Original DBZ vs Kai
Debate Rounds (5)
I will await a response.
I shall begin with that the original DBZ did have many of the episode that I watched and saw during my rewatching when my friend lent me his copies of the remastered DBZ.
My opponent states that had many episodes, though he never states why this makes the original is better than Kai, in fact, the shorter amount of episodes in Kai is a GOOD THING, the idea was to make the dialouge and episodes follow the original japanese anime and the manga as close as possible.
The biggest issue with Z was that the episodes were so drawn out, that is destroyed the quality of the show. First of, most of the episodes time was taken up with yelling, staring, or long stills of powering up. The Dragon Ball Z anime dragged out fight scenes, talking, and much more for such long periods of time in order to make way for new manga chapters.
That being said, this made the anime cheesy, watching nothing but screaming for minutes on end is an ebressament really, Kai fixed this up, by remaining true to the manga, over 20 minutes of fighting through the course of 3 episodes were accuretly cut down to a few minutes. Making it a more professional and drawn out product.
To add to that, the filler in Dragon Ball was terrible, "Hey guys, an alien is about to destroy us all in a few months, how about we drive some freaking cars while we wait." that actually happened, while cell prepared to destroy the world, the guys decided to drive cars in the filler. Thats pretty bad.
So why Kai is better, first of, like I said, there are less episodes, the fight scenes that boringly drew on for episodes on end were reduced to minutes, just like the manga, where major fights could be a few pages to a chapter. There was also no filler in kai, which was a major drag on the series, again, no one wanted to watch a robot cook mushrooms or picolo drive a car.
Another, I found the voice acting in Kai to be pretty stellar, surprisingly they had most of the original cast present, Sonny, Sabat, Sean were all present for their roles, and more appropriate voices were given to most characters, Kid Gohan no longer sounded like a girl, Freiza didn't sound like an old man posing as a women, and so on.
Also, that theme song, sure, the guitar solo in DBZ was good, but Kai's theme, DAMN.
Thats all I have now really, I will await for opponent.
1. These "Major Missing Plots" were rather filler, or where in there, in Kai, the Sayin history is briefly explained by King Kai and Vegeta. This also applies to the manga, of course the story of bardock was directed by Toriyama, making it cannon, but for the purpose of keeping it true, Kai did its purpose.
2. Also it was just announced recently that Kai will be doing the Buu saga, and Funimation will also be dubbing it.  As for the theme song, I guess really its a prefrence on what theme songs you like, I personally thought the english dub opening was terrible, really just plain and boring. Also you don't state if it makes it better or not.
3. Marron was a terrible gag character, like I said, the excessive amount of filler in DBZ was terrible, and episodes to appeal to fan service is just sad. You could actually cut the 291 to around 100 removing the filler, thats almost 191 episodes of filler.
4. No blood? No, no, no my friend you watched the censored version of the show, both the online and DVD versions are completley uncensored, this is the same case as when the original dub appeared on Toonami over 10 years ago, there was no blood, language, or really any violence, unless you owned the DVD it was the same case.
5. Did you really just make that joke?
devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||1||3|
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had no real arguments of his own. However Con FF so I give conduct to Pro.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.