GoodOleBoy
wolfboy180

PC over Mac

GoodOleBoy
Started: 3/10/2014 Category: Technology

GoodOleBoy

Pro

First Round Acceptance
wolfboy180

Con

Sure. Let's have fun with this. I accept. Make your move. I already have mine copied to my clipboard. ;)
GoodOleBoy

Pro

O.k. let us begin with personalizing of the computer software itself it is almost impossible to access the real inner workings of the OS. Next is the gaming aspect it is a sad truth ( i have a mac as well as a PC ) that you simply can not get as many games on mac as you can PC. Also the variety of the OS is astounding i can go from my HP desk top to my Toshiba laptop and then go on to my Samsung second lap top. This variety gives more of a character to the OS it is not simply constrained to one "body" like a Mac is.
wolfboy180

Con

Is it really necessary to know the "inner workings" of a computer when personalization is already set up for you on a Mac? It lets you set up everything at first (I guess you have a secondhand Mac, which means it's probably old, which means you aren't getting the full experience) . Plus, the OS has a completely different use than for that of the PC; it's like comparing apples to oranges if you want to compare the bare OS on each one.

As for the gaming issue, I mean, aside from weird teenagers like you as all you think about are video games (yes, I fell into that pit once, and I'll never not like the original Oregon Trail) , you seem to miss the fact that most users actually don't use gaming systems. And, of course, the only reason for that anyways is that you have two different types of community here: The microcoders (PC) and the macrocoders (Mac). The gaming world requires microcoding, and PC users generally code for the PC (until one very intelligent and polite and politically correct person comes along and codes for Mac for us) . That is the only reason whatsoever.

Again, to the OS, Mac has the flexibility to support mirrors of Windows (yes, I know, who wants that vile stuff, but whatever) , Linux, the whole Opera deal, the whole Chrome deal (and when I say "deal" I mean the operating system) , and Unix (seperate).

And you are incorrect when you say that the Macs have only one "body" to work with. They are flexible as well; yet, I assume, you only have one Mac.

Your move. :)
GoodOleBoy

Pro

INNER-WORKINGS
Now starting with the inner workings part i do not mean basic personalization such as desktop back ground i am more referring to one actual hardware/ software modifications such as an improved processor and different programming but that is only a very minor aspect of this debate that I will not get stuck on.
GAMING/COMPATIBILITY
Moving on to gaming now of course not everyone games that is a given but it's the fact that is not available at all on Macs, and to continue this several other programs are not available on the mac as well including Microsoft Word though it is a fine program on Macs it is never truly up to date with the Windows version. Overall for this contention Macs can get lots of programs and yes they work well but the main part is you can not get all programs on a Mac.
VAULE
It is a fairly obvious and well known facts Most Macs are actually decent value, but they are not cheap. And they cater to a wealthy, high-end clientele. If you want a true value computer you need to look to the Windows world. You can pick up a decent family or office PC or laptop for $350 or even less. Even the "bottom of the barrel" Mac is about $500 so in the end Windows are the value computers.
DEVICES
The simple fact is that Apple produces only five kinds of OS X computer. Two types of laptop, the Mac mini, the iMac all-in-one and the Mac Pro. They are all fine products, and they will satisfy plenty of people's needs. But not by any means all of them. There is no competition among Mac OS they are all made by Apple and yes they are fine products but there is no drive to innovate no drive to upgrade a the systems and the devices. There are no tablets that run Mac OS ( IPads dont run Mac OS) there are no tablet/computers there is no versatility.
So overall Macs are good computers but PC's are better
wolfboy180

Con

wolfboy180 forfeited this round.
GoodOleBoy

Pro

GoodOleBoy forfeited this round.
wolfboy180

Con

wolfboy180 forfeited this round.
Posted by IwinYoulose333 3 years ago
IwinYoulose333
that insult with weird teenagers tho. no conduct point for u mister
Posted by IwinYoulose333 3 years ago
IwinYoulose333
pro wins.
Vote Placed by IwinYoulose333 3 years ago
IwinYoulose333
GoodOleBoywolfboy180Tied
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
GoodOleBoywolfboy180Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded more rounds of the debate.