Coveny
Repcon

Our current representatives form of government isn't viable

Repcon has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Coveny

Pro

This refers to both the electoral college and politicians. My position is that the system of checks and balances our founding fathers created has been compromised by corruption, doesn't scale, and is no longer viable.
Posted by Coveny 1 year ago
Coveny
Sure.
Posted by Repcon 1 year ago
Repcon
I propose that my next argument would be accepting debate rules, and rounds 2 and 3 would be for the debate. Is this fine with you?
Posted by Coveny 1 year ago
Coveny
I'm new. Use whatever format you like, just stay away from the fallacies and personal attacks please.
Posted by Coveny 1 year ago
Coveny
The Roman government collapsed because of the corruption, it lasted for a time, but it's not sustainable, ergo it's not viable.
Posted by Repcon 1 year ago
Repcon
Can you describe the debate format?
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
You should include it. You've written yourself into a hole with this resolution. Viable is synonymous with sustainable or capable of sustaining itself. And if you're gonna go the route of explaining how corruption has overpowered and such, then that doesn't make the government unviable. It just means the current system of governance causes more harm than good. It can still survive while corrupt as long as it maintains its level of corruption.
Posted by Coveny 1 year ago
Coveny
I have an alternative, but I'm not presenting it in this debate. My alternative is likely to be unpopular, even though I feel like it's the best choice, so I didn't intend on debating it.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Are you presenting an alternative?