Auni
zapp

Our Finest Human qualities are being erroded !

Auni

Pro

Our finest human qualities are being eroded according to the Pakistani people i do agree with this because our cultural values are going down day by day and people are not having the same respect as they use to have some years before for the same country Pakistan.We have started adopting the western cultural which is not at all suitable for us because are values and our religion both don't teach us this thing and we should condemn this and don't promote this as sooner or later our generation will be affected badly.
zapp

Con

As an Indian, I believe I am in the perfect situation to rebut you. Our traditions go back a long way. We have evolved a distinctly different culture as compared to our Western counterparts, an every day I see this distinct identity eroding a little. However, are our Human qualities eroding, or strengthening with this merging?
Let me speak about the concept of love marriage, a foreign tradition which is slowly taking over the subcontinent. Consider that after an arranged marriage, I am forced to live with a total stranger, whose habits may very well annoy me to the core. On top of that, I blame my parents for the same, straining that relation too. On the other hand, after a love marriage, I know the person, and in case I don't, I have only myself to blame. Lastly, if I fall in love with someone, there are still places where I may be actually hanged for the same.
So I challenge you to give me some concrete examples where the interference of foreign traditions erode our basic humanity.
Auni

Pro

Auni forfeited this round.
zapp

Con

Umm...
Let me continue praising the merger of the two radically opposing ideologies.
I'll compare it with the process of sexual mating and fertilization. Biologists agree that the shuffling of genes at every generation is responsible for the survival of humans. Particularly, as we have children, the more useful genes gradually become more prominent, and finally, we have a better pool of genes. Similarly, the mating of our ideologies enables us to choose the best ideas of both the Eastern and the Western traditions, strengthening our moral fabric even more.
Lastly, I have to point out that whatever the reason, our tradition has a worse track record of "being good". Near 0 AD, India was the center of education, a shining example of excellence. We gave the world many important discoveries. Many of the theorems named after foreigners were mentioned in the Upanishads. But it is not so now. The center of excellence shifted towards the West. We have to accept that we have gone wrong.
Auni

Pro

Auni forfeited this round.
zapp

Con

zapp forfeited this round.