Lacrima
TheAmazingLiberal

PC for gaming are better than a console

Started: 2/6/2014 Category: Games

Lacrima

Pro

Hello, I wish to explain a bit of info before starting to anyone looking to debate, or simply viewing this debate. The purpose of this debate is to argue wether a pc computer that is geared towards playing video games, is better that a console, or not. I choose this debate, partly because I thought that it had the potential to be a fun debate, plus I don't use consoles that often so I may learn something.
IMPORTANT INFO: The first thing I want to clear up, is I am arguing for computers built only or primarily towards being used to play video games. Also the computer includes both the actual cpu and the peripherals like the monitor mouse, etc. If my opponent would like to argue for only one type of console, then they may but they must specify that in their first post. Ex. Xbox, Play station, Wii. When I refer to console I do not include hand held consoles like a DS.
Structure of the debate: The first round is acceptance, and in my case providing info, if you have something you want to clarify, Ex. your arguing for one type of console, please state so at this time, but do not start the debate. The second round is providing your opening speech, the opening speech is where you present your points on why your side of the case is better, but IS NOT for countering your opponents speech directly if you have the second speech. The 3-4 speech are about protecting points and attacking your opponents. The final round is a summary of why you believe your side has won, and at this time no new evidence may be brought up and no new attacks may be made.
If you use any statistics, I ask you provide a link in your argument so that people can validate what your saying and as a basic way to site your source. You may use personal opinions without citing.
If you have any questions, ask in the comments before starting so I can sort that out, and that way we are both fully prepared when the debate starts.
Though this debate will be taken semi-seriously, it should not be taken personally, and thus no personal attacks, or bullying. Respect your opponent, and attack their case not them.
Finally, if you do not submit your case in the allotted time, you do not instantly loose, but your opponent may still use their time to debate, and this will negatively affect your judging score.
TheAmazingLiberal

Con

I believe,that saying that either form of gaming is superior than the other,is idiotic,it's all about preference. PC gaming isn't superior to Console Gaming,it's simply a different form of playing Video Games,engaging in the experience that is Gaming,supporting the art form,and I think having some elitism,over gaming,is moronic,and something that shouldn't even be debated. Let me play Devils Advocate,for a brief moment of time,lets say i am in favor of the "PC Master Race" What exactly is so great about being part of a master race,for gaming,it's stupidity at it's finest,and to think people hold elitism over gaming,is idiotic.
Lacrima

Pro

Alright then, I wish to clarify some things before continuing, I agree with you when you say there is no master race gaming device, and that this is based on your opinion, but that is the point, if there was a master device, then this debate would not be as easy to execute. Both types of devices are good for different reasons, and the point of this debate is not to point out a winner, rather it is to convince those who are judging that your reasons for liking your device is better than your opponents. And they would judge on who debated better not what they like more for thats not the point of these debates.

I would now like to continue by asking you a question. What you had posted was an opinion, and I agree with the fact that trying to argue to find the "master console" is not something that should be done. However I posted this debate with the intention of debating with someone else comparing the consoles and learning new things, and to have a good time. You choose rather to accept my debate, to post about how you disliked the debate topic, and though I don't agree with you on that that's not the point. I wish to ask why you chose to post it in the debate area rather than the comments making it so that if a person did want to debate this topic they would be unable to. What is it that made you feel like this opinion was what I was asking to debate and why should it go into the debate rather than comments.

If you still want to debate the real topic and not how much you dislike the topic, I am happy to do that, if so all you need to do is have your next argument tell me that you do and if you feel like telling me that you would only like to argue one console feel free to do so. Remember there is not and will never be a master race console and even if there was one some would still prefer another kind more, the point of the debate is to argue your personal opinion, and then be judged by the impact of your points and refutes and your ability to debate.

Also if this debate does continue and you are voting, if you do have an opinion, as I ask to not judge by what you think but rather by who you think executed the argument, you could like a PC more but still think that the person arguing for consoles, had a better argument and in that case vote for him.

I will let you continue to debate the actual topic if you wish, if not at least answer why you thought it necessary to post in the actual debate instead of the comments. Thank you.
TheAmazingLiberal

Con

TheAmazingLiberal forfeited this round.
Lacrima

Pro

My opponent has forfeited this round, and looking at his profile, he has not been on lately. I am assuming that he will not continue to debate. If anybody wishes to debate me on this same topic, feel free to post that you do in the comments and I will start this debate with the first one who asks. As for voting, I urge you not to vote, for this has not been a real debate, with my opponent straying from topic and not completing his rounds.
My apologies
TheAmazingLiberal

Con

TheAmazingLiberal forfeited this round.
Lacrima

Pro

For my opponent forfeited I shall once again simply pass on this round.
TheAmazingLiberal

Con

TheAmazingLiberal forfeited this round.
Lacrima

Pro

Unfortunately my opponent has chosen not to debate on the previous round, thus we are brought into the final round. Because my opponent has failed to debate the given topic I shall give some info to the readers rather than debate the topic. The first thing I wish to say is to once again tell the reader that if anyone wishes to debate this topic and take the side of console NOT the side of I don't think either should be put above the others, then feel free to say so in the comments and I can start a new debate with you. The second thing I would like to cover is voting, the best option would be to not vote for this debate was not carried out like it was planned. If however you do feel the urge to vote, I ask you to consider a few things. First this debate was created to argue if Pc or Console gaming was "better." There is no set meaning for better, but the one used for this debate it better in the debaters opinion. The voters would have then voted on who they think used more valid facts and had better arguments, not agree with the debater who's opinion matched their own. My opponent chose to disregard what the debate was asking, and post their opinion on how they do not think there should be a "better" gaming device. There is nothing wrong with his opinion and it could have made a great debate if I was asking that we debate wether or not we think there should be a better gaming device, but this is not what I asked to debate, thus my opponent closed the debate to any contenders who actually wanted to debate the topic. My second point is that after my opponents original speech he has forfeited ever following round, thus not showing his respect to the debate. My final point is that by saying "What exactly is so great about being part of a master race,for gaming,it's stupidity at it's finest,and to think people hold elitism over gaming,is idiotic." he has insulted many people who hold the opinion of liking one console more than another, and I wish if this is what he wanted to say he should at least have chosen his words a bit more carefully. If my opponent does decided to post this final argument I wish that you answer my questions in my second argument and do not use a cheap tactic like wait until this round to post your argument so that I have no chance to refute any of your points. With this said I apologize to the viewers for the outcome of this debate, and I hope you understand why if you feel that you need to vote I hope you vote for me, Thank you.
TheAmazingLiberal

Con

TheAmazingLiberal forfeited this round.
Posted by phLOx 3 years ago
phLOx
I believe in a world where both can co-exist. I dream of a world where you can enjoy a game with your friends, regardless of platform. Where mouse and motion sensor, keyboard and controller, monitor and television set live in peace as extensions of each other. Amen.
Posted by SUDDENXD3ATH 3 years ago
SUDDENXD3ATH
I play both on an Xbox and my PC. I can't say that I prefer one over the other. I use my Xbox for heavily reflex based First-Person-Shooters, like Call of Duty. I do however, having an older ELITE Xbox,, have trouble running the bigger games in the Real-Time-Strategy genre. Either way of gaming are two sides of the same coin. An Xbox has certain advantages, such as getting a preference from some game designers, however PC's have the advantage in their ability to process much more at a time. They are both used for different game types and for different reasons.
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
You can play most Console games on PC, an with a controller... You can play millions of online games, and even have emulators for old games.
Posted by duck_swag1 3 years ago
duck_swag1
i say that pc gaming is better.