Hybrid_Chaos
Pod

PC is better than Console

Pod has forfeited round #3.
Started: 10/17/2016 Category: Games
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Hybrid_Chaos

Pro

First round is acceptance. Three day response time, please do not accept if you do not plan on responding within the allotted time.
Best of luck to anyone who accepts.
With the broad topic, I am referring to: cost/performance/graphical power. Not a single particular section but rather the general overall power, ability to have components changed and capability of the machine.
-Chaos
Note: before I start my side of the debate: You are welcome to represent any console from any time period, or just consoles in general, which ever you would prefer. Best of luck to you!
Pod

Con

I will accept this challenge. In my opinion playing a game on a console is way better than playing on a pc because the controller is way easy to use then the wsad keys and your console is harder to get a virus if you use the internet on it but yes i agree with you on pc because some games are only allowed on the pc and half of the games i like are on steam and online.Thank you and i will type another opinion when you type another one.
Hybrid_Chaos

Pro

-Note: We will disregard wifi/connection issues that would cause PC or console to under preform
-PC/laptops have been around for a long time, not to say consoles have not, but there has been a vast improvement in the capability of these machines. In the early days, computers would take up an entire room and would be able to do basic tasks. Since the first computer in 1946, they have become more personal and much more powerful. By the time 1981 rolled around, these machines that would take up an entire room, was now capable of being brought around with you on your travels. Computers now are have a vast capability of storing countless amounts of information, running games that would impress anyone, availability to create mods for games or just create your own game.
-Cost, this can be pushed either way, you can choose to spend $400-$600 on a console which is a rather set sticker price. On PC/laptops you have the ability to spend $300 to the upwards of $10,000. Obviously the more you spend the better performance you will receive. Because of this price range there is a lot of flexibility in parts, size and capability of the machine you are looking into making. In all fairness, you never expect to spend the amount that you want on a pc, it normally go over, while on console it's a set price and not changing.
-Performance, for console it's normally going to be a 'what you see is what you get' kind of situation. For PC, you have a vast majority of choices that will enhance your performance, and you also have the possibility to change the graphics card. On console you do not have as easy of a upgrading parts. You can build a PC from scratch while the console just comes at a sticker price and what the performance is would be rather standard and unavailable to change.
-Graphical Process Power, along the same lines as performance, what you see is what you get for console. PC has a wide variety of choices to choose from and possess the capabilities for upgrades.

If there are any other topics you wish to touch on, please feel free too, I shall respond next round
Best of luck!
-Chaos
Pod

Con

Sometimes the matter of getting a higher priced computer or a higher performance processor is the best thing if your a big gamer but for me when I play a game I like if the story or if the video is great like call of duty black ops for the wii the game was never ever ment to be played on there at all but like black ops 3 on the ps4 or xbox one they have a great image and story and it's way easier to use a controler than the wsad keys.
Hybrid_Chaos

Pro

The story is important but that's not what this debate is about. It's PC vs Console, not story mode. If you can reply with why console is better, it would be much appreciated. There isn't much for me to counter with since there is nothing you really countered/added to your side of the debate. Story mode is not the topic so I'll just hand off this round to you and I hope that you will support your side of the debate (why console is better than PC).