JSMG
FanboyMctroll

PC's are better than consoles

FanboyMctroll has forfeited round #3.
Started: 1/11/2017 Category: Games
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

JSMG

Pro

So, thanks in advance for accepting the argument. I am here to try and prove to you that PC's are in many ways better than consoles are. The argument will start in the 2 round, so please, don't start your argument in the first round
FanboyMctroll

Con

I will be arguing that consoles are better then PC's
JSMG

Pro

So, my second round argument will be based on just saying why I think PC is better than console

1. The Customization

One of the advantages of PC gaming is that you can customize almost everything. Firstly, you can customize your pc and make it a beast which can run GTA V Redux mod with Ultra graphics and 4k resolution, all at a solid 60 fps, or make it a normal pc which can run just about everything at reasonable FPS. After you built your pc, you can use it for just about anything, but we are focusing on gaming now. Any game you install you can run with a 4 year old pc (granted, you will have to lower your graphics options, but you can still play it). You can choose to play with mouse and keyboard or a joystick if you prefer.

2. The Price Tag

A lot of console gamers have this weird misconception that PC gaming is so expensive that you can buy 4 consoles for the money you pump into a PC. Truth is, while you can build a PC like that, and waste money in my opinion, you can also build a PC with the price tag of the PS4 and it could be more powerful (proof: http://gamingbolt.com... )

3. Graphics

You can not deny that almost all games look so much better on PC. Sure, some developers don't give a damn (I'm looking at you Ubisoft) and just make their games graphically the same.

4. Other

-You can do everything you do with a console on a PC and much more
-You can use everything you use on a console on a PC
-Indie games
-Steam, GOG, Instant Gaming etc.
-Free Multiplayer

And I will be first to admit, the PC Master Race can be total cancer sometimes, and I admit that not all console gamers are "Console Peasants". Putting everyone under the same blanket is just unfair in my opinion.
FanboyMctroll

Con

The consoles are a lot better then PC's mostly because of the cost. I buy a console for $400 then I use my 75" tv with it, I don't need to buy the PC then a monitor. All new consoles have the same graphics as PC's Also the consoles are like PC in the sense that I can remove the hard drive add more memory, I can play Netflix, Crave, save photos, videos, watch Blue Rays on it, it's all included.

The best part is that I don't need to upgrade my sound card every year, or buy a new video card because I can't play the latest games, I can also download games from Steam just like the PC.

Bottom line the cost is way cheaper and I just play for approximately 10 years of the life of a console without any upgrades, and I also prefer to use a controller, don't want to play on a keyboard and mouse like the PC

Buy a console and just play, buy a PC and you will constantly be upgrading the thing
JSMG

Pro

Ok, so let's analyze what you just said.

"I buy a console for $400 then I use my 75" tv with it, I don't need to buy the PC then a monitor" You can use the PC with the 75" tv. That argument doesn't make any sense

" All new consoles have the same graphics as PC's" This statement is just wrong. I can find a few examples for you:

https://goo.gl...
https://goo.gl...
https://goo.gl...

"Also the consoles are like PC in the sense that I can remove the hard drive add more memory, I can play Netflix, Crave, save photos, videos, watch Blue Rays on it, it's all included." No arguing you there, even though PC had those long before any console

"The best part is that I don't need to upgrade my sound card every year, or buy a new video card" Okay, this just shows how little you know. I never had to upgrade the sound card in my life, and never will. I upgrade my PC's Video card every four to five years and I never buy the newest one. Lets say now that the GTX 1060 is out, I'll buy a 970.

"I can also download games from Steam just like the PC." I really don't think that's how it works

" I just play for approximately 10 years of the life of a console without any upgrades," Okay, fair enough. My pc can only hold for about 4-5 years. But I only do upgrades worth maybe 200$, you buy an entire new console for around 500$

"and I also prefer to use a controller, don't want to play on a keyboard and mouse like the PC" You can use Xbox and Dualshock controllers on the PC, with steam now even officially supporting the PS4 controllers

"Buy a console and just play, buy a PC and you will constantly be upgrading the thing" Whatever you say
Posted by JSMG 1 year ago
JSMG
Would you please explain that?
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
He got beat by a 14 year old.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
"The consoles are a lot better then PC's mostly because of the cost. I buy a console for $400 then I use my 75" tv with it."

So you spent a minimum of 2K on a t.v and you use price as an argument. HAHA weak. You could get a very powerful rig for that.