TalkingWaffle69
beachgirl67

PETA is bad.

TalkingWaffle69

Pro

If you accept this debate you will be arguing on behalf of PETA trying to convince me that they are good. Give examples of how they actually help animals etc.
beachgirl67

Con

PETA literally means "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals".

First off, PETA has been protesting at SeaWorld, trying to bring to light the cruel orca tanks and crowded animal centers. SeaWorld has been in several legal battles before, and it is clear to see why. Ex-SeaWorld trainers have revealed the cruelty to PETA there toward orcas especially. Jeff Ventre (now a doctor) and John Jett (now a biology professor) worked at SeaWorld Orlando, and now work with the Orca Project, fighting for the rights of these poor animals. They revealed that the whales are confined to small, shallow pools, have a lack of social interaction, and inadequate medical care. They even mentioned whales at SeaWorld have a lifespan of only 9 years, while orcas in the wild have a lifespan of about 30-50 years. Now, PETA is working with the Orca Project to fight for the rights of these whales.

PETA protesters are also fighting to bring an end to NIH's "maternal-deprivation experiments" on infant monkeys. This is a paragraph from a PETA article, explaining the evilness of the NIH's experiments:

"As revealed in video footage released by PETA, NIH experimenters at a laboratory in Maryland breed monkeys to be prone to depression, remove the infants from their mothers at birth to induce trauma, and then subject the young ones to years of experiments designed to cause, worsen, and measure the babies" severe fear, depression, and anxiety. These experiments have never led to the development of treatments for human mental illness and are superseded by human brain imaging and other modern techniques but have continued for more than 30 years and cost taxpayers more than $30 million in just the past seven years alone."

The NIH is using taxpayer dollars to abuse infant monkeys. The PETA program has been working feverously to stop this. They have even involved work with several scientists, such as Jane Goodall, to bring an end to this abuse.

Anyone that argues PETA is bad is wrong. As you can see here, PETA has been fighting non-stop for the rights of abused animals across the world. Without them, this cruelty could continue and turn into an even bigger problem.

Source- http://www.peta.org...
TalkingWaffle69

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate and I rather enjoyed your argument. I guess PETA isn't exactly bad...they have good intentions. I love animals. But some of the things PETA tries to fight for is just stupid. I live on a dairy farm and according to their website we are a bunch of monsters that abuse and "rape" our cows to get their milk. They say that we don't even allow baby calves to walk to their own "prisons". We also have beef cattle and if you take a look at the beef industry page on the PETA website you would see that they have a holstine dairy cow on their beef page. They could at least get their arguments straight. And finally, more that half of the animals that PETA takes in die in their care because they try to let them live together and when they are sick they don't give them the proper medicine needed. PETA has good intentions to help animals in need but not all animals need help. We treat our hundreds of cows, dozens of cats, and two dogs with care and love.
beachgirl67

Con

I would agree with you farm animals should be allowed to be kept, but I disagree with your later statements. PETA is an organization: a group of people. They themselves don't take care of animals, they just fight for animal rights. I don't know where the information you gathered about animals dying in PETA's care came from, considering they don't keep or rescue animals. Furthermore, for information you gather I would like to see a source since I have no way of knowing where you got your 'facts' from.
TalkingWaffle69

Pro

They fight for animal rights yes but to this they also want everyone to change their ways. Not eat meat, not wear or use anything that is made with animals skin or fur. Destroy zoos, bring down farms such as my own etc. Once again, they have good intentions but they are not just trying to fight for animal rights, they are also trying to get all of us to change the way we live if they are ever to get everything they want. And it would effect all of us in some way.
beachgirl67

Con

beachgirl67 forfeited this round.