CoolGuyOntheWeb
Walrus101

PC's are better than next gen consoles

Started: 11/7/2013 Category: Games

CoolGuyOntheWeb

Pro

I believe that PC's are better for gaming than the new next gen consoles (Xbox one and PS4) because of the fact that the graphics are generally better than the next gen consoles. PC's are also fully customizable with hardware to improve performance and texture quality of the games. Although many games are coming out on only the next gen consoles but the next gen consoles are about the same price for a decent gaming PC and the fact is you can do a lot on a PC such as if you are gaming and need to research something fast you can always pull up a browser and look up what you needed to know. All that for the same price as a next gen console. Everyone is arguing of which one is better, the PS4 or the Xbox one and not many people have opened their eyes to see that the PC just towers over both consoles.
Walrus101

Con

First of all, I accept this challenge, but you must be aware that you comment on something that is almost unknown.

Misconceptions, Blindness, and Time (Oh my!)

I find myself seriously questioning the integrity of this debate just by the title. For those who missed the orange bold letter at the top, allow me to inform you. This debate is called "PC's are better than next gen. consoles". I find the error in the title to be the fact that it doesn't say "Next Generation gaming consoles won't be as good as the PC". Since neither the Xbox One or the PS4 are out on the open market at the time, it would be hard to be able to scope out something being better that you had not played yourself. This is where I think you come out of the cave completely blind swinging a club at the public. In time, you may have found that you had in fact played BOTH next generation consoles. That is the time when it would be completely viable to say that PC is better than them. Since I can guarantee that you can't go to a store and buy one at the time, you do not know how the system works or what the pros and cons are.

Accepting, only to offer a Resolution.

Lets say that you were one of the few to win one of the next generation consoles through a sort of promotion. As a stock device, the next generation consoles will be a cheaper and a better alternative to the classic PC. Gaming PCs can get pretty expensive, and to buy these add on features you speak of would tower over the price of a PS4 or Xbox One. When you buy a gaming PC, one does not simply say "What is the cheapest and most unreliable thing I can get?". It is more commonly said "What will be able to handle what I need, and still be affordable?". Consoles are not in this way. When you buy a console, you know that it doesn't get better (Excluding memory upgrades) than what you purchase until a later time. Consoles work the same, whether that be good or not, and eliminate the barrier between models of increasing price and overall playability.

In conclusion:

I cannot rebut the comments about graphics, since neither next generation console is out yet. I have proven that you cannot be sure if something is better before something is released. I thank you for the challenge and wish you luck in your rebuttals.
CoolGuyOntheWeb

Pro

CoolGuyOntheWeb forfeited this round.
Walrus101

Con

Well, I was hoping to have a debate. Looks like this guy is never getting on this site again...

Vote con.
CoolGuyOntheWeb

Pro

CoolGuyOntheWeb forfeited this round.
Walrus101

Con

Called it.

Vote con!