gabep
LordTempest

PCs are better than consoles

gabep
Started: 4/14/2015 Category: Games

gabep

Pro

I believe that PCs are superior to consoles. Anyone think otherwise?

Format:
First Round is acceptance only.
Second round is for arguing your main point.
Third round is for a rebuttal.

Rules:
1.No forfeiting.
2.Keep it clean. No swearing or insults.
3.This is on which is a better car overall, not just on performance (although that can be used as a point).

Good Luck!
LordTempest

Con

I accept you challenge

Good Luck :D

"3.This is on which is a better car overall, not just on performance (although that can be used as a point)."
Car? what do you mean we are talking about pc's and consoles
gabep

Pro

There are many high quality PC-exclusive games that should intrigue any player. Examples include Assetto Corsa, a racing sim, ARMA 3, a realistic first person shooter, and the upcoming Star Citizen, a crowd-funded sci-fi MMORPG. Many previously console-only games, such as Grand Theft Auto V, have since been ported to PC, while this is not usually true the other way around. In the small number of cases where PC games are ported to console, the results are not very good. Example: Minecraft. The console editions are severely lacking and are missing some aspects from the PC version.
LordTempest

Con

LordTempest forfeited this round.
gabep

Pro

Since Con has forfeited the last round, I will state my second point.

Value For Money -
Consoles generally offer less performance per dollar as compared to PCs. For example, for $400, the price of a PS4, gamers can either buy a decent console-killing computer or buy parts to build an even better one (1) (2). While most $400 builds do not take the price of the operating system into account, keep in mind that a 64-bit operating system is equivalent to around 2 years of PS4 online membership. Keep in mind that the average gamer would usually keep hardware for more than 2 years, so even including the OS, PCs are still actually cheaper than consoles.
This also applies to peripherals and games. A decent mouse/keyboard combo deal will be around $30, while a PS4 controller costs $50. Thanks to services like Steam, PC games are also cheaper. Many good PC games can be had for $20 on steam, while almost all console games cost upwards of $60.

The claim of PC gaming being absurdly expensive is a misconception. In fact, with the addition of software/online passes, peripherals, and games, PC gaming can even be cheaper. Vote Pro.
(1) - https://www.youtube.com...
(2) - https://teksyndicate.com...
LordTempest

Con

LordTempest forfeited this round.
Posted by gabep 2 years ago
gabep
I am not one of those ultra-fanatical "PC Master Race" people. I just believe that PC is the superior system and I would like to know what the console fans think.
Posted by deathwish188 2 years ago
deathwish188
Consoles are better, all pc gamers say is pc master race or all hail the pc master race or long live the glorious pc master race, I hate it, pc master race? Really? Console peasants? I see these things all the time on the internet, it sounds like the work of Adolf Hitler if you ask me, if the pc was truly superior, pc people shouldn't have to go to Xbox or PlayStation sites and troll people saying pc master race all the time, I don't hate pc gamers, I just hate the things they say
Posted by gabep 2 years ago
gabep
Oops, my mistake. I'm doing two debates at once, kinda confusing.
Vote Placed by Fan7651230 2 years ago
Fan7651230
gabepLordTempestTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con failed to provide any arguments and I am also a PC gamer.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
gabepLordTempestTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture