Irrelevance
Hazey

PC Gaming is better than Console gaming.

Hazey
Started: 7/9/2014 Category: Games

Irrelevance

Pro

Having only conversed with the simple minded who believed that the previous gen consoles had better graphics than PC, I wanted to see a sophisticated argument for the topic. I believe that PCs always have been and always will be superior and will back it until a suitable reply is given. PC has many benefits, I.e. Modding, the ability to do nearly anything in the background, cheaper games, better controls and better exclusives.
Hazey

Con

That's the thing with the simple minded, consoles aren't as complex. The problem with PC's is finding the parts that can operate as well, if not better than consoles. Modding is great, but I don't want to feel the need to mod a game to really get the best experience. Modding can be pretty complicated and can mess the game up if you're not careful. Most of the games I've played required me to go fullscreen (although I can still pull steam up). Consoles can pull an extra screen for communication with friends and I don't see why you'd be doing that much else. I had a very rough time with controls, I got the F310 gamepad and had to install it unlike console remotes. Not all that many games support F310 and the controllers can feel inferior to the next-gen ones.
Irrelevance

Pro

Controls are a matter of opinion, but it is often free and not time consuming to get a controller up and running. Simply getting a driver from the internet and using the USB cable or Bluetooth dongle can get most console ones working. Most PC gamers will agree however, that the accuracy and pin point precision of a mouse is unrivalled by dual analogue sticks. Assuming arguments not responded to are in agreement, I move onto the topic of modding. Modding can be seen as a cheap way to sell a game with little content *cough cough* minecraft, but the point of modding is not to supplement an incomplete game. The point of modding, is to come up with new ideas to add replay value to a game. Take inFamous on the PS3. Once you have finished, you aren't going to double your time with end game messing about. You may play it again because of the karma system, but without doubling production costs they can't realistically get a 200 hour game. Just Cause 2 has an amazing modding community, and as such I have nearly doubled my time in the game, from mixing and matching and having different mods active. It adds a fresh feel and you can't complain to the dev for spending time making naked character models for a Pegi 3 game. Mods add new things to the game, not supplement an unfinished game like any call of duty release. Finally, it isn't hard to set up a computer with the parts to be able to boot in under 20 seconds and be on the homepage of steam big picture without touching anything other than the power button. The argument that consoles are simple is invalid, especially as they use so many bloody disks, this long after 2006. Also, when I say run in the background, I don't mean next to the game, although a secondary monitor is perfect for that. I mean custom pirated music, or personal messaging systems, or whatever you would do while gaming. Second monitors can have websites open which you would have to stop the game for on a console.
Hazey

Con

Really? I had to buy my remote and setup it up only to realize that it works on specific games. I've already said that modding can be complicated and buggy itself. Using disks isn't as complicated as the PC can be. The argument I'm hearing is: You didn't take my ____ golden path. PC gaming can be better if you have the money and the know how, but consoles are usually better for beginners or people who don't want to make such a change that can be pretty complicated.
Irrelevance

Pro

Due to your delay in posting an argument, I have been able to try the Logitech F310 for myself. It feels lighter, more rigid and comfortable in my hand that a console controller and there was no install required. Literally plug it in and play. This is either a lie or a personal bug, which can occur on consoles aswell. You made the mistake of commenting on the price. My steam library has nearly 130 games (excluding f2p) and I have spent around 400 quid. On a console, that many games would cost more than 10 times the price. (More in the XBone and Piece of Sh*t 4. Money is not an issue, unless you do not want to be gaming a lot. If that is the case, then spend 200 pounds on a better intel processor and slightly more ram, and you will be able to play on a regular desktop PC. I admit if you have tens of thousands of pounds and the best technical know how, you can get a beastly rig that will crush games bottlenecked by the PS20 and the xbox look we still aren't bust, but that is not necessary. A relatively cheap i5 processor is able to perform better than consoles with both twice the processing speed, twice the cores and intel integrated graphics which have gone a long way. I say GG and recommend you stand down, or make a feeble attempt to provide another valid argument. Please do your research and make it true so that it does not taint the votes.
Hazey

Con

Are you really going to say that F310 is better than the Dualshock4 or even the Xbox One's? If you're looking for light than Dualshock4 has that. http://us.playstation.com... http://gaming.logitech.com... http://www.xbox.com... . It's probably the way my setup is or something. Even more complications still if you have to set it up. There are used games however. The PS4 can still be very simple compared to setting up a nice, gaming, computer. Most mouses are clunky and usually require an annoying combo with the keyboard while regular controllers manage to fit it in a more compact space.
Posted by Hazey 2 years ago
Hazey
with IOS* that PC* That's*
Posted by Hazey 2 years ago
Hazey
I agree IOS to an extent. It is pretty objective especially based on your experiences. PC gaming can mean a poorer experience than Irrelevance's standards. Although I would agree than PC can surpass the consoles in functionality, that's not the topic which is the generalization "PC Gaming is better than Console gaming."
Posted by Irrelevance 2 years ago
Irrelevance
I praise GabeN, our Lord and Saviour. Curse you who worship a false idol.
Posted by iOS 2 years ago
iOS
Speaking of religion, wanna join my Abstenincercise cult?
Posted by Irrelevance 2 years ago
Irrelevance
No this is the game section of debate.org. You want the religion section.
Posted by iOS 2 years ago
iOS
Clash of Clans ftw.
Posted by Irrelevance 2 years ago
Irrelevance
The point of this debate is not solely to point out benefits. It is to discuss which is truly better overall for a gamer, not a f*cktard who could make the mistake you made. (iOS)
Posted by iOS 2 years ago
iOS
Wow, I already see this crap all over YouTube, and now I'm gonna see it here.
THIS IS SUBJECTIVE.
Why don't you go read the 10,000+ pages on this matter.
Tsk.
Posted by iOS 2 years ago
iOS
THIS IS SUBJECTIVE.
IT IS UP TO THE PERSON IF PC GAMING IS BETTER THAN CONSOLE AND VICE VERSA.
Tsk.
Posted by rockcityboy 2 years ago
rockcityboy
Yeah right both are great but pc wins
Vote Placed by rings48 2 years ago
rings48
IrrelevanceHazeyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Bad conduct by Pro. Read the last sentences of his argument, they are quite rude. Con wins because Pro fails to rebuttal how PC gaming is better for people who just want their gaming system to be simple. PC controls are more accurate but controls largely come down to personal opinion. Con points out modding can be complicated and without any previous knowledge they can cause problems. Just because you can buy more buy more games for the price doesn't mean they are better. Con had sources.
Vote Placed by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
IrrelevanceHazeyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro effectively provided BOP, Con provided sources.
Vote Placed by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
IrrelevanceHazeyTied
Reasons for voting decision: he actually tried the Logitech F310!