PC Gaming is better then Console Gaming.

Started: 4/25/2016 Category: Technology

PC Gaming is way better then any form of Console Gaming (Xbox, Playstation, Wii, etc...)

If you feel that Console Gaming is better then PC Gaming then please debate me.

Have fun. :D

Since the pro has to start, I will wait for his/her opening argument in round 2.

PC Gaming is far superior to Console Gaming and here are the reasons why:

1. Easily change the internals to make them better, for one example, the graphics card. By changing/upgrading a graphics card it greatly can increases the performance and experience of gaming. You can do this with all parts on PC's, (GPU, CPU, PSU, Memory, Storage) on the other hand, consoles do not let you change the parts and make you keep the terrible internal components that come standard in the consoles.

2. More freedom. While PC Gaming you don't have to be limited to playing normal game and chatting with a limited amount of friends in a party/chat. First of all, on PC you can mod games. Yes, yes you can mod games on console but it takes much longer, and you can't take it as far as you can on the PC. Secondly, you have much more freedom chatting with friends, either with voice or text. By this I mean on PC you are not limited to how many people you can talk too, by using programs such as teamspeak and discord. Lastly, You are not limited to be in the game... If you want you can always tab out of the game, turn on music, youtube videos, twitch streams, anything you want. You have the whole internet at your fingers meanwhile on consoles you don't.

3. More skill based. This is simple, gaming on the PC is way more skill based then on console for one simple reason. Mouse and keyboard gives you much more precision than using a controller. For one example, First Person Shooter Games, on PC you get to aim exactly where you want with the mouse rather than using the joysticks on the console controllers. (The perfect example is CoD, the biggest FPS game on console people don't aim for the head or upper chest, they aim for the general area of the body of the enemy, meanwhile, CSGO on PC you aim for the exact body parts, like the head, with precise accuracy, showing how good you are.) This is why eSports are played using computers and the keyboard/mouse combination.

4. Steam, the best gaming platform ever created. First of all, if you don't know what Steam is, it is a platform where you can buy/download games, play with friends, chat with friends, and do so much more that it is all a Gamer will ever want. With Steam, you can get games within minutes by just sitting in your chair, you don't have to go out to Gamestop and buy the game you just click two button, hit download and you're done! It is the quickest way to get games yet. Also, chatting and playing with friends is made 1000x easier with Steam. You can quickly join games, play with friends, chat with friends way quicker than you can with a console. Finally, you can download user created items for games, mods, and play with them! No way can you do this on console.

That is why PC is much better than Console!

Good luck to my opponent.

I would like to thank my opponent for their starting arguments. I will first rebut my opponent's arguments and then proceed to my argument.

Point #1
A PC makes it quite efficient for users to quickly switch parts and increase specs. However, whats the point of buying a machine, if it won't run the games you want to play? Most people have a set budget of less than a thousand dollars, and if you have a quick look around a video game shop, most parts that will run GTA5 in smooth, 60FPS will set you back 200 dollars for each individual piece of hardware. A console already has pre-decided specs, and the developers know what to aim for, when developing the game. A console will run any console games comfortably.

Point #2
Since my opponent has not specified which mods he or she is discussing, I will talk about the Singleplayer mods. Many mods on PCs create a nice, new experience with each one you download. But, these mods are mostly for Singleplayer gameplay. Most people purchase console games to play with other people. Nobody buys Call of Duty for the singleplayer, story mode. They all purchase to play with other people, therefore eliminating the need for mods in the first place, because mods are implemented to try and spice up the boring Singleplayer world. Why would console need mods for Singleplayer when nobody plays the games for them? Also, I will talk about the YouTube videos and Twitch streams in a later argument down below.

Point #3
Yes, many people agree that CS:GO requires a higher level of knowledge and skill than CoD does. But, has one thought of this? Many people play video games to sit down and have some time after school or work to cool off and have the rest of their day to themselves. Not many have the time or dedication to learn the intricate maps of CS:GO, with its smoke timings, pop-flashes and the recoil patterns of all the different weapons. Games by definition on are "an amusement or pastime", and consoles fit the description perfectly.

Point #4
Steam is a great platform to play a multitude of different video games. They have great sales and it does have a chatting service. However, I believe that just because there is a great platform to play video games on the computer does not mean that PCs outperform consoles. Consoles themselves have chatting services and interactions with friends. For example, take the Xbox. The Xbox has a service called 'Xbox live', which enables to do everything that steam can do on the console. As my opponent mentioned, on Steam, you can interact with friends and chat with them. Not only can you do the same thing on Xbox live, but there are streaming services such as ESPN and Netflix(You have to pay for the Netflix account seperately) that you can use. You can also watch Twitch and YouTube through their apps.

Now for my argument: When people think of the differences between consoles and PCs and the pros and cons of each machine, they often talk about the specs, the graphics, the number of games. However, there is one crucial part that people are missing out on; it is the fact that video games are for people to enjoy. PCs are almost always only for one person to play, hence creating a 'One person One machine' rule. However, consoles are different.

Consoles are much more oriented towards group enjoyment and fun. When you want to play the same game with a mate or two, on PCs each person must own a computer for everyone to have fun. However, on consoles such as the PS3, certain games allow you to play with up to SEVEN other players, hence making it easier for people to play together, only requiring an extra controller for another person to join in.

Not only this, but many computer games nowadays require you to have a good, high end PC to run the program smoothly. If you do not, you must either get a new computer or buy new parts. Each method may cost well up to a thousand dollars, which puts a strain on most wallets. However, once you buy a console, you never need to get new parts for it, simply because video game developers know which specifications they need to meet for their games, because they know everyone owns the same machine. The only money you ever need once you buy a console is for new games, and once in a while, a new version of the console.

Good luck to my opponent. I had to rewrite this because it got deleted once :(

Sweg123 forfeited this round.

I stand by my argument.

Good luck to my opponent.

Firstly, I would like to state i'm sorry for not responding last round, I was in a coma.
I am going to be saying my rebuttals to your rebuttals because your points were lies and just plain wrong.

Rebuttal to Point #1:
You have taken my point out of context saying that "A PC makes it quite efficient for users to quickly switch parts and increase specs. However, whats the point of buying a machine, if it won't run the games you want to play?". Obviously, when I made the point that a PC is easy to switch parts and increase specs, you only do that when you have to. You can buy or build a PC for 800 dollars that would last years, without having to change specs, if you don't want to, and would be able to run any game including GTA V at above 60 fps. Also, you say "A console already has pre-decided specs, and the developers know what to aim for, when developing the game. A console will run any console games comfortably.". What does this even mean? Do you realise that game developers don't base their game off of the specs that can play it. Unless they are making the game for console which they need to limit the graphics to the little load that it could handle.

Rebuttal to Point #2:
Your point is very, very wrong. Honestly, after reading your debate for the first time I felt less motivated to respond because of the lack of intelligence and all the lies that you put into your debate. Now back to the topic at hand, you say " Nobody buys Call of Duty for the singleplayer, story mode" which is very wrong and just because YOU don't like single player games does not mean nobody does. Their are tons of games like Skyrim, Dark Souls 3, Hitman that people love to play and are only single player.In the game of Skyrim, a lot of people have 500+ hours on and Skyrim is one of the most heavily modded games on PC!

Rebuttal to Point #3:
Again, this rebuttal that you made is based off of yourself. You say "Not many have the time or dedication to learn the intricate maps of CS:GO, with its smoke timings, pop-flashes and the recoil patterns of all the different weapons. Games by definition on are "an amusement or pastime", and consoles fit the description perfectly." Are you serious? Their is a reason that their is an average active player ship of 370,000+ players in CSGO. Unlike you, a lot people enjoy a challenge. That definition you said can clearly be opinionized due to some people not having an amusing time or just not having games as a pastime.

Rebuttal to Point #4:
Yes, Xbox Live does offer some of the same services as Steam, for example chatting via voice/message but it does not do everything that Steam does! For example, one of the biggest thing on Steam, the workshop. The workshop on Steam offers many things like mods, mini-games, and much more. No consoles have anything like this and still do not compare to Steam. Also, you may have ESPN, Netflix, and other apps but it is much different than PC. With a PC, even while playing games, you have the internet within 2 clicks of the keyboard allowing you to listen to to music, youtube videos, twitch streams in the background. Also, you can have dual monitors with a PC allowing you to even watch the videos or streams that your watching while your playing the game, if you want!

Now, the rebuttal to your point:
Firstly, one of your main points is that on console you are able to play casually with mates on the same console and you can't comfortablly do this on a PC. Whelp, you're wrong again. A PC can do whatever you can do on a console and more! You say all you have to do is plug controllers into the console and you're playing with friends quickly... With PC you can do this same exact thing! ( their goes your whole point) You can you whatever controller you want, Steam Controller, Xbox Controller, Playstation Controller, and you just play it the same as console, except you have all the other perks that comes with the PC. Lastly, you say that you more expensive parts and replace them often in a PC to play it smoothly. This is completely wrong as you have to replace the parts every ~5 years to stay with the beautiful graphics that the PC can display. Unlike the console you stay with the same graphics with 10 years, ( thanks for reminding me of that point (: ) and when you buy your parts for your computer they aren't as expensive as you make them seem. If people wanted to get the same graphics on PC as console, it would even cost less money then buying a console (due to the price margin that console manufactures have).

Thanks for the debate, was fun.

I'm sorry to hear that, good luck and I hope you get better soon. Thank you to my opponent for responding.

Rebuttal to Point #1:
In a debate, one must always make themselves clear, as to what they are trying to say. Nothing is "obvious". My opponent mentioned this in their argument, and I would like to apologise for not responding correctly, but I would just like to remind them. What I meant by, "A console already has pre-decided specs, and the developers know what to aim for, when developing the game. A console will run any console games comfortably." is that PC video game developers have large audiences with a large variety of different specs, and unless they make the video games a low-end game (specs wise), they will always leave out a portion of the community. The people left out either cannot play, or have to upgrade or buy a new PC. However, console game developers have a specific set of criterion (specs) for them to aim for, and everyone that has the console can play the game, without any special upgrades.

Rebuttal to Point #2
There are no facts to this point. My opponent simply wrote down his or her opinion, and did not say how my point did not meet the topic of "PC Gaming is better then Console Gaming". Therefore I will not respond, as my opponent simply tried to offend me in a very unprofessional manner.

Rebuttal to Point #3
Another unprofessional and immature attempt to argue about me, rather than the topic at hand. I understand that there are 370,000 active players, but does that matter to the argument? I tried to state that CS:GO is a complicated game, and a very fun, interesting and intricate game, but it takes a lot more time and dedication to be good at, compared to CoD. CoD is much more relaxed and simple, and this is why it would appeal to a larger majority of the gaming community, because of the lower skill ceiling. PC games in general, as my opponent mentioned, usually takes much more precision and skill to master, and not everyone wants that. The console fills in that gap for being much more casual and less hardcore.

Rebuttal to Point #4
Not everyone needs the streams, the music, the YouTube videos because most of them have friends or family around to interact and play with. A PC, as I mentioned, if playing multiplayer, requires more than one machine, discouraging side-by-side gameplay, as desktops are not portable. A controller is, though.

Rebutting your point that rebutted my point. :)
You can't plug in a mouse and keyboard into a desktop and have multiplayer. Yes, I understand that you can plug in the Xbox controllers into a PC, but that negates your whole argument about the "precision and skill" the PC has over the console. Also, the average computer part (computer hardware) lasts about a year until a new, better part comes along and outdates the previous one. And, I understand a PC has beautiful graphics, but I keep saying this over and over, not everyone wants/needs those specs. I would like to respectfully ask my opponent to not generalise as much in future debates.

Good luck with your health. Enjoyed the debate.
Posted by ballpit 5 months ago
Forgotten in rfd but con also never puts forth his own arguments and only throws at rebuttals sorry for that one.
Posted by whiteflame 5 months ago
>Reported vote: K-Lew// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Pro (Conduct, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: The con side was mostly opinionated and the pro side used it to their advantage. The pro side made up for his forfeit in the third round by providing key arguments and did well with his rebuttal. The pro side did not have a health issue; he just felt that the con side was too stupid to respond to, which is understandable.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain conduct, and appears to be a bit insulting to Con as well. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter has to assess specific points made by both sides, and fails to do so for both Pro and Con.
Posted by WubblesTM 5 months ago
I would like to ask how my arguments were stupid, to users K-Lew and Sweg123. I may have used a little bit of personal opinion, but thats what a debate is about, you arguing what you believe in. Please write mature responses. I have already flagged K-Lew's vote against me as insulting to other members.
Posted by Vict0rian 6 months ago
It is better objectively... but it depends on preference.
Posted by K-Lew 6 months ago
Holy Crap.... Adam is debating someone....
Vote Placed by ballpit 5 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: I am a PC gamer so i obviously see it as better than Console gaming. However putting that bias aside one has to look at the arguments put forth by both parties. Both sides arguments make sense but the debate is really won in the rebuttals. Con's rebuttals are based on an opinion that he clearly holds while pro gives specific examples of what proves cons point that nobody plays games for single player so mods are unnecessary by giving some examples of games that are single player such as skyrim. Conduct to con because of pro's comments about his "lack of intelligence" (referring to round 4 point 2).
Vote Placed by K-Lew 5 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: I have voted for pro because con's side was mostly opinionated, as the pro side pointed out. An example would be a subjective quote from con saying, "Nobody calls Call Of Duty for the single player, story mode." Pro was not using his personal beliefs at all, throughout his whole side of the debate. He gave good insight about certain parts of PC Gaming. For example, because of pro, I now know what Steam is and how it really works.