C-L-Fox
wmpeebles

Original Short Story Battle

wmpeebles
Started: 2/13/2012 Category: Arts

C-L-Fox

Pro

First round is for acceptance :)
Basically what you do is write an original short story for the second round and then another original short story for the third. Afterward people can vote for their favorite story.

short stories can be of any genera

Please provide a Title for you story so that the people voting can put the title of their favorite in the RFD box.
wmpeebles

Con

Sounds like a pretty fun idea even though it really isn't a debate. I'll give it go. :)

I'm interested in seeing what you have to write.
C-L-Fox

Pro

C-L-Fox forfeited this round.
wmpeebles

Con

Taking a Nap

I am not kidding myself am I? What a strange sight. Desert for miles as far as the eye can see. My lips are dry and chapped, there is not a plant in sight. Where am I? It’s hot! The sun is blinding! Where’s mom and dad? What am I doing here? There’s an empty notebook in my sack along with one pen. Ay! I must organize my thoughts.

All I remember, the last of what I remember. I was at home, in my room doing homework and watching the news. It was raining outside. The rain precipitated from the heavens like a fierce dragon throwing fiery spit balls at houses. As we saw on the news, the querulous storm lashed at certain houses, its tornados engulfing entire houses and families and taking them away forever. The storm took a propensity for these houses. More resiliently built houses stayed alive while only the sleazy houses, housing equally sleazy families were taken away by God. It was a marvelous sight. By that time, it was 7:30 in the evening and I had grown tired. The sounds of raindrops lead me to take a spot on my comfortable bed. Ah, but just with intent of taking a short nap only. I had wanted to finish my homework. The ambient sound of raindrops and wind moving about outside was very relaxing, every few drops splattering against the window pane and making a delightful “plot” sound. And then I recall I wanted more than a nap. “Spare the rod and spoil the child! I hate homework anyway” I said to myself regarding the homework. And I let my brain rest, let all the muscles relax in my body, and let the rain do the work. I was asleep.

And here I am in the desert. It’s blazing hot. I try to stand, but the sand burns my feet greatly. My face burns immensely, having the blisters to show for it. Damn the sun for its heat! The grains of sand pile up so high than any search for groundwater yields these heaps and heaps of sand. Endless heaps of sand. Sand goes far as miles deep into the ground. The sand is harassing me. “What are you looking at?” I said with snarky attitude. “It’s no wonder water doesn’t like you”. “Where is my family?” I keep asking myself loudly, as if the sand was hiding the answer from me. And then an idea came to me. I’m dreaming! Of course, I’m only dreaming! Only these kinds of things happen in dreams! Pinch me, I’m dreaming! And so I pinched myself, but I was disappointed. The pinch hurt, but not only hurt, it hurt like hell. The sunburn on my skin hurt just as immensely as my pus filled blister. “Oh quit teasing me, I’m dreaming!” I angrily yelled out. Nobody responded. A gust of wind deposited sand grains in my eyes. I eventually came to a conclusion: I need to get out of here in order to survive.

I took the backpack along with the notebook and pen and just started walking. I walked and walked and treaded and slugged for a few hours until I noticed the occurrence of a bright light in the distance. Was that perhaps light from the sun bouncing off of buildings? Buildings? Civilization? Could it be true? I almost felt certain this was true until I remembered I almost felt sure that I was dreaming a few hours ago. Maybe there isn’t a city ahead. I went ahead to write this detail in my journal. But I discovered all the pages were blank, just as if I had never written in it in the first place. Except for one page though, where it said “Welcome to Hell, I hope you had a nice nap. Signed, The Devil.” I realized I had died. I could not help but to wonder where the rest of my family is. Maybe I would still be with my family if I hadn’t put my homework aside. All I know now is that I’m stuck in Hell, and I’m not getting out.

C-L-Fox

Pro

C-L-Fox forfeited this round.
wmpeebles

Con

Well this is just fantastic. Vote for me.
Posted by wmpeebles 5 years ago
wmpeebles
Please post something, your time is running out.
Posted by C-L-Fox 5 years ago
C-L-Fox
Okay, thank you so much... sorry for the inconvenience
Posted by wmpeebles 5 years ago
wmpeebles
Yeah, you can post two the next round. You can link to the first one in Google docs or whatever.
Posted by C-L-Fox 5 years ago
C-L-Fox
sorry, really sorry, my play rehearsal ran really late... i have it done... ugh... just post yours and if its okay with you i can post two next round... up to you ... sorry again
Posted by wmpeebles 5 years ago
wmpeebles
Dude, post your story.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
C-L-FoxwmpeeblesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit by Pro.
Vote Placed by Xerge 5 years ago
Xerge
C-L-FoxwmpeeblesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit....