Our reality is an illusion to test our will for the afterlife

Round 1: acceptance and insight into what you believe the reason is for this

The universe doesn't exist we are here to live out a meaning less life until we die forced upon us by the people before our time. We are only running in a circle until death unless we find the way off the circle and discover what life is really.

I believe the universe exists
and that our reality is not an illusion.

But how can you prove that there is a reality and everything is fake and unreal. How can you prove that this is something that anything is actually going on. You can't therefore you cannot argue that reality is real.

The illusion is real and therefore not an illusion at all.

The illusion is reality.

And you have no proof that
your situation is actually going on.

How can you be certain of it?

You said it yourself.

Anything can actually be going on.

Good argument, but your forgetting that one thing is true in the statement that illusion is

something that deceives by producing a false or misleading impression of reality.
the state or condition of being deceived; misapprehension.

And that reality is
something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.
something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.

Therefore my competitor you cannot state that illusion is reality, and if you did I would win this debate. There is a constant circle that doesn't stop and that is the Illusion of reality is fake. So nothing is everything and the world is in fact a illusion to test our worthiness for the afterlife.
I thank my competitor for excepting this debate and look forward to any who want to challenge me.

" - The World's Favorite Online English Dictionary!" Web. 06 Apr. 2016.

First, you cannot use those definitions
because you should have in round 1.

But the "illusion" is the reality and not an illusion anymore.

And you have not proven that the
"illusion" or whatever it is even exists.

I have broken all of your proof and thus have won.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 6 months ago
must disagree with you Pro, life is no test, and the afterlife? Well it is real and eternal, so what you do here will echo in eternity .... question is .... will it be screams or laughter.

I remember when a can exploded on me, left a huge open wound and a burn on my leg. I was much younger .... but many years later, there she is .... a huge scar. My vote went to reality quick fast and in a hurry. So much for illusion!
Posted by Jnaejnae 6 months ago
Just to quickly point out. If this question is regarding the religious ideal. Then no. An all knowing god would never need a test. Tests have no meaning when the result is already known, and even more known than anything we know. If there is a test and it is an afterlife. It would rather suggest that reality is more like a videogame, controlled by super intelligent aliens, who dont know the results, but can work with the results.
Vote Placed by Overhead 6 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side really backs up their position with evidence or logic, just putting forward opinion. Pro says the universe is an illusion, Con says it isn't. Pro never answers Con's question "And you have no proof that your situation is actually going on. How can you be certain of it?" Nor does PRO offer any other explanation for why reality is an illusion throughout the rest of the topic. As per New Member tutorial in discussion, BOP is assumed to be on the PRO instigator in these situations. As PRO does not take any action to meet the burden of proof and CON points out the lack of evidence in R2 and R3, I give it to CON. The illusion definition might have had something to it, but I agree with CON that the final round is too late to give redefinitions that radically change the nature of the debate.