Blairrr
m0dernv0ltaire

Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Blairrr

Pro

Osama Bin Laden is Dead. Most people who believe that this terrorist is not give irrelevant reasons to support their "cause", such as that the U.S government chose not to release pictures or videos of his corpse. Furthermore, this was not possible, because the troops that killed him buried him at sea. This now brings me to a new cause for "Cons" of this topic because the U.S so intelligently new that if Bin Laden was, in fact, buried, terrorists would have a place to perhaps recover his body for the reasons that also drive them to carry out terrible deeds to thousands of people. If Obama had chosen to bury him, the citizens of America would "harass" the government to release pictures, and to some, although what Bin Laden did, is offensive and insignificant, meaning it would have no point whatsoever.
Others also believe that Obama would lie about this occurence to gain "followers" for his next presidential campaign. I know for a fact that he would not do this, however, because if this was the case, the government would be able to somehow be able to "uncover a breakthrough" of some sort, like, for instance, the lowering of gasoline prices. In addition, if the president were to want to lie about his death, the Congress and Judicial Branch of our government would have to agree, which is quite unlikey. From CNN: While releasing the photos may have silenced some doubters, Obama was concerned it could be viewed otherwise, and didn't want it to appear he was displaying them "as trophies." His DNA was checked with that of his sister, and the outcome was "positive". He was wanted in about 200 countries all over the world, and now he is dead.
m0dernv0ltaire

Con

First of all, would like to make sure people know that I have no opinion on whether or not Osama is dead, however, I will debate against that theory.

I will assume that the Burden of Proof is on my opponent to determine that Osama Bin Laden is dead, based off of his statement, "Osama Bin Laden is dead."

Pro's claims are:

1. The government is not hiding anything. The reason that there are no pictures in the public is that none were taken, Osama was buried at sea first.

This is blatantly false. Pictures were taken, which five minutes of research would reveal.

2. The government avoided taking pictures because people would want to see them. This would have no point because what Osama did was "offensive and insignificant"

This is not only ignorant extremely offensive. While I agree that Osama is not the security threat that most classify him, he nonetheless orchestrated the deaths of more than ten thousand in his various terrorist attacks, and permanently disrupted trust in America. He probably cause the greatest attack on America and its culture since the Spanish inquisitions.

3. Obama did not use this as a popularity booster because if that was what he wanted he would have simply forcibly lowered gas prices.

This is ridiculous, and impossible. Not only does the president not have the authority to overthrow capitalism, if he tried to he would be shown overwhelming objection based on principles rather than free things. If your opinion of the American citizens is low enough that you think they can be bribed into tyranny then I do not know why you trust the government so dearly.

4. Osama's DNA was checked with his sister's

If one is to believe the government's word on this then the fact that they say there was a DNA test provides no greater evidence.

Pro has pitted himself with BOP and failed to give even a reasonable argument. However, I wish him good luck and would hope he can come up with a stronger argument so that I can enjoy this debate with him.
Blairrr

Pro

Sadly, you seem quite confident in your rather mindless retorts. I never, ever, wrote that pictures were not taken of his death, but I did write that these pictures were not revealed simply in their offensive manner, aside from the fact that he was shot in the face. Furthermore, the response you made towards "number 2" makes no sense whatsoever, because that is what I said in my agrument. While I wrote that Obama would have done this as a popularity booster, it was an example, however, if Congress and the Judicial Branch agreed to this, it would ensue. Also, as you may not know, when one pays for gasoline, that individual pays for the "guess" amount that it should be worth when oil is no longer avaliable, being a non-renewable resource, therefore, it is possible. As for the response to number two, you fail to give an arguement as to if his DNA was NOT checked with his sisters. You, in addition to retorting in an insulting manner to my arguments, provided erroneous thoughts backed up with no research to my side while not even having a "Con" debate, but only wrongly "proved" my thoughts wrong. Good luck to you.
m0dernv0ltaire

Con

Pro claims that he did not say that no pictures of Osama were not taken. This is a blatant lie.

"irrelevant reasons to support their "cause", such as that the U.S government chose not to release pictures or videos of his corpse. Furthermore, this was not possible, because the troops that killed him buried him at sea."
-Pro, round one

Pro explicitly states that it was not possible for pictures to be taken, showing not only an utter lack of research, but a lack of common sense. Pro says that I concurred with him in my second point. This is completely incorrect. Pro describes Osama's terrorist action as "offensive and insignificant", and I tell him that Osama's terrorist action was extremely significant. I contrasted him in the most basic of ways.

Pro then attempt's to school me on my own countries legal system by explaining that laws the government makes become the law. This is obvious, however, if the entire government agreed to forcibly lower gas prices, then it would not be a popularity move, it would be the government process. He stated an "example" of ways Obama could boost his popularity without fabricating an assassination. The example, however, was illegitimate due to its impossibility. I could accept his point if he gave a possible example which would have stirred up the American public more than killing their greatest enemy.

Instead of countering his DNA point, I tried to point out that a government's DNA test claim is valueless to one who suspects them of lying about an assassination. Why not fabricate an assassination AND a DNA test?

While I do not need any Con arguments since you have the burden of proof, I can simply say that there is absolutely no evidence he died besides a government known for lying's word. (e.g. "we know Saddam Hussein has nuclear missiles") If there is no reason to believe it, then why believe it?

Pro finishes up by claiming I insulted him after he offended me and all other Americans in such a arrogant way. I feel no shame for that.
Blairrr

Pro

Must I explain myself over and over again? KEY WORD-"the U.S government chose not to RELEASE pictures".
Meaning that the people who killed him took pictures and gave them to the government, but did not release them to the public. This is true with my research from Round 1, a quote from Barack Obama with CNN, and the research proves that pictures were taken as well. Furthermore, review my arguement from round one, where I wrote that releasing the pictures to the PUBLIC would prove "offensive and insignificant", therefore, it was a mistake on your part for careless reading. Again, prove this "impossibility", and I would like to add that this thought is also unimportant because it is strictly your opinion in that an event even less momentous than the "killing of their greatest" enemy could cause a stir for at least a large portion of the American public, thus, I did not attempt to "school" you. An event he might be able to exploit is the current attacks from North Korea on South. Helping South Korea with troops and supplies would greatly increase Obama's popularity, and this is proven with the following quote-"Fifty-seven percent (57%) of U.S. voters nationwide favor a military response to eliminate North Korea's missile launching capability." I gave proof from the President himself therefore if his assasination proves to have no faults with research that I conducted then the DNA test would have none as well, but I apoligize if I offended you, as this was not an objective of mine. In addition, show your sources for the example you gave where you wrote that the U.S government said that Saddam Hussein had nuclear missles. I would like to conclude round to by saying that I am American as well and did not intend to offend you. Talk soon.
m0dernv0ltaire

Con

m0dernv0ltaire forfeited this round.
Posted by m0dernv0ltaire 5 years ago
m0dernv0ltaire
Ok, your prOfile says you are IN isreal
Posted by Blairrr 5 years ago
Blairrr
Because I came to the U.S a decade ago?
Posted by m0dernv0ltaire 5 years ago
m0dernv0ltaire
If you live I America why do you say you are from Isreal?
Posted by Blairrr 5 years ago
Blairrr
When writing about the his DNA in round 2, I meant to write "number 4", not "number 2".