Firelife
jlarris1

PC gaming Is better then Console Gaming

Started: 8/5/2014 Category: Games

Firelife

Pro

First round is acceptance and a basic outline of your main points.

Hello I will be arguing on the side of PC gaming and mainly arguing over things such as

Steam vs Console services
Price
Exclusives
Reliability
jlarris1

Con

Well I strongly disagree with that. Reason being is that, in my opinion, the xbox 360 is much better than PC gaming.

Here are my reasons. Especially for WoW, you have to keep paying monthly. On the xbox, you can either choose the method of paying monthly of $9.99, 3 months to $24.99, and to a year $59.99. While with a computer, you have to keep paying for online services. Plus the prices of gaming computers and gaming laptops specifically are way more expensive than an xbox or Playstation 3 or 4. Computers roughly start about $750 to $2000. While an xbox 360 can be roughly about 150 to 200. Even the xbox one is more cheaper than a computer and they are roughly to $400 to $500.

Plus exclusive content on xbox 360 has made changes and now twice a month, they are handing out free games to people who have a gold membership. And plus people who don't have a membership are allowed to go on youtube, facebook, and other stuff but that has nothing to do for my argument because it's basically contradicting my argument a bit. I may be considered ignorant when it comes to PC gaming so excuse my ignorance.

I think that's all I have for my side of the argument.
Firelife

Pro

Ok so time to adress your points and add a few of my own.

-For your online services argument you just need an internet connection to play online. XBOX charges you for this and you need to pay to get those 'free' games via xbox gold. WOW is irrelevent because comparing WOW to XBOX live doesn't make sense. (SIDE note most MMOS are free to play or don't use subscriptions anymore.

-Not sure which online services you have to pay for.... As to free games steam has free weekends pc in general has more F2P's and AMD raptr gaming client allows you to get free games just by playing other games.

-I made a good gaming pc for $500 dollars which is actually cheaper then an xbox in the long run. You need to keep paying money to stay online and that stacks. You also need to wait 7 years for a console upgrade where on pc's you can just buy new parts to upgrade. PC's in the long run are cheaper then consoles.

New arguments

Steam the world greatest gaming client has sales every day making games much cheaper on pc. The amount of indie dev support and community also means pc has a much greater amount of games then xbox combined.

Also in terms of control a mouse and keyboard are generally more accurate then a controller however pcs can use every single controller on consoles. Consoles cant use pc controllers.

Pc also has greater support and developers on its side. It also has mods which you can install on games which add new content (For example skyrim mods not avaiable on consoles but available on pc) RTS's from what I have seen arn't really released on consoles (Not 100%) sure of this) not to mention that PC's are more customisable in every way.
jlarris1

Con

jlarris1 forfeited this round.
Firelife

Pro

I uphold my previous arguments
jlarris1

Con

jlarris1 forfeited this round.
Firelife

Pro

Firelife forfeited this round.
jlarris1

Con

jlarris1 forfeited this round.