skier96
PowerPikachu21

Our Country Has Become Too Politically Correct

skier96

skier96

Pro

I know it's important to treat every gender, every race, and every religion equally, but after seeing some stories and articles that just make no sense whatsoever, I'm starting to think that people are looking for racism where racism doesn't exist. People really need to learn to not let insults get to them. Every race/gender/religion has their stereotypes against each other and discrimination is everywhere. Instead of being insulted by everything and trying to make the world into a perfect place, people just need to toughen up and deal with the real world.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I would like Pro to elaborate on why "Our Country Has Become Too Politically Correct", and how his Round 1 argument ties in to the resolution. Also, I would like to see these "articles that just make no sense whatsoever".

(Pro's probably new, so I may go easy on him)
skier96

Pro

I believe the argument spoke for itself, but if you need help understanding I'd be glad to help you. These three articles are clear examples of political correctness going too far. One of them is finding racism where racism doesn't exist. The other two are where people grew up thinking that if they don't like it, it's automatically offensive and should be taken down.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com...
http://www.breitbart.com...
http://www.breitbart.com...

Have you ever heard the phrase, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"? This was commonly told after someone made fun of you. Many people need to be taught this again, seeing as everything you say can somehow be a form of racism, sexism, homophobic, or you name it. The world isn't going to cater to your needs or feelings. As a current student in college, it's starting to dawn on me that the professors try to capture students into this little bubble of telling them that they can't speak their mind if it could be offensive to someone.
PowerPikachu21

Con

PowerPikachu21 forfeited this round.
skier96

Pro

skier96 forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Con

PowerPikachu21 forfeited this round.
skier96

Pro

skier96 forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Con

PowerPikachu21 forfeited this round.
skier96

Pro

skier96 forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Con

:/ I concede.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
skier96PowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture. Pro was the only one who made an argument.