yomama12
BladeXFire

Oswald either didn't do or didn't act alone in J.F.K's assassination

yomama12

Pro

I will be debating that Lee Harvey Oswald either didn't do, or didn't act alone in John F. Kenndey's assassination
BladeXFire

Con

I will be debating that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.
yomama12

Pro

Fifty years ago Friday, Lee Harvey Oswald fatally shot President John F. Kennedy " or so concluded the Warren Commission, the group convened by President Lyndon B. Johnson to investigate the assassination.

Officially, it was accepted that Oswald fired three shots from the window of the Texas Book Depository and had no accomplices. The commission didn"t nail down a specific motive, but said, "He was perpetually discontented with the world around him. Long before the assassination he expressed his hatred for American society and acted in protest against it."

Yet despite the commission"s findings, many still question the events of November 22, 1963 and what really happened at Dealey Plaza in Dallas. In 1979 a House Select Committee concluded that JFK's assassination was likely the work of a conspiracy, for example. Conspiracy theories abound, alleging either that Oswald was part of a larger organization working to take out the president or was, to use his term, a "patsy." One theory also alleges that Oswald was trying to kill someone else that day " Texas Gov. John Connally rather than Kennedy.

John Kelin, author of a book on the JFK assassination, said that independent analysis of the facts surrounding that day on Dealey Plaza clearly show there was a conspiracy. He provides a host of popular theories:

In its report, the Warren Commission " tasked by President Lyndon Johnson with investigating the assassination " placed a gunman on the sixth floor of a building along JFK's motorcade route through Dallas. Such a gunman would have been behind the presidential limousine when the shots were fired. Yet of the 121 Dealey Plaza witnesses whose statements appear in the commission's published evidence, 51, by one count, said gunshots came from the right front " that is, from the infamous grassy knoll. Only 32 thought shots came from the building, while 38 had no opinion.

There is much more than this, of course: Dealey Plaza witnesses who saw unidentified armed men in the vicinity; witnesses whose observations suggest a radio-coordinated hit team; three Dallas cops who encountered fake Secret Service agents; and one who testified to meeting an hysterical woman screaming, "They're shooting the president from the bushes!"
BladeXFire

Con

I claim plagiarism on you because while searching for supporting evidence I found http://www.usnews.com... and it's word for word the same and no quotes or even you citing the source, that is illegal and has consequences you know. Anyway...
Back on topic
According to paragraph 9 in the "A Product of His Life" Section it clearly states "The question now is whether the report will satisfy those, especially abroad, who have insisted that there must have been a conspiracy in the assassination. The commission attempted to answer, specifically, every such theory and rumor." (http://www.nytimes.com...) in which disproves the the commission tried to answer theories of the people, but they cant. Proving that Oswald acted alone.
yomama12

Pro

Even if Oswald did do it alone, we will never know. As you know, a nightclub owner named Jack Ruby shot and killed Oswald two days before assassination. But why? Ruby's family stated they never knew Jack owned a gun! I have a theory. That the whole assassination was planned, and that someone else assassinated him, but Oswald was convicted only because he was there, and he had some dirt on whoever planned it. Then they met up with Jack, gave him a gun, and probably bribed him to assassinate Oswald. Oswald may have had secrets they didn't want getting leaked out. So they silenced him. Who would do such a thing? Well, citizen think it was the Al Qaeda, or even Nazis at heart! But others think it was the C.I.A. N one will never know for sure, but this video has some solid facts.
BladeXFire

Con

BladeXFire forfeited this round.
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
sorry I ment trial, :P
Posted by rolemodel-JFK 2 years ago
rolemodel-JFK
As you can see from my profile picture, I am a JFK fan. I have studied deeply into this "conspiracy" theory. To my knowledge Oswald used a .50 cal. this is a hard gun to reload three times and kill a moving object. Now if you study a video you can see a fence right behind the exit sign to the free way. I believe Oswald may have had a fellow colleague shoot from behind that fence.