LukeJ
mcala7

Organized Religion

Con Tied Pro

LukeJ

Con

I do not understand religion.
I understand the concept of it giving your life structure and everything but seriously.
I understand having a faith in God, or a higher power, living your life as best you can, spirituality- but not organized religion.
How can someone follow a book written thousands of years ago? They are giving all their power to the person writing it.
If the bible says this is wrong, its wrong. If it says this is right, its right. And a lot of people do not question it at all. Are they ignorant, stupid, hateful even?
They use the Bible as an excuse for bigotry against homosexuals (and other social groups) when there is like one line in the whole book saying its wrong, yet the bible also says eating shellfish is wrong...? Why don't they enforce that yet they enforce bigotry?

I also find it ironic that religion is supposed to be about finding peace with god, being a good person, being generous and kind, etc., which it may, but I think the good it causes is beaten by the hate and resulting seperation, war, and everything else that comes with it.

Religion has caused death and hate everywhere throughout history.

I am not trying to say religion is stupid, I think being spiritual is great, but I think people need to decide for themselves as an individual what is right and what is wrong, I don't see how its that hard.

It just seems like people who are into organized religion, church going, etc., give all their power away and don't think at all. They just listen and believe what they read/hear.

What do you think?

A lot of people use religion as a way of excusing their bigotry.
mcala7

Pro

I am sorry, but i will not be able to do this debate because of stuff i have to do with my mom
I am really sorry
I wont be able to get on the computer
I do apologize
and hope you find someone else to debate
LukeJ

Con

LukeJ forfeited this round.
mcala7

Pro

mcala7 forfeited this round.
LukeJ

Con

LukeJ forfeited this round.
mcala7

Pro

mcala7 forfeited this round.
Posted by Valtarov 6 years ago
Valtarov
I'll debate you on this topic if you'll issue me a challenge.
Posted by Ancara 6 years ago
Ancara
Wish i had time for time one... Good luck and i hope you find some answers along the way.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
LukeJmcala7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)