATE IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO JOIN. You just need a Elo above me. If you cannot join, and want to, leave a comment here. Mainly, I just don't want forfeitures every round. If you have a about 2200 elo, or above, that will do.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
MASTERYJabuticabaTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff