mrpokemon
TheInstagator

POkemon is better than Sonic

Started: 2/12/2014 Category: Games

mrpokemon

Pro

I think that Pok"mon is better because Sonic is just you running around collecting coins. Pok"mon is you leveling up catching your team to fight, breeding, traveling, and fighting the gym leaders! Sonic is just an excuse for Capcom to make money! Pok"mon is full of battles and excitement but sonic is 1 battle and you running and dodging obstacles. Pok"mon is WAY better than Sonic. Go game freak and Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this it to make room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheInstagator

Con

I believe that Sonic is the best representative of the gaming sphere of the time, in rival to Pokémon. Sonic and Pokémon, even though being extremely well-known, are two separate spheres of games. Sonic revolutionized gaming when it first came out, and still continues (even with some bad titles) to try and draw the player back into the childhood nostalgia that they first experiences. Pokemon continues to produce an almost identical looking game every couple of years. Now, lets debate!
mrpokemon

Pro

Pok"mon revolutionized gaming more than sonic when it came out because it introduced trading and online battling and lots of customization with moves and evs. It also introduced npcs who you battle to level up get moves, and evolve which are all things sonic does NOT have. I am not good at debates so I will just put lots of ! again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheInstagator

Con

Even though Pokémon revolutionized the RPG genre of video games, Sonic was a completely different genre-defining game in its many features. Sonic helped revolutionize the idea of the platformer, while also becoming a sensation with younger gamers at its release. With its innovative ideas of speed and the player being in control of the character while he speeds through the land, gamers both new and old flock to this game. Sonic helped push along the ideas which modern games follow today!
mrpokemon

Pro

Actually Megaman I think came out first and THAT revolutionized sidescrollers because of all the enemies and being able to get different weapons. Also my opponent has only opinions in his argument. Those are opinions. But Pokémon DID. It introduced everything that games STILL do not have today. Sonic just increased the speed of the game! Later Sonic games had more obstacles, which made it harder. Pokémon first introduced having different characters to fight as. I hope that you'll vote for me Thx
TheInstagator

Con

TheInstagator forfeited this round.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Pro's first round is incorrect in some facts, and I have to point these out: SEGA made Sonic the Hedgehog, not Capcom. And you collect rings, not coins, which are your health. Pok"mon is an RPG, of course it has 100+ battles. Sonic, however, has had multiple boss fights per game since the first game. Also, Pro said "Sonic just increased the speed of the game!", there is a new story in every game, as well as some new characters (well, I'm talking about Sticks from Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, and I'm not too fond of the fact that she has brain damage). Neither side used sources for their arguments, though. Pro states "you play as multiple characters". You really don't, you are 1 person using monsters to fight, but whatever. As for Con, Pok"mon keeps changing! there used to be 100 pokemon, now there's 600 pokemon. Gen 4 added steel type, gen 6 added fairy type, and mega evolution. I'd still side with Pro.