TetsuRiken
devin.cooper64

Original DBZ vs Kai

devin.cooper64
Started: 11/7/2013 Category: TV

TetsuRiken

Pro

Dragon Ball Z is my fervid and first anime and as such I have a bone to pick with DBZ Kai. Anyone who wants to challenge me can do so.
devin.cooper64

Con

Ill take the challenge, although I do prefer the original over Kai, I will be playing role of Devil's Advocate for this debate.
I will await a response.
TetsuRiken

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge. And who ever wins good luck.

I shall begin with that the original DBZ did have many of the episode that I watched and saw during my rewatching when my friend lent me his copies of the remastered DBZ.
devin.cooper64

Con

My opponent states that had many episodes, though he never states why this makes the original is better than Kai, in fact, the shorter amount of episodes in Kai is a GOOD THING, the idea was to make the dialouge and episodes follow the original japanese anime and the manga as close as possible.

The biggest issue with Z was that the episodes were so drawn out, that is destroyed the quality of the show. First of, most of the episodes time was taken up with yelling, staring, or long stills of powering up. The Dragon Ball Z anime dragged out fight scenes, talking, and much more for such long periods of time in order to make way for new manga chapters.

That being said, this made the anime cheesy, watching nothing but screaming for minutes on end is an ebressament really, Kai fixed this up, by remaining true to the manga, over 20 minutes of fighting through the course of 3 episodes were accuretly cut down to a few minutes. Making it a more professional and drawn out product.

To add to that, the filler in Dragon Ball was terrible, "Hey guys, an alien is about to destroy us all in a few months, how about we drive some freaking cars while we wait." that actually happened, while cell prepared to destroy the world, the guys decided to drive cars in the filler. Thats pretty bad.

So why Kai is better, first of, like I said, there are less episodes, the fight scenes that boringly drew on for episodes on end were reduced to minutes, just like the manga, where major fights could be a few pages to a chapter. There was also no filler in kai, which was a major drag on the series, again, no one wanted to watch a robot cook mushrooms or picolo drive a car.

Another, I found the voice acting in Kai to be pretty stellar, surprisingly they had most of the original cast present, Sonny, Sabat, Sean were all present for their roles, and more appropriate voices were given to most characters, Kid Gohan no longer sounded like a girl, Freiza didn't sound like an old man posing as a women, and so on.

Also, that theme song, sure, the guitar solo in DBZ was good, but Kai's theme, DAMN.

Thats all I have now really, I will await for opponent.
TetsuRiken

Pro

While true no one but me might want top see the filler episodes but Kai had major story parts missing the history of the sayains and The Buu saga plus the original DBZ in America had the guitar solo in japan had the song Head Chala and where the blood and just for those of us that are prvs where's Marron that was awesome and added humor. On the last part I'm just Sayain.
devin.cooper64

Con

1. These "Major Missing Plots" were rather filler, or where in there, in Kai, the Sayin history is briefly explained by King Kai and Vegeta. This also applies to the manga, of course the story of bardock was directed by Toriyama, making it cannon, but for the purpose of keeping it true, Kai did its purpose.

2. Also it was just announced recently that Kai will be doing the Buu saga, and Funimation will also be dubbing it. [1] As for the theme song, I guess really its a prefrence on what theme songs you like, I personally thought the english dub opening was terrible, really just plain and boring. Also you don't state if it makes it better or not.

3. Marron was a terrible gag character, like I said, the excessive amount of filler in DBZ was terrible, and episodes to appeal to fan service is just sad. You could actually cut the 291 to around 100 removing the filler, thats almost 191 episodes of filler.

4. No blood? No, no, no my friend you watched the censored version of the show, both the online and DVD versions are completley uncensored, this is the same case as when the original dub appeared on Toonami over 10 years ago, there was no blood, language, or really any violence, unless you owned the DVD it was the same case.

5. Did you really just make that joke?

TetsuRiken

Pro

You have me but I still don't care for Kai it feels unnatural to not have what I grew up with and yes I made the I'm just Sayain joke I was going to put saying but I couldn't help my self.
devin.cooper64

Con

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
TetsuRiken

Pro

Good debate devin.
devin.cooper64

Con

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Tetsu profile no longer active
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
I agree with Gohan it wasn't that good especially the movie dan* that was bad.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
But you should also look at some other videos like I always say all animes are not the best people just think that but all is not really the best. Just see for yourself Dragonballz gt is not very good.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Well dbz gt is not even really that good so I know what I am talking about and I am sure people agree to me watch the video why Dragonballz gt sucks by myopinions333 channel. He will tell you the truth and look down at the comments. But Dragonballz gt is not as good as both kai and zz so I would rather watch kai instead
Posted by devin.cooper64 3 years ago
devin.cooper64
@Gohan, the idea of Kai was to take the original footage of DBZ and cut it so it was truer to the manga and the original japanese script. Also like I said in my debate, theyre doing buu saga soon. Also DBGT wasnt a rushed copy. Also toriyama contributed a lot to the series.

You have NO idea what youre talking about.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
1. STALIN by the end I had given up
2. Gohan your still on about GT
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Hmm well I like the theme head cha la it was good and the Dragonballz series was pretty great also with the mangas. Well kai is very different from z but it is a little bit of a copy of the same thing over again. I think it stopped at the cell saga I think right? If I am wrong just correct me but z is better and Dragonball but the worst out of all was gt Dragonball gt a rushed copy of dbz but it was someone else who created it not the original createor
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
Devian was devils avicote
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
This debate was not so bad though
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Kai is not better then dbz
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
TetsuRikendevin.cooper64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had no real arguments of his own. However Con FF so I give conduct to Pro.