tylergraham95
YYW

Orcas are cool as sh*t

YYW
Started: 1/14/2014 Category: Funny

tylergraham95

Pro

I believe that Orcas (the whales) are cool as sh*t.
Con must disprove this claim

Definition

Cool as sh*t- figure of speech to describe something as particularly appealing or impressive.

Hey that guy tylergraham95 is cool as sh*t!

First round is for acceptance

2,000 character limit for extra fun.
YYW

Con

I accept, because orcas are not cool at all, and most especially not cool as sh*t.

LOL

Peace out,

YYW
tylergraham95

Pro

Game on.

So f*cking majestic

Orcas a so super cool, which is even cooler than cool as sh*t.

First let's talk names. Orca whales have many names, which adds to their mystery and their appeal. The most common name for the Orca is KILLER WHALE. Have you ever heard something described as killer? It's surfer/Snowboard/x-treme sport slang. I'll give you an example of its use.

Dude did you see that movie about Orcas?

Yea dude it was crazy awesome!

I know bro it was totally killer!

Obviously in their name you can see, Orcas are really the bees knees.

Their lesser known name of the orca whale is the GLADIATOR WHALE. I bet your legs are trembling in awe now.

As we all know

Gladiators are pretty f*cking badass.

Orcas aren't just talk though. They've got the goods. "Killer whales hunt in deadly pods, family groups of up to 40 individuals. There appear to be both resident and transient pod populations of killer whales. These different groups may prey on different animals and use different techniques to catch them. Resident pods tend to prefer fish, while transient pods target marine mammals. All pods use effective, cooperative hunting techniques that some liken to the behavior of wolf packs." (1) You hear that? They are viscious killers. The wolves of the sea! They even kill for fun! They even kill their cousin, the bottlenose dolphin! Orcas are also technically a breed of dolphin, and everyone loves dolphins.

Orcas aren't just deadly killers though. They also have a caring side. Orcas love their families and never leave them. It's just like the super cool feudal families of old! Once a baby is born in the pod, they stay with the pod for the rest of their life. They also grieve when a family member dies.

Wow

Orcas can also live to be pretty goddamn old. Orca whales are known to live as long as 100 years. Also killer whales don't take you sh*t, and kill their trainers in captivity when they acting like a b*tch.

1. http://animals.nationalgeographic.com...;
YYW

Con

Cheers, everyone. Welcome to this, the latest troll debate I've had.

To be "cool as sh*t," something must be "particularly appealing or impressive." It will be my argument that orcas are neither particularly appealing, nor especially impressive. My opponent has the burden of proof, so I'll begin by refuting his arguments and then offer my own.

Tyler says that orcas are cool as sh*t because of how they are called, one example he cites is that orcas are referred to as "killer whales." In saying that orcas are "cool as sh*t," then, by his own framework is to say that killing -an activity for which orcas are named- is particularly appealing or impressive. But if killing is an act of violence, and violence is EVIL, then there can be nothing particularly appealing or impressive about being a killer of any kind, whale or otherwise. For some examples to prove my point, the first video is an example of an orca killing a dolphin. The second is of an orca killing its trainer.

Vile. Utterly vile. Whether orca's have lovely families, or not, they're violent, terrible, killers. To vote for PRO is to say that killing is cool as sh*t, and killing is NOT cool as sh*t. Killing is bad, mmmmkay?

My opponent's other argument is that orcas are cool because they age. There is nothing particularly appealing or impressive about aging. Everything ages, therefore there is nothing unique to orca's aging that makes them appealing or impressive. orcas also kill dolphins and people. Remember that.
tylergraham95

Pro

Good try buddy, but Orcas are still cool as shi*t.

You may say that violence and killing are evil, but you know who else was evil. Nazis! And you know what we did to Nazis? We KILLED THEM! Killing can be evil, unless it is totally warrented. If you are a justified killer, then you are a bad@ss and you are therefore COOL AS SH*T.

Take James Bond for example.

I peed

James Bond is universally agreed to be cool as sh*t, and he kills a f*ckload of people. Those people needed to be killed out of necessity. Also, bond is wearing all black and white, just like orcas. Orcas kill dolphins because they have to eat, and everyone knows dolphins taste AWESOME. Orcas kill their trainers because their trainers are a bunch of trippen b*tches who want to keep the orca locked up in some tiny @ss aquarium. Orcas are so godd@mn stellar though that they don't take your sh*t. They kill their captors 'cause they don't want to be locked up like slaves. Speaking of slaves, take a look at Django.

"D’Artagnan, motherf*ckers!"

Django is a bad@ss, cool as sh*t slave who don't take it from no one! Orcas, like him, kill because they get pissed. Orcas are meant to swim in massive swathes of ocean, not in some dinky little sh*thole called seaworld. The killing of the trainer isn't vile, IT'S JUSTICE!!!

tl;dr

Con is just some hippy who can't handle to awesome bad@ssery that comes from the vigilantes of the sea, the orca.

Imagine if you will, you're out at see, when some b*tch @ss sea lion comes up to you and starts talking sh*t. Then suddenly, a killer whale swoops up and eats that little b*tch, just like in the video. Cool as sh*t am I right?

Killer whales are loving to their friends, and fierce defenders of the weak, and freedom fighters, and obviously are particularly impressive.

Just remember,

;
YYW

Con

We killed Nazi's for the same reason that James Bond kills (or beat's the living sh!t out of) villains: because they deserved to be killed (or mauled).

See video's 1-4, b!tches.... lol

So, killing Nazi's or Bond Villains is not arbitrary... UNLIKE HOW ORCA'S KILL!

Orcas kill everything, good or bad... or ugly.... like innocent trainers and sea lions.

If something is arbitrarily violent, then it cannot be cool.
Orcas are arbitrarily violent.
Therefore, orcas cannot be cool... as sh*t or otherwise.
tylergraham95

Pro

"We killed Nazi's for the same reason that James Bond kills (or beat's the living sh!t out of) villains: because they deserved to be killed (or mauled)."

Yea and orcas kill things for the same reason. Why do they kill dolphins you ask? Because Dolphins rape things for fun. (see video 1).

Orcas kill sea lions because A) Sea lions are tasty and a homies gotta eat amirite? and B) Sea Lions been talking sh*t.

B*tch @ss n*gga.

And as I've previously established, ORCAS DON'T TAKE YO' SH*T.

Furthermore, if you've ever seen the documentary Blackfish, you would know that when orcas kill their trainers, its because they actin' a B*TCH.

Words to live by.

Orcas get shat on by their trainers every day at places like seaworld. They get torn away from family, and they're forced to perform for crowds of yelling children.

Don't you think you might kill someone too?

YYW

Con

Some dolphins can be naughty... but not all! You're telling me that you're ok with the arbitrary slaughter of tens of thousands of dolphins just because a few of them get too frisky? Might as well end all humanity, by that logic. My opponent's got to face the facts: I mean, killer whales kill more dolphins than the Japanese, without regard to whether any individual dolphin deserved to die. Maybe he's got a point that the seas are better without SOME dolphins, but only the creepy ones. Not the good ones, which are equal apt to BE MERCILESSLY KILLED by orcas!

And sea lions? Maybe they are tasty... but that doesn't mean they deserve to be mercilessly torn apart!

Just look at that face! Clearly not talking sh!t either...

Maybe orcas's do get shat on by all kinds of people, but that doesn't make them cool as sh!t... they're merciless killing machines. They are, after all, called KILLER WHALES!

Not cool, bro. Not cool.
Posted by TUF 3 years ago
TUF
This debate had me watching a bunch of killer whale attack videos.... Lol
Posted by TUF 3 years ago
TUF
Posted by YYW 3 years ago
YYW
Well I see your proclivity towards the animal kingdom extends beyond terrestrial mammals, Liberty. You're quite the environmentalist.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 3 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
I am afraid Pro is most correct in his evaluation of that species.
Posted by YYW 3 years ago
YYW
Tyler, just change the criteria so I can accept... and believe me, I'll accept lol
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Orca's are truly fascinating. Con only has a small chance of winning this debate.
Posted by tylergraham95 3 years ago
tylergraham95
@YYW
You're on! But you're not currently accepting challenges.
Posted by YYW 3 years ago
YYW
I would totally accept this.
Vote Placed by thett3 3 years ago
thett3
tylergraham95YYWTied
Reasons for voting decision: Unlike cool people, Orca's dont specialize in kicking Nazi asss. I was given the impression that Orca's kill randomly and without regard to political leanings and the moral good of the individual. This makes them murderers, and un-American to boot. I think Pro would've won if the resolution was "Orcas are badasss as sh!t" because, let's face it, the pictures alone prove that. However cool? Murdering people isn't cool. Murdering people without first disapproving of their political ideology is unAmerican. I vote for America. God bless the USA.
Vote Placed by Noumena 3 years ago
Noumena
tylergraham95YYWTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's fatal flaw was in not disputing the foundation of Con's main argument against the resolution. That is, that orcas are ruthless killers who have been known to kill without provocation and against sentient creatures who don't deserve such treatment. The premise itself is obviously false. See any cool arse villain in the history of forever. The Joker. Cool as sh1t. Charles Bronson. Cool as sh1t. Josef Stalin. Cool as sh1t. This all goes without saying. But Pro, unfortunately, fails to take advantage of this mistake; instead arguing that seals had it coming and whale trainers are evil slave-handlers who deserve to die. As to seals, Pro failed to back this point up and falls big because of it. As to the trainers, a moral argument could be made but Pro was too busy with the James Bond stuff to focus on it. Good debate to both but Con takes this one on arguments. And since there isn't an award for most frequent use of the word sh1t, no points to Pro.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
tylergraham95YYWTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was much more entertaining. He did have a lot of interesting arguments, more than Con did at least. I really enjoyed reading and Pro's pictures helped to show how Orcas are as cool as sh*t. I think the name "Gladiator Whale" shows how they are as cool as sh*t. Conduct goes to Con however since I slightly felt that Pro was trolling. But this was a very fun debate.
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
tylergraham95YYWTied
Reasons for voting decision: I am kind of torn here. I think Con arguably had more valid points with a logical perspective, while maintaining the trollacity of the debate lol. I died at heart though when I saw Pros sources. Like still laughing. Quite entertaining.