PC is superior to consoles

narcissu has forfeited round #3.
Started: 9/28/2016 Category: Games
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

There are far too many objective advantages of the PC over the consoles.

PC is an open platform (meaning any developer can put games on the platform without a company like Sony or Microsoft having to approve it), you don't have to pay a subscription to play every single online game for absolutely no reason, you have the option to use multiple monitors, you can play games with much better graphics above 60 fps with good enough peripherals, and the keyboard and mouse are objectively superior to the controller (even if you prefer the controller you have the option to use it). There are far too many positives on the side of the PC.

I await the response of my contender.

You have to care about what entertainment technological digital visual presentation device you want to use. Today in the mumbo jumbo criteria of pissmisycm's there creates the highly dynamic visual presentation application for lifestyle enhancement, or its enhancing the modern generation's low negotiable chemistry. james Jonah Handsome Goanna had a console he got from the chinese factory, that becomes the conclusion of my mother who lives in the same asia location and now I'm thinking of what she would want to say. Of course she has an opinion but the real fact is that my lord needs everyone, this lord our savior wants us to feel free to pick what we want and not feel pressured and anxious to pick what ever we want. That is why we kill those who appose anarchism.

People can choose. I'm not saying people can't have preferences. I have no problem with people who prefer a console as their platform of choice, but preference is subjective. I'm discussing how the PC is objectively superior to consoles. This doesn't denote that I think everyone should choose a PC.

To address the comment, not from Con:

You pay more up front for a decent PC, but you save more money over time. As I mentioned previously, on consoles you have to pay to play every game online when you've already bought the game, you've already bought the console, and you already purchase the internet. Games are cheaper on PC as well, Steam sales happen very frequently and the deals are great, and there are other services like G2A who sell games at incredibly low prices. After you get things set up, you don't have to pay much money at all afterward.

As far as updates go, drivers just need to be installed when the PC is up and running for the very first time, and you don't need to upgrade hardware often at all. The last time I bought a PC part was 2 years ago, and it was a cooling system. You only NEED to upgrade a part if something stops working, but that's never happened to me once and I've been gaming on my current rig for 3 years. If something in your console stops working, you have to send it in or buy a new one. You can't fix it yourself.

The PC isn't hard to understand. Building it just takes an hour of googling, and once you get it done you need to just install the OS and drivers. The common man wouldn't have a hard time at all doing that. I sure didn't.

when do we get people who start playing and stop meddling

You completely ignored what I said. I blatantly stated, in my last argument, that I don't care if someone plays on consoles. I care if someone thinks that consoles are objectively superior to the PC, and argues this point by spreading misinformation. Why did you accept this debate?
Posted by TheBenC 3 weeks ago
How much of a cost differential is there? How often do they NEED to be updated? Which is easier/simpler for the common man to use? Which does what a common gamer wants it to do at a lower cost and a lower trouble?