Cinnamon
StalinIncarnate

PC is better than console

StalinIncarnate
Started: 3/7/2015 Category: Games

Cinnamon

Pro

PC is better than any console. It has more and better exclusives, runs better, has better graphics, is more customizable , wont run out every year, and can be used for way more things.

Try to counter these arguments or bring up new arguments to start the debate.
Happy Debating!!!
StalinIncarnate

Con

Interesting topic. Well, I suppose I will begin by attempting to refute your claims. For analysis, I will compare your standard PC to the Xbox One and PS4.
"It has more and better exclusives"

That is completely arbitrary actually, It can vary drastically depending on the game, the game manufacturer, the time of year.

"Runs Better"

Well, the Processing power(CPU) of your standard Xbox One is 1.75Ghz, while the PS4 runs slightly slower at 1.6. Your standard PC runs from about 1.5 to 2.5. However, this is only due to Moores law, which dictates that CPU increases exponentially through the first 10 years of activity. Also remember, PC's are designed to do so many things, such as utilizing global information servers(The internet) or just looking up where the nearest starbucks is. Consoles are designed for only one purpose, and for that reason, and the close amount of CPU mentioned, I believe that Consoles run better for what they are designed for.

"Has better graphics"

Now, because the PS4 has better qualitative and comparative graphics to the Xbox One, we will is it as a comparison to a PC. You can compare pictures of gameplay between the PC and the PS4, and the honest answer is that it is basically the same. You would honestly have to do some serious Weed pulling to find any differences between the two.

"Is more customizable"

I'm sorry, can you abreviate? What exactly does that mean?

"Wont run out every year"

Do you mean break or malfunction? Because if so, you're completely wrong. In fact, because of the technology that goes into making a console more compact and powerful that small enough to fit in a drawer, its much harder to actually physically damage, but with PC's, there are so many intricate and delicate parts in such a open and spacious cage that it leaves a lot of room for error and mishaps, and of course they are larger and heavier then Consoles.

"Can be used for way more things"

Well yeah, that's sort of the purpose of a PC...Lol. Consoles are made for games, and I believe my refutations and evidence provided is worthy enough for them to be better at them.

Can someone tell me how to provide references and websites URL's? I would like to show where I received my information.
Cinnamon

Pro

"Has better exclusives"

It doesn't matter if it depends. They still have more and better exclusives. By that i do not mean that they are all better.

"Runs better"

I have an 8-core CPU and it is overclock-able to 5GHz which beats both consoles even considering all the other things the PC is doing. My PC will be able to play games for about 10 years but will a console? You'd have to buy a new one every other year which makes Moores law irrelevant.

"Has better graphics"

PC has far better graphics because of its resolution capabilities. The PS4 and Xbox one both run the resolution at about 1920 x 1080 or 1080p, but the PC has the ability to run the resolution at 4096 x 2160 or 4k for short. Even if I had to to some "serious weed pulling" (Which I don't) the PC's graphics are better.

"Is more customizable"

I mean you can make your PC glow whatever color you want, make it how big you want, and use any type of controller you want.

"Won't run out every year"

No... I mean you're not going to have to buy one every year to get the newest games.

"Can be used for way more things"

Your evidence has been refuted! Lol.

Look up a formatting for it. There are lots of different ways.
StalinIncarnate

Con

"I have an 8-core CPU and it is overclock-able to 5GHz which beats both consoles even considering all the other things the PC is doing. My PC will be able to play games for about 10 years but will a console? You'd have to buy a new one every other year which makes Moores law irrelevant."

You do know what Moores Law is, correct? It states that Computer Processing power will increase exponentially within the first 10 years. What I was saying was that Pc's are designed and used for many more purposes then a Console, and as I already stated I believe consoles serve their purpose better then a PC. In Reality you l=barely acknowledged my statements, much less refuted them.

"PC has far better graphics because of its resolution capabilities. The PS4 and Xbox one both run the resolution at about 1920 x 1080 or 1080p, but the PC has the ability to run the resolution at 4096 x 2160 or 4k for short. Even if I had to to some "serious weed pulling" (Which I don't) the PC's graphics are better."

You misinterpreted me when I stated "Weed pulling". I mean that the Resolution is so high you can barely see a difference. And a major point, it depends on the Monitor. Same for the console, depending on what kind of TV it is being played on. Playing console games on a HD Flatscreen TV is probably slightly for pleasant to the eyes then on a much smaller PC monitor. Also, with consoles, you don't have to be excessively close to the screen, you can lean back and relax.

"I mean you can make your PC glow whatever color you want, make it how big you want, and use any type of controller you want."

You can make Consoles glow as well. You can't make PC's as big as you want them, they come as they were built. lol. Yes, you can use more controllers, I suppose, but for what purpose? The controller on the Xbox is very well suited to the calluses and valleys on your hand,very ergonomic.

"No... I mean you're not going to have to buy one every year to get the newest games."

That is completely fallacious. The Original Xbox was released November 15th 2001. The next console in the series, the Xbox 360, would be released November 22 2005. If you look at those dates you will notice a time lapse of over 4 years. The Xbox One was released November 23 2013, may I add it was released even later in other countries, some by 2014. See to give you the benefit of the doubt, we will say there is a 8 year lapse between the release of the 360 and the One. That's almost a decade, and the lapses's between PS console dates is closely intertwined.

May I make some points.

If you want a good PC, it will set you back over a grand (1000$) . My All in one Desktop computer set cost me 4100$ Canadian Dollars. A Xbox One will set you back 395$. You can be almost 3 for the price of one good PC. The PS4? 399$, the same almost. Remember what I said about the space within a PC that allows for intricate parts to get loose and break, Irony is my computer is broken right now because one of the Graphic Cards malfunctioned and I have to get a new one shipped from China because they didn't posses them at my local Best Buy. There is so much room for error in a PC! However, all parts and service people needed to fix a Xbox are at your local Xbox store, convenient enough for most people. Allow me to assess some Pros and Cons.

Consoles Are significantly Cheaper, More durable, more Reliable, easier to set up and use, controller is ergonomic and comfortable, and exponentially easier to service, repair, and maintain.

Can someone please show me how to provide links to info?
Cinnamon

Pro

"You do know what Moore's Law is, correct? It states that Computer Processing power will increase exponentially within the first 10 years. What I was saying was that PCs are designed and used for many more purposes then a Console, and as I already stated I believe consoles serve their purpose better then a PC. "

Actually I was correct. It's not going to matter over the next 10 years because that console wont be able to play the new games.

"You misinterpreted me when I stated "Weed pulling". I mean that the Resolution is so high you can barely see a difference. And a major point, it depends on the Monitor. Same for the console, depending on what kind of TV it is being played on. Playing console games on a HD Flat screen TV is probably slightly for pleasant to the eyes then on a much smaller PC monitor. Also, with consoles, you don't have to be excessively close to the screen, you can lean back and relax."

I knew exactly what you meant. Have you ever seen 4k in real life? There is an obvious difference. A PC also runs more objects in a game than a console would, making it look fantastic. About the TV/monitor, a TV or monitor can be used with a PC or a console. Monitors are recommended for a PC because people need to be up close to them. That is also why most monitors have higher resolutions than most TVs. Being close to the screen actually makes game-play a lot more realistic. You should try it sometime.

"You can make Consoles glow as well. You can't make PC's as big as you want them, they come as they were built. lol. Yes, you can use more controllers, I suppose, but for what purpose? The controller on the Xbox is very well suited to the calluses and valleys on your hand,very ergonomic."

You can make consoles glow but your going to have to open up it with special tools that cost money and are hard to use. I can install a neon light in my PC in less than 2 minutes. I built my PC and it was super easy and cheap. The better PCs are the ones you build not buy. Why not use a controller? Maybe you just don't want to use a mouse. You can use an Xbox controller on a PC too.

That is completely fallacious. The Original Xbox was released November 15th 2001. The next console in the series, the Xbox 360, would be released November 22 2005. If you look at those dates you will notice a time lapse of over 4 years. The Xbox One was released November 23 2013, may I add it was released even later in other countries, some by 2014. See to give you the benefit of the doubt, we will say there is a 8 year lapse between the release of the 360 and the One. That's almost a decade, and the lapses between PS console dates is closely intertwined.

Okay... I admit that I exaggerated. But still, I will never need to buy a new 550$ PC every 8 years. I can just maybe buy a new part for about 100$ every 10 years or so.

New Arguments!!!
PC is much cheaper in the long run considering these facts:
-No monthly fee
-Upgrades instead of buying a new one
-Cheaper games
-More free games
-Free Flash games
-Amazing deals every day on games (saved over 100$ in a buy one day)

Mouse
Keyboard and mouse are much better because:
-More buttons
-Easier aiming
-More precision
-Doesn't just move in one direction
-Comfortable (depends on the product you get)

May I counter those points?

If you want a great PC, it will only set you back about 600$. Considering the benefits and long-term savings, that's much better. Dude, what the heck did you get for 4100$? Retailers like NewEgg and Amazon ship from the U.S. . There are a lot more but these are the biggest. Your local computer repair shop will fix your PC for cheap or even free.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
-cheaper in the long run
-Easier to fix
-much more reliable
-Adaptable
-Better graphics

Cons:
May not come with a mouse or keyboard (only like 5$ each)

Maybe you'll come to your senses one day!
Good debate,
Cinnamon
StalinIncarnate

Con

"Actually I was correct. It's not going to matter over the next 10 years because that console wont be able to play the new games."

You've actually ignored what I said completely, allow me to show you again:

"See to give you the benefit of the doubt, we will say there is a 8 year lapse between the release of the 360 and the One. That's almost a decade, and the lapses between PS console dates is closely intertwined."

Console game releases in the past has had significantly more time in between then new models of PC's. Companies such as Dell, Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Samsung, and HP release a new model every year! It's constantly changing and becoming obsolete at a much faster rate then Consoles, your point refuted.

"I knew exactly what you meant. Have you ever seen 4k in real life? There is an obvious difference. A PC also runs more objects in a game than a console would, making it look fantastic. About the TV/monitor, a TV or monitor can be used with a PC or a console. Monitors are recommended for a PC because people need to be up close to them. That is also why most monitors have higher resolutions than most TVs. Being close to the screen actually makes game-play a lot more realistic. You should try it sometime."

First off, I'm an Avid PC gamer. I currently own the PS3, the Xbox 360, a Gaming laptop, a Dell PC, a DS, a 3DS, and a Gameboy, I'm quite experienced. This opinion I possess isn't random and uninformed. I play on a regular basic, and I can honestly tell you, from my P.O.V, that it's more comfortable and relaxing to lie on a couch and sit back rather then crunch my back close to a PC monitor. And being closer to a screen doesn't make game play more realistic at all, that's completely ludicrous.

"You can make consoles glow but your going to have to open up it with special tools that cost money and are hard to use. I can install a neon light in my PC in less than 2 minutes. I built my PC and it was super easy and cheap. The better PCs are the ones you build not buy. Why not use a controller? Maybe you just don't want to use a mouse. You can use an Xbox controller on a PC too."

Yes, you need a special tool, It's called a screw driver. Most people I know own one or two. They're not hard to use, in my experience. That's great you can install a light in your PC, no offense but that's kind of pointless, that doesn't make the PC better over a console albeit. I also Built my PC, and its been in repairs for 3 1/2 months, my fault probably. It's easier for a professional to handle it. It's in no respect easy to, It's time consuming and tedious, far from easy, and In what way is it cheap? Maybe I just don't want to use a mouse? What does that mean? Are you implying I prefer Console remotes over PC remotes because I dislike them? That's not true at all. You ignored my point again.

"Okay... I admit that I exaggerated. But still, I will never need to buy a new 550$ PC every 8 years. I can just maybe buy a new part for about 100$ every 10 years or so."

That leaves me in skepticism over whether what your debating is valid or not, openly admitting you exaggerated, however I will treat your statements with the same scrutiny as If you hadn't. True, PC's do last longer tangibly speaking, but as you also say you will spend Exorbitant amounts of money trying to repair and maintain them, and it will eventually become less expensive to purchase a new one altogether, that's just a fact.

"New Arguments!!!
-No monthly fee
-Upgrades instead of buying a new one
-Cheaper games
-More free games
-Free Flash games
-Amazing deals every day on games (saved over 100$ in a buy one day)"

"-No monthly fee"
The Monthly fee only applies if your paying for online, I don't agree with it, but you say it like it also applies to offline, which would be incorrect.

What do you mean by "Upgrades instead of buying a new one". That doesn't make sense to me in terms of coherency.

"-Cheaper games"
Games aren't necessarily cheaper, dude. That's a complete fallacy.

"-More free games""-Free Flash games"
Yes, there are more free games, but they consist mostly of flash games and games produced by independent individuals rather then actual Game studios. In short, low quality and a waste of time.

"-Amazing deals every day on games (saved over 100$ in a buy one day)"
Lol, you sound like your trying to advertise Steam or something. All Praise Lord Gaben!
Jokes aside, the same thing applies to Consoles! There is no difference whatsoever there! It's like saying Canada has Air, but distorting it like Canada is important or superior. No! The whole world has Food!

You know, I'm getting fatigued addressing and refuting the same information consistently. Do you regard my debate as informed or considerable whatsoever? I'm giving my best thought into what you've said, dude. I would like the same courtesy.

"If you want a great PC, it will only set you back about 600$. Considering the benefits and long-term savings, that's much better. Dude, what the heck did you get for 4100$? Retailers like NewEgg and Amazon ship from the U.S. . There are a lot more but these are the biggest. Your local computer repair shop will fix your PC for cheap or even free."

Prices ranges vary from 500-4100$, as I stated. This is implying that it's newer and unused. Buying from Amazon and NewEgg usually guarantee's it has been used and is prone to being unreliable and more susceptible to error and malfunction. I bought a All in one PC set for 4100$ It included the actual PC, which is a ASUS(FTW), a high quality monitor, a gaming chair, Speaker, a SennHauser Head set, a Microsoft Wireless Mouse, Receivers, a god like Graphics Card, processor, and finally a Lamp! Emphasis on that God like Graphics card, because it enables me to play all my games on maximum quality and brightness settings.
Also, Computer repair is not Cheap. Take it from anybody who has had their computer repaired.

"Pros:
-cheaper in the long run
-Easier to fix
-much more reliable
-Adaptable
-Better graphics"

Ho hum. I can honestly say I put bountitudes of thought and time into my debate, but reading this final bit I can say with certainty you ignored most of it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the debate however, and wish Pro an Exceptionally favourable Spring Break.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
ClashnBoom
RFD Both had great arguments but con's were more sensible and yes I'm biased but it didn't affect my vote.
Posted by Cinnamon 1 year ago
Cinnamon
Not for me. I love arguing and wish i could have said more.
Posted by StalinIncarnate 1 year ago
StalinIncarnate
No, you shouldn't have. It was tedious enough getting through 3.
Posted by Cinnamon 1 year ago
Cinnamon
Darn, i should have made this 20 rounds.
Posted by Cinnamon 1 year ago
Cinnamon
Sitting next to a screen removes background noise and objects therefore it makes game-play more realistic.
Posted by Cinnamon 1 year ago
Cinnamon
You say its becoming obsolete but not really. Modern computers will last virtually for tens of years.
Posted by StalinIncarnate 1 year ago
StalinIncarnate
I'm not wrong at all. I stated that correctly when I said it affects CPU output, along with memory capacity, and the actual sensors within the chips. Those all increase exponentially with transistors on the CPU.
Posted by nMetrics 1 year ago
nMetrics
Contender didn't get Moore's law right. It states that every year the number of transistors per square inch on a CPU will double. This has held true since it was first thought up until now. (although the time has increased to 18 months instead of 12)
Posted by DuhBossSoss 1 year ago
DuhBossSoss
I'm on the side of PC.
Posted by Cinnamon 1 year ago
Cinnamon
Dang it
I was finished arguing and then clicked backspace
:(
Vote Placed by Blazzered 1 year ago
Blazzered
CinnamonStalinIncarnateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con absolutely destroyed all of pros arguments and while I believe pros arguments can be defended, he did not defend them well. He didn't even mention how PC can do almost all that consoles can and more, including the controller. Anyways, conduct, grammar, and arguments all go to con, even though I disagree with him. He clearly won this debate.
Vote Placed by Prodigy0789 1 year ago
Prodigy0789
CinnamonStalinIncarnateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pre-Dispositioned opinion. Also Con did a little less babbling.
Vote Placed by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
ClashnBoom
CinnamonStalinIncarnateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con convinced me also I'm quite biased.