mitchoman890
michaeltaffe3

Overpopulation, We Should Bring In A Two Child Policy In Australia

mitchoman890

Con

Yes, the country of Australia is getting a little crowded, but do we have to bring in a two child policy? There is plenty of room, and we have the resources to spread out. People don't live in the desert. Why not? If we used the desert, we could fit so many people, then everyone could have a backyard. If we sent people to live in the desert then there wouldn't be a problem. If immigrants were sent to the desert then they would be happy, they could be there and we would be fine as we are. This isn't as inhumane/racist as you think, because they would be used to the heat and ways of the desert. I think that this could be a winning solution.
michaeltaffe3

Pro

I actually agree with you but the mark of a good debater is being able to debate either side of a topic extemporaneously. so here goes...

The average family size for Australia is about 2.6 so most people would not be effected greatly, but the population size would be stable. The economy would be better because people could afford a better life for their family. with less kids, there is a smaller cost of living. Thus boosting Australia's economy and making it a nation to be contended with.

Also, your plan for expansion sounds scarily like Russia and Siberia. Forcing people to live in a desert is a bad thing.
mitchoman890

Con

mitchoman890 forfeited this round.
michaeltaffe3

Pro

michaeltaffe3 forfeited this round.
mitchoman890

Con

mitchoman890 forfeited this round.
michaeltaffe3

Pro

I had some intenet issues so I apologize for not responding. As I have nothing to rebutt and nothing to add I guess you did good. Vote for me!
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
Australia is virtually empty.

I read recently that the entire population of the world would fit in Texas with a population density less than that of Manhattan. Australia is 11 times the size of Texas.

If Australia had the same population density as the US, it would have 220 million people rather than 22 million. The US still has vast empty spaces.
Posted by snickers 3 years ago
snickers
since the overpopulation is not creating any problem such as scarcity of food ,according to me bringing the policy two children should not be opposed.
Posted by Zach1 3 years ago
Zach1
Poor topic choice for debate. How could you not win? Average children per family according to 2011 census is 1.9. 2-child limit would not accomplish anything except preventing those capable of supporting more children from doing so.
Posted by kawaii_crazy 3 years ago
kawaii_crazy
china is enough!
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 3 years ago
Chrysippus
mitchoman890michaeltaffe3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forced family size limits or forced relocation - to the Australian outback?! Thank goodness those are not our only options. Multiple forfeits and no clear winner on arguments; I'm calling this a tie.