The Instigator
The-DATA-plan
Pro (for)
Tied
4 Points
The Contender
blackfirewolf
Con (against)
Tied
4 Points

[P.S. Read argument before accepting] What would you do?

Do you like this debate?NoYes+2
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 2 votes the winner is...
It's a Tie!
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 10/19/2013 Category: Funny
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 735 times Debate No: 39170
Debate Rounds (5)
Comments (6)
Votes (2)

 

The-DATA-plan

Pro

Hi, I made one of these choose your own kind of game and I wanted it to have the most amount of options available. I thought it would be interesting to see what happened if I put this on a debate. Anyway, here's the situation:

You get up in a pitch black room with no memories and no idea how you got here. All you know it that you're cold and hungry...You can hear what sounds like a stormy wind outside, hopefully you can keep in outside. You noticed that you are dressed in a soft animal hide, but its not enough to keep you warm. What now?
blackfirewolf

Con

Alright I guess I would get up and look around, try to figure out where I am or how I got there. Is there anything in the room I can see, feel, smell, anything at all.
Debate Round No. 1
The-DATA-plan

Pro

Well, for one thing, you notice that the room is dark.
Its a small room too, so feeling around would be a few seconds,
Fumbling around, you realize that there's buttons on almost every wall...but only one button is bigger than the rest, what now?
blackfirewolf

Con

I try pressing the buttons, starting with the biggest one. What do they do?
Debate Round No. 2
The-DATA-plan

Pro

Unfortunetly, you only get as far as the red button...The room opens up the roof, and the floor tosses you into the snow storm outside...Now, being exposed to the cold, you need to keep yourself warm some how, other wise you'll definetly die in the cold.

Your stomach is rumbling...now what?
blackfirewolf

Con

Well I look around, try to find shelter or access where I am. It also would be good to look for food or if I'm close to anyone that can help. So what are my sorroundings? Am I in a forest? How bad is the snowstorm? What can I see or hear?
Debate Round No. 3
The-DATA-plan

Pro

The snow storms quite heavy, but you are able to see:
Behind you lays the room you came out of, it turns out to be a cubic space-ship looking craft
In front of you are what looks like a forest of derbies from a destroyed town
To your left, some mountains
To your right, a few days trek to the active village down there

Now what?
blackfirewolf

Con

Well obviously I need to head towards the village, since I have to assume that nobody is looking for me and I will die if I stay where I am. It wouldn't hurt to go down to the town though and see if there is shelter or food or people before I go on. So what happens next?
Debate Round No. 4
The-DATA-plan

Pro

By the time you reach the town, your senses are all numb. You can't feel your legs or arms, and your face has long been exposed to the harsh conditions. You notice that your feet and hands aren't in the right shade of color, they're somewhat black... Finally reaching the town has taken a high toll on you, a few days have passed since you've eaten, so your stomach has given up on growling for a long while. The moment you set foot in town, you collapse, causing quite an amount of people to try and help you. But the moment they touch you, there body warmth burns your iced over skin. Someone then finally has the heart to take you home and try to nurse you to health.

A few days later, you come to. Luckily, your fingers and feet have regained color, though sensation is still lost and your toes were cut off because they had rotted. You clothing has changed to something more suitable for sleep, and the five blankets that wrap you have taken you to paradise. Your foot has already recovered from the removal of your toes, so there are no bandages, and, as a plus, you can't feel your feet anyways. Your on a warm cozy bed, but its just a mattress on the ground. At least it's easy to roll out of bed...You seem to be in someone's bedroom, some actual beds were placed opposite to were you're sleeping, it's very plain, the walls are made of logs, so you're probably in some sort of log cabin. Theres one night stand beside the bed, and, being the only source of light, a fixture hangs from the celing, its not very bright. But it is enough. Out the small single window, you see its night time, opposite the window, there's a door. So what do you do?
blackfirewolf

Con

Get up and try to figure out if anyone else is here, or if I can't stand since I have no feeling in my feet, call out for someone. Other then that, I appear to be in well enough health.

I'm not positive where we go from here so... Thanks for the interesting debate anyways. I had fun!
Debate Round No. 5
6 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 1 through 6 records.
Posted by The-DATA-plan 3 years ago
The-DATA-plan
Wait. What do you mean by didn't know what it was about?
I just put this up as a sort of a pass time I guess. But I did make a game that required the player to chose their own path in the game. I wanted to have the most amount of options available for the player that's all.
And maybe if I pass my project, I might share the game with the internet.
Posted by blackfirewolf 3 years ago
blackfirewolf
good point. I just didn't know what this was about.
Posted by blackfirewolf 3 years ago
blackfirewolf
good point. I just didn't know what this was about.
Posted by The-DATA-plan 3 years ago
The-DATA-plan
Does it rally matter anyway? Do you have to join a debate just because it has a point?
Posted by The-DATA-plan 3 years ago
The-DATA-plan
Why whats the worst that can happen?
Posted by blackfirewolf 3 years ago
blackfirewolf
I would like to except this but I'm not sure. What would I do? What's the point?
2 votes have been placed for this debate. Showing 1 through 2 records.
Vote Placed by VISUALMoney6 3 years ago
VISUALMoney6
The-DATA-planblackfirewolfTied
Agreed with before the debate:-Vote Checkmark-0 points
Agreed with after the debate:Vote Checkmark--0 points
Who had better conduct:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Made more convincing arguments:Vote Checkmark--3 points
Used the most reliable sources:-Vote Checkmark-2 points
Total points awarded:34 
Reasons for voting decision: seeing how this debate is more of a game than an argument i tried to mike you two tie
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
The-DATA-planblackfirewolfTied
Agreed with before the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Agreed with after the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Who had better conduct:Vote Checkmark--1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Made more convincing arguments:--Vote Checkmark3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:10 
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a brand new fun game, which was nice and of good conduct.