TheDoctorsIn
Excitedsausage

PC gaming is superior to console gaming

Started: 8/7/2014 Category: Games

TheDoctorsIn

Pro

First round is acceptance, you will show your side of the argument.
Excitedsausage

Con

If you Consider that next generation consoles are still struggling to run games at full 1080p HD then you might start to question if the next generation is really here. Let's be honest, both next generation consoles both display beautiful games and have much more powerful hardware compared to the predecessors. But does that really matter? When you take in to account that hardware doesn't matter nearly as much as it used to and take into full perspective of the specs of these next gen consoles, you really start to grasp just ho underwhelming the video quality of these "next gen" experiences really are. Now I'm not a person who usually compares PC gaming to that of Console as I myself love gaming on both platforms but the reason i put "next gen" in quotation marks is simply because, well, this isn't next gen if they cant even reach 1080p without cutting corners. Even Sony has admitted that Kill zone: Shadow-fall cut corners to reach 1080p. Again, I'm not someone who complains about graphical fidelity and resolutions all to much but I at least want Consoles to keep close to PC gaming at least. Now while Console is stuck with these issues, the PC gaming mega market (I say mega because the PC market has passed that of consoles min terms of revenue) us PC gamers are shooting ahead with 4K capable GPU's and are rocking the worlds first 5Ghz processor (http://www.dabs.com...). When you compare the market size and that of the access to PC changeable hardware and the fact that you can customize your pc in anyway you see fit then one might be hard pressed to find an alternative to PC gaming once they first get there. I myself used to be a full time Console gamer, and I'm not going to lie but the only reason I considered changing to PC was the ridiculous rise in AAA console games. But now I'm here i have no incentive to go back apart from a few exclusives (Halo: the master chief collection) which might even come out on PC later if dead rising 3 is anything to follow. There are plenty other reasons I could give as a way to switch or stay on PC gaming but I'm certainly interested to see what anyone else has to say.
TheDoctorsIn

Pro

As I am am questioning whether the con's argument is pro or, indeed con PC gaming being superior to console gaming, I can only outline my key points of why PC gaming is superior in almost every aspect:

Steam
Cost
Indie games
Early access
Multi-tasking
Power
Game quality
Durability
Games available
Mods for the games
Fanbases
MMOs
Lack of DRM through pirating
Teamspeak
Older audience
Not controlled entirely by a single party

In the next round I would ask the con to either forfeit his debate, or to reply with a con PC gaming argument.
Excitedsausage

Con

Excitedsausage forfeited this round.
TheDoctorsIn

Pro

TheDoctorsIn forfeited this round.
Excitedsausage

Con

Excitedsausage forfeited this round.
Posted by SocialistAtheistNutjob 2 years ago
SocialistAtheistNutjob
Excitedsausage, you have the con side of the debate. That means you are supposed to be defending consoles. I know you joined 30 minutes ago, but is it really too much to ask you to figure out how the debates work before contending one?