PC gaming(pro) vs Console Gaming(con)

Started: 5/13/2014 Category: Games

BRING THE HEAT! I have a feeling this is going to spark some flames, so I was kind of skeptical about doing it - but here we go! PC vs Console. Rounds will go as follows:

Round 1: Acceptance

Round 2: Present Arguments (no rebuttals please. Just arguments)

Round 3: Rebuttals

Round 4: More Rebuttals

the difference is that they have
1: different controls
2: your in front of a TV
3. more HD when your in front of it is 1080p

**So I will present my arguments this round. My opponent will present his arguments in this round (after me)**

Here we go:

There are more Games for PC and Include More Variety

So first off, I would like to point out that there is a huge selection of games for PC, much more than there is on console. Console games are generally geared toward hardcore players, whereas on the PC, while there are many games for hardcore players, there exist many games for casual players as well.

Indie Developers

If you are an indie developer – you’re game is going to be released on PC. It’s just that simple. Most times hit indie games are imported onto console, as can be seen with games such as Minecraft and Terraria. But for both these games, the PC version is a lot better because it’s the version that has the most amount of content.

On PC games – there is a LOT more modding. Truly the community for modding is amazing. In popular games like Skyrim and Minecraft – there are TONS of mods that can be used to enhance the game. This is not to say that it isn’t possible to mod on consoles… But it’s definitely a lot more popular and better done on a PC

My opponent may want to claim that the price of a Gaming PC is a lot more than that of a console. Well I have 2 main arguments for that. First, while a Gaming PC would start at a high price it would last though a gaming generation or 2 with minimum upgrades while to upgrade though console you buy the next one. Eventually they phase out a system while PC's don't. Second, simply buying the PC is enough for a PC to run. In order for a console to run you would also need a T.V. The average T.V. price is $435[1]. Add that along with the price of a console… and a console won’t seem that cheap either.

More Precision and Movement

Using the mouse, a player will have much more precision and movement when playing.

**Since my opponent is a new debater – I want to go a little easy on him, So I will conclude my arguments here**

Fusion_assaults forfeited this round.

I'm sad to see that my opponent forfeited. I extend my arguments

Fusion_assaults forfeited this round.

Sadly, my opponent has given up again. VOTE PRO!!

Fusion_assaults forfeited this round.
Posted by Yattux 1 year ago
Yeah, the PC controls are much more precise and responsive, plus the PC version generally has more content (Compare minecraft PC to Xsux and Pocket Edition. PC has more compared to the other two.)
Also, on PC you can multitask a lot easier (Running Terraria while also checking the wiki for it).

KingDebater369, you did well.
Posted by Mrunknown 2 years ago
lol his opponent didn't even try anyway pc is way better than console
Posted by KingDebater369 2 years ago
Oh and also - I have 3 days to post my arguments. So it's not like i'm going to post them within the next hour or anything. I'm just saying.
Posted by KingDebater369 2 years ago
Don't worry. Just forget about everything you have written in Round 1: I will go into some detail:

So basically I'm going to post the reasons on why I feel that PC Gaming is better than Console gaming in the second round. Then You will post why you think Console is better than PC.

Then In the 3rd round we rebut to each other's case. That means that you state the points I use, and tell [the audience] why it's wrong. So we will have 2 rounds of rebuttals. I hope this is clear. Any more clarification?
Posted by Fusion_assaults 2 years ago
Posted by KingDebater369 2 years ago
Welcome to Fushion_assaults! Since your new to this site, just so you know, when I say the first round is acceptance - that means you write "I accept" For your first round's arguments. Then during the second round the debate will actually start. I hope we have a good debate!
Posted by Fusion_assaults 2 years ago
ive never used this website before im new to it can someone teach me please?
Posted by KingDebater369 2 years ago
Ha Ha - yeah ikr. It's going to be pretty awesome. I'm just waiting someone to accept the challenge... Or maybe no one is up to the challenge.
Posted by iOS 2 years ago
This debate tho.
Posted by Teemo 2 years ago
wait nvm lol
Vote Placed by baus 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct due to forfeits, S&G because Con forgot to capitalize, arguments because Pro gave more convincing ones overall and sources because Pro was the only one who had any.