imabench
SlaterJ23

Overall, It is better to be Hispanic then to be Black

imabench

Pro

This is a semi serious debate (which I will troll anyways) where I will argue that overall it is better to be Hispanic then it is to be Black both in the present day and at most times in the past as well

4 rounds, 4000 characters, first round acceptance only

Go for it
SlaterJ23

Con

I accept your debate and look forward to a fun time
imabench

Pro

Alrighty then, lets get it on.

Reasons why its better to be hispanic then black:

1) More likely to be bilingual

Being Hispanic means you are very likely to be bilingual and speak both English and Spanish.... Blacks usually only speak one language, English, and even then I dont thank that 'Dem hoes bein b*tches and keep jackin up my game dawg' real English....

2) Their native land is much closer to home.

Hispanics usually come from south of the border and can return to their homeland or origins of their ancestors with ease, blacks though usually come from Africa and last I checked, that place is really far away and pretty f*cked up right about now

3) Hispanics have the Pope

The new Pope is some dude from South America which technically makes him Hispanic, blacks currently dont have a pope ----------- (Warning, super racist comment approaching ---------- unless you count the KFC guy as the pope of black people

4) Hispanics are close to controlling the Southern US

They are arriving en masse and repopulating like crazy to the point that they may start to take over the Southern United States.... Black people dont really have many states that they can take over in terms of population.

5) Hispanics outnumber Blacks in the Senate

Meaning they have more say in national affairs

One Black Senator: http://www.infoplease.com...
Three Hispanic Senators: in the House: http://www.infoplease.com...

6) Millions and millions of hispanics are immigrating to the country whereas blacks are not

This means that Hispanics are growing in number and fast while blacks are becoming a smaller and smaller minority.

7) Blacks go to jail waaaaaaay more frequently then hispanics do

http://www.prisonpolicy.org...

^ Pretty f*cked up, but still a good reason to be hispanic instead of black.

8) 200 years ago, Blacks were slaves while Hispanics were not.

Blacks have it worse then Hispanics do both today and in the past, which only further shows that it is better to be hispanic then it is to be black....

9) Barack Obama is black

A solid argument for why its better to be Hispanic then to be Black

SlaterJ23

Con

Okay let me begin by saying that the whites are better than both blacks and Hispanics of course ha ha, however, blacks are indeed the superior race and is key word "better" than being a Hispanic.

1) Athleticism

Other than Hispanics being able to jump over fences they are much more inferior in athleticism. Blacks rule the games of Basketball, Football, and hell they win all the gold medals for track and field too. Being superior athlete also entitles them to make more money. Lebron James makes roughly 15-20 million dollars a year depending on his contract while Jose who is currently mowing my lawn makes about $9.25 an hour which equates to, (If i give him overtime) about 30 grand a year. The athletes will enjoy their Porsches while Jose will ride around in his 2002 Honda Civic.

2) ..."Their native land is much closer to home."

That is true but the topic was how Hispanics are better than blacks. You're implication is that all the Hispanics are in America which then shows how "crappy" their native land really is. Why would all the Hispanics come to America if Mexico is so great? I'll tell you why it's because it isn't great! There is a huge amount of drug trafficking and crime rate in Mexico forcing them all to come into America and take all the low paying jobs. P.S the water is terrible there too.

3) "...Hispanics have the Pope"

That is true the Pope is Argentinian... HOWEVER! The blacks have, *drum roll* Barrack Obama! Indeed you may agree he isn't the best shovel in the sandbox but he is the president of the USA and last time i checked we have a separation of Church and State and double last time I checked the STATE makes all the rules therefore he is more powerful than the Pope who preaches for a society of little boy touchers.

4) Blacks did Hispanic work for free

Back in the 19th century slavery was very prominent in the United States. The slaves from Africa did labor intensive jobs which the Hispanics now do for money! They worked long and hard and that gained them freedom. It shows they had a good work ethic and contributed to the US economy. The blacks didn't have a choice, however, they did not suck up the white man's job and were fed clothed and were not deported for not having a green card.

5)... "Hispanics outnumber Blacks in the Senate"

Actually there are two Black senators to two and a half Hispanic Senators since one of them is half white therefore it would be cheating to call him Hispanic. In the House of Reps 34 are Black while only 33 are Hispanic making it fairly even although the black president trumps all of that.

6) ... "Millions and millions of Hispanics are immigrating to the country whereas blacks are not"

Illegally yes but that is not why we are here. Blacks already immigrated here which shows that they are way ahead of the times while the Hispanics are still trying to figure out how to start up the John Deer*.

7) Blacks have rap

You may not like it, I may not like it, but Blacks control the rap game and make millions and millions of dollars from it. When's the last time you heard MC Juan on the mic?

8) Black people food is better

I don't know about you but I would much rather have some KFC, watermelon, and a tall refreshing glass of Kool-Aid instead of sh*t my brains out after eating a beef cheesy bean hot sauce burrito.

9) ... "Barack Obama is black"

He is the leader of the entire USA. I'd rather be doing that than pruning his petunias. Also three of the top five FBI's most wanted are Hispanic.

*Unintentional Rhyme but amusing none the less.
http://www.popularsocialscience.com...
http://www.house.gov...
http://www.nationalcenter.org...
imabench

Pro

1) Athleticism

Blacks may dominate in football and basketball but Hispanics absolutely crush in Soccer, Baseball, and Boxing too sports that are much bigger then football and basketball in the world.... Hell the first triple crown winner in decades is Miguel Cabrera, which is the most hispanic sounding name ever!

http://latino.foxnews.com...
http://palantelatino.com...

2) Native land is closer to home

"There is a huge amount of drug trafficking and crime rate in Mexico forcing them all to come into America and take all the low paying jobs"

Right, because there TOTALLY isnt a ton of crime or drugs in Africa..... (sarcasm)

Both Mexico and Africa are in equally sh*tty state, but if hispanics and blacks do want to return to their countries of origin, its much easier and safer for hispanics to go through with it then african americans....

3) The pope vs the president of the US

"The blacks have, *drum roll* Barrack Obama! "

Obama is HALF black though. Hispanics have 100% of the Papacy while blacks only have 50% of the Presidency... Judging from how Obama acts as president though, 50% blackness is a little generous.... He acts like hes only 20% black instead of 50%.

Hell hes even starting to turn white: http://themavesite.com...

4) Hispanics almost control the South now

"The slaves from Africa did labor intensive jobs which the Hispanics now do for money! "

I dont know how we got on the issue of slavery but that still shows that its better to be hispanic then black since blacks were forced to do the hardest tasks or be killed, while hispanics did the hardest jobs generations later and get paid for it...

Intense labor as a slave < Intense labor for low wages, so being black < being hispanic

Also extend argument about hispanics almost controlling the Southern US

5) Senator power

"Actually there are two Black senators to two and a half Hispanic Senators since one of them is half "

So wait, Obama is 100% black when arguing about blacks in powerful positions, but then you get to play the 'oh hes only half hispanic' card whenever it suits your argument? What a very white thing to do....

Obama is half black and acts even whiter then that, the hispanics in Congress still outnumber blacks and unlike Obama, actually act like they are who they are (sassy hispanics)

6) Immigration

"Blacks already immigrated here which shows that they are way ahead of the times while the Hispanics are still trying to figure out how to start up the John Deer"

lol, yeah blacks 'immigrated' here..... Blacks were forced to come here via slave ships and did so against their will, hispanics on the other hand choose to come to the US and often can do so and stay in much better condition then blacks did on slave ships....

7) Way more blacks in jail then hispanics

Conceded by Con

8) Blacks were slaves

Conceded by Con

9) Obama is black

Con concedes that Obama is indeed black, but his blackness is still in dispute.

Blacks have rap and better food

Rap is crap, and you know its true since it rhymes.... Rap has landed more famous black people in Jail then cocaine so I think that rap is actually another reason why its better to be hispanic then black since rap sucks and leads to a lot of other problems for prominent rappers....

Also I think we can declare a tie between black food and hispanic food since even though blacks have KFC, Hispanics have Taco Bell....

SlaterJ23

Con

1) "Blacks may dominate in football and basketball but Hispanics absolutely crush in Soccer, Baseball, and Boxing too..."

Well this statement surely gave me quite the laugh. First let me start by saying Europe dominates Soccer. Now I know what you are thinking um Spain is in Europe. Yes, yes it is but as you stated earlier that "their Native land is closer to home" by that i assume you mean Mexico and parts of South America. Therefore your definition of "Hispanic" is not dominate in soccer. Also to list a few famous black soccer players, Ronaldinho, Pele, Kanu, Henry, wright Phillips etc. Next let me talk about boxing. This one actually made me LOL. Boxing has been dominated by blacks and will continue to be dominated by blacks. Example, Muhammad Ali. Considered by many not only as the greatest boxer ever but one of the greatest ATHLETES ever. Joe Frazier was also a black boxer who was an icon of his age. George Foreman? I mean come on the dude has his own grill company. Last but not least Floyd Mayweather Jr. Currently undefeated and reigning champion of the boxing organization! What did Manny Pacquaio do? Doesn't matter because he is from the Philippines. And then we get to baseball ah the sport of old fat out of shape dirty Latinos. Americas past time right? I mean we are quite the chubby nation. The topic here was athleticism and as a previous player of baseball, before I realized I like women, I know that it takes very minimal athletic talent to swing a club at a ball like a caveman. No wonder the players are so out of shape because running around ALL the bases at once can get quite tiresome(sarcasm).

2) "Both Mexico and Africa are in equally sh*tty state"

Well your stance is to prove Hispanics are keyword "better" and by saying both countries are shitty you negate your argument.

3) "Obama is HALF black though. Hispanics have 100% of the Papacy"

Actually upon further review of this so called Pope he is actually... Italian! Therefore you now have 0% papacy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

4) "The slaves from Africa did labor intensive jobs which the Hispanics now do for money! "

You failed to touch upon the fact I said it helped raise the nations economy and build work ethic. Pick and choose the words I see... cheeky cheeky bastard you are :)

5) "Obama is half black and acts even whiter then that"

How does this show Hispanics are better? Isn't the white race the supreme race so he is even better than a fully black man. Thank you for helping my cause!

6) "hispanics on the other hand choose to... do so and stay in much better condition then blacks did on slave ships...."

Crossing illegally underground through sewage and disease filled water isn't a paradise either.

7) "Way more blacks in jail then hispanics"

Obviously since there are more blacks than Hispanics and there are more whites in prison than both.

8) "but his blackness is still in dispute."

No, pretty sure he is of negro decent so.... yeah.

9) "Rap is crap, and you know its true since it rhymes"

So you think poetry is crap too? Also my argument does not include your opinion. Hell I hate Windows and Microsoft but that doesn't stop Bill Gates from making money does it? Also your argument rhymed at the beginning so by your definition your argument is indeed "crap".

10) "so I think that rap is actually another reason why its better to be hispanic then black since rap sucks and leads to a lot of other problems for prominent rappers"

See argument above about opinions

11)"Rap has landed more famous black people in Jail then cocaine"

I have no idea where you got that fact but list a source where it says that then paint me yellow and call me Kim Jung Un

12) "Also I think we can declare a tie between black food and hispanic food since even though blacks have KFC, Hispanics have Taco Bell..."

Again see number 2 of my rebuttal.

Sorry about lengthy point 1
imabench

Pro

1) Hispanics far outnumber blacks in soccer, boxing, baseball, etc

"Therefore your definition of "Hispanic" is not dominate in soccer."

The argument was that hispanics dominate soccer in comparison to blacks, which is what the debate is focusing on here.

"Boxing has been dominated by blacks and will continue to be dominated by blacks."

Thats a bit of a stretch considering the evidence implies otherwise:
http://ringtalk.com...
http://www.examiner.com...

"And then we get to baseball ah the sport of old fat out of shape dirty Latinos"

what are you auditioning for the KKK?

2) Distance to homeland

"Well your stance is to prove Hispanics are keyword "better" and by saying both countries are shitty you negate your argument"

Youre missing the point again, the point is that its easier for hispanics to visit the countries their ancestors came from while its not so easy for blacks....

3) Hispanics have the papacy

"this so called Pope he is actually... Italian! Therefore you now have 0% papacy."

First, he is the pope, that isnt disputable

Second, Italians and Hispanics are the same thing! They both speak wickedly fast, they both get sweaty easily, both have a sh*tload of grease in their hair, and both are great at Soccer. Theyre basically the same so hispanics do control the papacy

4) Blacks were slaves, Hispanics were not

"You failed to touch upon the fact I said it helped raise the nations economy and build work ethic"

You can help the economy and build work ethic by not being a slave dude.... Those arent mutually exclusive things, and the argument still stands that blacks were at one point slaves whereas hispanics never were.

5-8) Obama is black, so its better to be hispanic

"Isn't the white race the supreme race so he is even better than a fully black man. Thank you for helping my cause!"

Again, youre not auditioning for the KKK so relax. Obama is definitely not the best president ever, in fact many on here believe hes one of the worst. The point is though that hes only half black, acts even less black then he already is, and therefore isnt really as black as you claim he is.

6) Millions of hispanics are immigrating into the US and growing and basically taking over the Southern US whereas blacks are not

"Crossing illegally underground through sewage and disease filled water isn't a paradise either."

Again, missing the point. Ill just count that as another dropped argument

"Obviously since there are more blacks than Hispanics"

The link I gave before took population into account. Blacks go to jail twice as much as Hispanics do per 1000 people, which even when population isnt a factor shows that blacks go to prison way more then hispanics do.

9) - 12) Opinons over rap and how pointless and uninfluential rap really is.

=====================================================================

Bottom Line:

- Hispanics are just as dominant in sports as blacks even though they arent the same sports
- Blacks were once slaves while Hispanics werent
- Blacks go to jail WAAAAAAY more then hispanics do on average
- Its easier for Hispanics to go to the country of ancestral origin in Mexico/South America then it is for blacks to go to theirs in Africa
- Hispanics absolutely dominate the Southern United States and control much political discussion whereas blacks do not
- More Hispanics in the Senate then blacks
- Both have equally decent food.
SlaterJ23

Con

1) "The argument was that hispanics dominate soccer in comparison to blacks, which is what the debate is focusing on here."

They don't though. Not compared to whites, blacks, jews, queers, asians, or canadians

2) "Boxing has been dominated by blacks and will continue to be dominated by blacks."
I'll keep my argument

http://m.voices.yahoo.com...
http://www.independent.co.uk...
http://www.pbs.org...

3) "what are you auditioning for the KKK?"

I'm not sure what my extra curricular activities have to do with this but yes 4:15pm sharp on Wednesday following Tom Cruise's tryout.

4) "Youre missing the point again, the point is that its easier for hispanics to visit the countries their ancestors came from while its not so easy for blacks."

You didn't say that last time though you said both countries are shitty. That's all I commented on.

5) "First, he is the pope, that isnt disputable"

I never said he wasn't the pope.

6) "Second, Italians and Hispanics are the same thing! They both speak wickedly fast, they both get sweaty easily, both have a sh*tload of grease in their hair, and both are great at Soccer. Theyre basically the same so hispanics do control the papacy"

Well done troll well done however i have reasonable doubt for this wild accusation. Behold Exhibit A!!

http://tucsoncitizen.com...

7) "You can help the economy and build work ethic by not being a slave dude.... Those arent mutually exclusive things, and the argument still stands that blacks were at one point slaves whereas hispanics never were."

They might as well be slaves at this point i mean if you are dying to get into the country legally or illegally to get the lowest paying jobs how is that any better than not making any money but still being fed clothed and housed while helping the economy boom paving the way for freedom dor the black slaves.

8) "Obama is definitely not the best president ever, in fact many on here believe hes one of the worst. The point is though that hes only half black, acts even less black then he already is, and therefore isnt really as black as you claim he is."

Okay first of all like I've said before I don't give a rat's hat about your opinion. It says in your profile he approve of him so it doesn't matter. I am saying he is black and is the president therefore he is the highest ruling person in the nation. Yes a black man is not a Hispanic. And so what if he is half black he is still black none the less which doesn't prove why being Hispanic is better in this case.

9) "Again, missing the point. Ill just count that as another dropped argument"

Again, I was replying to what you said about how the slaves immigrated and I said how hispanics immigrate is no better. Regardless of who came when

My Bottom Line:

- Blacks are more dominate in sports overall as a whole.
- USA is run by a black man
- Blacks control the rap industry and make bank from it
- Blacks were here first
- Even distribution of blacks and Hispanics in congress
- More blacks population wise.
- Both have equally decent food. Hispanic food is not better
- Fun fact Morgan Freeman was God and he is black.
Thank you for a good debate and vote Con!!
Posted by LeoH 2 years ago
LeoH
The Pope Francis is an Argentinian descendant of Italians (like most of Argentina's population), Argentinians speak Spanish, therefore the Pope is Hispanic. Forget the tie, Hispanics win.
Posted by SlaterJ23 3 years ago
SlaterJ23
You do only have a few ties so i guess being in the top percentile is something to be happy about aha. A lot better than my first debate of 31-0 good lord
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Usually when I have really awesome debates, they end in ties.

You should be proud ;D
Posted by SlaterJ23 3 years ago
SlaterJ23
A tie?! A tie!!??? We don't settle for ties boys!!
Posted by Lucian09474 3 years ago
Lucian09474
Are we deadass gonna compare Blacks and Hispanics on Food and Sports? Why dont we focus more on Science and Engineering. There are many black and hispanics Astronauts for instance.

Obama clearly said "I am the president of America, not Black America" when he was asked about blacks in the Us
Posted by ardentllama 3 years ago
ardentllama
Jumping to conclusions. Sweeping generalization. Hasty generalization. Division. Composition. Biased generalizing. /Lie/. Suppressed evidence. False dilemma.

Jesus, I'm just trying to count the fallacies in this and I can't get past the first post. It's pitiful.
Posted by RocketEngineer 3 years ago
RocketEngineer
What a rascist debate.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Both
Posted by Legitdebater 3 years ago
Legitdebater
Will this debate be built on stereotypes? Will we use actual facts?
Posted by YYW 3 years ago
YYW
Even though I'm like the whitest guy I know.... so yeah.
Vote Placed by HeartOfGod 3 years ago
HeartOfGod
imabenchSlaterJ23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: imabench made me laugh more. I did think both sides did wel though!
Vote Placed by Guy_D 3 years ago
Guy_D
imabenchSlaterJ23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Hysterical! Haven't laughed out loud so hard in a long time. Nice job both of you! Edge to con because a couple comments he made literally had me on the floor.