whyt3nn3rdy
Leah15

Oratory Battle

whyt3nn3rdy

whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

I'm not sure if any of y'all do Original Oratory, but for someone that does I would love to battle you on topics. We will not be posing oratories, but the topics to them. Each round will be a different topic completely. For example, I could post an oratory topic of "self-esteem" and explain why it is a good oratory in the second round of this debate, but in the third I could post one about loneliness. At the end of the debate the vote will be on who had the better topics.

Each topic must have an explanation as to why it is a good topic for an Oratory speech. If you need to know what an oratory is, please look it up, it's pretty simple in general.

First round is for acceptance and questions by the Con side of this debate to provide for a clearer debate. All questions will be answered in comments.
Leah15

Con

oh mother effer. idk what to effin pick.
whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

whyt3nn3rdy forfeited this round.
Leah15

Con

Leah15 forfeited this round.
whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate, I can't wait to hear your ideas!

My first topic will be "We should reconsider our obsession with self-worth."

I think this is quite a good topic for the reason that everybody is able to face this issue, and many people, infact, do.

You could also use almost any structure of oratory with this topic. You could easily use problem-cause-solution, cause-effect-solution or even two-pronged. I, myself, would use problem-cause-solution because many people over-look this in their lives and don't believe that it is a problem. This is a good topic for an oratory because it would truly expose the issues that many of us face without knowing. Because of this, the oratory would be extremely helpful and educational to anyone because there are many real-life examples of people obsessed with attention.

You could easily mention almost any celebrity that acts out to gain more and more attention. You could also mention people who falsely confess to crimes they did not commit to gain attention from the police, and those who claim to have been harassed when they have no, in fact, gone through that situation. There are also many stories of plastic surgery gone wrong that you could mention. Essentially, there are so many real-life examples that would contribute to making this topic excellent for an oratory.

Thank you for the previous forfeit, and I look forward to an interesting debate!
Leah15

Con

Leah15 forfeited this round.
whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

I will not pose a new idea, for the sake of keeping this fair to Con.

Extend my previous topic.
Leah15

Con

Leah15 forfeited this round.
whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

Please extend my topic to the last round.
I will allow my opponent to argue in the final round if she wishes.
Leah15

Con

Leah15 forfeited this round.
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 5 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
Tried posting from my phone this morning, obviously didn't work. We'll just make it 3 rounds for actually debating the topics.
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 5 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
You don't need to pick in the first round, don't worry. Technically you have about 5 more days. I'll wait to post my argument until my time limit is up, giving you more time to think. The first round was just accepting the terms of the debate. You're fine, haha
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 5 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
It's also a speech and debate event, and that's what this debate is about.
Posted by Dik_Dawg 5 years ago
Dik_Dawg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oratory_(worship)
An oratory is a Christian room for prayer, from the Latin orare, to pray.
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 5 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
You can post full orations to defend why the topic would be a better one, but really we are debating which topics are more important.
Posted by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
do we post orations here or...
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 5 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
See, I don't think you'd have to be a good oratory speaker for this debate. You just need to be able to pinpoint some of the main problems in today's society. However, the problem is that, yes, there are cliche' topics, but there's also the fact that they're so cliche' because they are so widespread and talked about, thereby making them more important to solve for.
Posted by general52 5 years ago
general52
I once had an oratory round where like 4 out of 6 speeches had to do with suffering, suicide, bullying, or depression. Did none of them realize at the end of the round I or my friend who pointed it out might become depressed or suicidal? From the over exposure to that kind of thinking, hell we might even have been tempted to bully them into quit making us feel that way. Some oratory topics are too cliche' I would debate this but I never really thought I was a good oratory speaker I barely made state my senior year...
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
whyt3nn3rdyLeah15Tied
Reasons for voting decision: One point for the first round and 1 for the ff's. Pro was the only person that did anything besides curse and use bad grammar.