GeneticMutation
the50sandamerica

Optimism

GeneticMutation

Con

Optimism is, as a dictionary defines it, a disposition to look on the more favorable, or positive, side of any particular scenario. I contradict the mere thought of optimism. I am a pessimist.

This is a type of person that is more favored to the downside of a situation. They are, I think, the better type of person. However, I may be biased since I am one myself.

Optimists are portrayed to be happy-go-lucky and persistently beaming, at least by the media. This.. happiness.. makes the person light-headed and therefore unable to make rational decisions, opting to cling to the idea that something is going to save them from this perilous situation. It keeps them from saving themselves, as fantasy and reality are two different worlds.

It is irrational, unbelievably ridiculous, as well as shallow. This is what I think, and am eager for some brave soul to make a counterclaim.

the50sandamerica

Pro

Hello, I'm more than happy to accept your debate.

Not only does optimism give you a happy, earthly, and confident outlook on life, optimism is also good for your health! According to researchers, positive thinking increases your life span, lowers rates of depression, gives you better psychological/physical well-being, and strengthens your coping skills during times of stress.
GeneticMutation

Con

GeneticMutation forfeited this round.
the50sandamerica

Pro

the50sandamerica forfeited this round.
GeneticMutation

Con

GeneticMutation forfeited this round.
the50sandamerica

Pro

the50sandamerica forfeited this round.