Cashjlydia
eastcoastsamuel

PE should be an elective, not a requirement

Cashjlydia

Pro

PE should be an elective, not a requirement because some students need more time to become educated. Gym is a waste of a students time, they could be learning about things that are more applicable to their lives and futures.
eastcoastsamuel

Con

I accept this debate. I will be arguing that physical education classes should be as a requirement, and not solely an elective. The burden of proof in this debate is on Pro; Pro will have to provide definitive evidence and reasoning that PE should be an elective. As long as Con can disprove the contentions laid out by Pro, Con should win this debate.

Pro's assertions center around the statement that students should learn about things that are more applicable to their lives and futures. Although lessons on what exactly is taught in PE classes vary, classes generally teach about nutrition, drug management, dealing with bullying and stress management [1], all of which are topics that students will encounter and deal with later in life. PE classes also teach and allows students to practice activities such as swimming, running and dance, exercises which help students take a mental break, maintain recommended weight and have fun in a safe environment. It is obvious that since PE classes teach lessons that deal with crucial topics in a safe, fun environment, PE classes should be a requirement instead of simply an elective. Con strongly urges a ballot in negation of the resolution.

Sources: [1] http://www.pecentral.org...
Cashjlydia

Pro

Cashjlydia forfeited this round.
eastcoastsamuel

Con

I will extend all of my arguments and wait for a response from the affirmation.
Cashjlydia

Pro

Cashjlydia forfeited this round.
eastcoastsamuel

Con

All of my opponent's points fell. All of my points remain standing.

For these reasons, I strongly urge a ballot in negation of the resolution.