Skipper15
Jessalyn

Osama Bin Laden should haven't had a proper burial

Jessalyn

Skipper15

Pro

While this man caused thousands upon thousands of deaths and took down the United States World Trade Center he still received proper burial. He should have been shown dead on a live video feed for the world to see, allowing those other murderers to realize what goes around comes around. ( to put easily )
Jessalyn

Con

I accept the position of Con in this controversial and mind-stimulating debate, and would like to thank my opponent very much for proposing it! I look forward to an interesting debate. Due to the lack of grammatical clarity of the title, I'd like to clarify my stance on the topic: I am taking the side that Osama Bin Laden should, in fact, have had a proper burial (on the arguable assumption that his death actually occurred when it was said to have occurred/in the manner it was said to have occurred). I would also like to make it known that my opponent holds the burden of proof in this debate, as he is the one suggesting that Osama Bin Laden's burial was unjust.

My opponent has thus far given no reasons as to why Osama Bin Laden should not have received a proper burial, but has instead proposed the idea that he should have been "shown dead on a live video feed for the world to see, allowing those other murderers to realize what goes around comes around." On what basis do you draw your conclusion that Osama Bin Laden should not have received a "proper burial," but rather be exploited in the way you have described?
Skipper15

Pro

Thank you for bringing my attention to my lack of reasoning. I believe he shouldn't have recieved a proper burial not because he didn't deserve it, but because he was an example to the rest of the world. If other terrorist know he was eliminated then yes, that may strike some fear in their hearts, but to receive proper burial shows that there is still some tolerance in a terrorist action.
Jessalyn

Con

Thank you very much for your response.

Pedophiles are examples to the rest of the world, as are people who curse or steal bubblegum from gas stations. Shall we exploit them post-death, as well, to show the rest of the world that what they did is wrong? Shall we base the fate of every criminal on the best way to show other criminals that their actions will not be tolerated? Please answer me this: where is one to draw the line with something like this? If we deprive Osama Bin Laden of a proper burial, are we to deprive murderers of proper burials as well? Pedophiles? Petty thieves?

Depriving Osama Bin Laden of a proper burial is not likely to stop anyone from taking the same course of action. There is a very small chance that a person who plans to kill as many people as Osama Bin Laden did is going to change their mind after seeing that he did not recieve a proper burial.
Skipper15

Pro

Skipper15 forfeited this round.
Jessalyn

Con

I see that my opponent has, for whatever reason, forfeited this round of the debate. I can only hope that his reasons for forfeiture are not serious ones, and that we will be able to continue on this topic from here.

I see no point in restating my argument, so I will leave it to Pro to pick up where we left off. Best of luck, Pro!
Skipper15

Pro

Skipper15 forfeited this round.
Jessalyn

Con

It seems that this debate is over. I'd like to thank my opponent for his points and insight, and also point out that my arguments remain, thus far, untouched.

Because there is still one round left, I shall leave it up to my opponent to decide whether closing arguments will be made.
Skipper15

Pro

Skipper15 forfeited this round.
Jessalyn

Con

Thanks again to my opponent for allowing me to begin this debate with him. Because he has not refuted the points I brought up in Round 2, I believe it's safe to say the resolution has been successfully disproven. Despite Osama Bin Laden's crimes, he still deserved a proper burial rather than post-death exploitation for social purposes.
Posted by Skipper15 5 years ago
Skipper15
You too contender
Posted by Jessalyn 5 years ago
Jessalyn
I haven't posted my argument yet.
Anyway, this should be interesting. Best of luck to you!
Posted by Skipper15 5 years ago
Skipper15
I just got yours so I guess it's quick
Posted by Jessalyn 5 years ago
Jessalyn
How much time is allowed for each argument to be posted?
Vote Placed by TheOrator 5 years ago
TheOrator
Skipper15JessalynTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF BTW, you call wrapping the body up and chunking it in the middle of the ocean a proper burial? If they left it to rot somewhere in Pakistan it would have been made into a freaking memorial :P
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 5 years ago
Ron-Paul
Skipper15JessalynTied
Reasons for voting decision: FFs.