Kescarte_DeJudica
Burls

Opponent's Challenge

Kescarte_DeJudica
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 4/29/2016 Category: Funny

Kescarte_DeJudica

Con

I will debate whatever topic my opponent wishes to debate. This debate will be based more on speed than topic and it's primary purpose is to test to see how successful a fast debate can be. Each side will get 5 minutes to make their arguments and/or rebuttals. My opponent will have an immediate advantage because he chooses the topic, thus leaving me unprepared to defend my side. I will take the Con side of the argument. Also, whoever accepts my challenge must make sure I am online first, before they accept, and must message me to make sure I am ready to begin. This way, it will not start without both sides being ready. ;)
Burls

Pro

Debate.org would be better with a new post function.
Kescarte_DeJudica

Con

Debate.org was created to have one type of debate. A new post function is not necessary
Burls

Pro

Burls forfeited this round.
Kescarte_DeJudica

Con

Now that I have more time, I wish to validate my claim with an argument. Debate.org only needs one type of post because it only has one type of debate: A debate between two people. Anything besides one post option is unnessary, at least until there is the option of debating multiple people at one time.
Burls

Pro

Updates on progressing debates would attract more viewers.
Kescarte_DeJudica

Con

Updates probably would attract more viewers, but what does that have to do with a new post option?
Burls

Pro

A New Post Function alerts the participants of this forum when ongoing debates have been updated.
Kescarte_DeJudica

Con

I suppose that's a legitimate possibility, but in the long run I do not believe such a feature will benefit the website as much as some other crucially needed changes. Eventually though, such an item might be useful. :)
Burls

Pro

uhhh...I got nothing...
Posted by Burls 1 year ago
Burls
I don't see how to turn the message function off.
Posted by Kescarte_DeJudica 1 year ago
Kescarte_DeJudica
Well, I did "pull it out of my hat", but there really are a few changes that I would like to see occur.
Posted by Burls 1 year ago
Burls
Did you pull "crucially needed changes" out of your hat? Or are there other changes you would like to see?
Posted by Kescarte_DeJudica 1 year ago
Kescarte_DeJudica
And I'm not necessarily sure I disagree with you, so I guess we're even. :)
Posted by Burls 1 year ago
Burls
I'm not even sure if 'New post function' is what I mean. ???
Posted by Kescarte_DeJudica 1 year ago
Kescarte_DeJudica
I would like to thank my opponent for an invigorating and unusual debate in the comments section, since I probably won't have time in the next debate round. ;) Thank you DDO, for hosting this debate.
Posted by Burls 1 year ago
Burls
AAARHG!! My connection is so slow!
Posted by Kescarte_DeJudica 1 year ago
Kescarte_DeJudica
I thought my page accepted messages. Does anyone know the correct way to fix that?
Posted by Burls 1 year ago
Burls
I don't know how I missed round 2 (???)
Posted by Burls 1 year ago
Burls
Ha ha! He is not accepting messages at this time!
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
Kescarte_DeJudicaBurls
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited and in the end Pro said that he "got nothing". Con refuted all of Pro's arguments and Pro was never able to counter refute due to the final comment that I quoted above. I will consider the final round as another forfeiture since he provided no content other than the statement that he's got nothing. Furthermore, Pro never actually defended the arguments he presented. He merely presented an argument per round, stated it and when Con refuted it, Pro never countered and alternatively just presented another idea per round which Con proceeded to refute. The decision is clear, Con wins.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 1 year ago
16kadams
Kescarte_DeJudicaBurls
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF'd and ended with "uhhh...I got nothing...", which I read as a concession. And Pro's one liner argument had nothing to do with the post proposal, so Con wins.