Gangsta_Bob
Strategery

PR Beyonder can defeat ANY version of Superman

Strategery

Gangsta_Bob

Pro

1st round is for acceptance.

PR Beyonder: Pre-Retcon Beyonder from Beyond-Realm of Marvel.

Superman: A Kryptonian superhero born on the planet Krypton. Alter ego Clark Kent, birth name, Kal-El. From the DC Universe.

Can: To indicate possibility.

Defeat : To win a victory over (someone or something) in a war, contest, game, etc.

Version: A form of something that is different in some way from other forms.

I believe that this Beyonder can defeat any version of Superman. However, some people disagree. To those that are apart of the some, feel free to explain why you think differently.

This debate topic seems impossible for my opponent to win. Accept with caution.
Strategery

Con

Unfortunately, the Beyonder cannot defeat MY version of Superman.

In a short story I once wrote for university, I used Superman as my main character and he was literally unbeatable. I had him destroy the entire DC universe with his pinky, and then I had him come into our world so he could curb stomp Chuck Norris.
Gangsta_Bob

Pro

The Beyonder could also defeat your version of Superman and duplicate his feats and limit is own powers to your version's limits. Beyonder is omnipotent, his power is incalculable. His power is enough to withstand the power that can destroy billions of universes with a smile on his face, his power to relinquish people from existence of Death from the multiverse and make other omnipotent and celestial beings beg him to stop trumps Superman's ability to defeat all the heroes and villains of one universe.

https://www.google.com...
Strategery

Con

My version of Superman was immortal. He defeated Chuck Norris, he destroyed the DC universe (including the Beyonder), and could in theory, come into our reality and slap you in the face.
Gangsta_Bob

Pro

Beyonder is a Marvel character that doesn't reside in the DC Universe. The Beyonder is also immortal and unlike Superman omnipotent. The Beyonder, not in theory, but can in fact erase immortal beings from existence then kill an immortal being.

http://static.comicvine.com...
http://static.comicvine.com...
http://s204.photobucket.com...

Beyonder wills Superman gone just as he's done galaxies and Death. Your version of Superman lives only cause the Beyonder allows him to.
Strategery

Con

"Beyonder is a Marvel character that doesn't reside in the DC Universe."

That's true. I forgot about that. But in this new fanfic I'm writing, Superman actually meets up with the Beyonder in a DC-Marvel crossover and defeats him.

So no. You haven't proved that the Beyonder can defeat ANY version of Superman.
Gangsta_Bob

Pro

Omnipotent beings don't lose. You said 'your' Superman is immortal, Beyonder kills and erases immortals from existence with relative ease. You've proven nothing but that you're a troll. Beyonder>Superman based on provable, reliable, sources provided.
Strategery

Con

On the contrary, I think I've made a pretty clever argument.

The Beyonder cannont defeat my version of Superman that appears in my fanfic, therefore you cannont say that the Beyonder defeats "every single version" of Superman.

The resolution is negated.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
So basically this is a war between God vs God. Could God #1, who is omnipotent, omniscient, and immortal; defeat God #2, who is also omnipotent, omniscient, and immortal? Would one win? Or would they be fighting for eternity, possibly destroying many planets in the process? I think this debate deserves a tie, since both Con's Superman and Pro's Beyonder are immortal, and very powerful. I feel as if they'd be fighting for all eternity, without end, assuming Con's Superman and Pro's Beyonder are immune to death by anything and everything. Round 2 onward sum up like "Superman's invincible! No, Beyonder is invincible, and can destroy Superman! No, Superman's immune to death! No, Beyonder's immune to death and is powerful!" I could imagine this going on forever. Without any clear, unbiased evidence to confirm which side wins, I'll assume they're both infinitely powerful, therefore nobody will win, even if they fight for 9999999999999...... 9999999.... You get the idea. Therefore, I suggest this debate gets a tie, with no one able to win.
Posted by airmax1227 1 year ago
airmax1227
Vote by "Everything", (6 pts to pro, conduct, args, sources) has been disqualified and removed.

RFD: "pro made more since provided links and stuff"

Gangsta_Bob and Everything need to contact me immediately.

Airmax1227
Debate.org Moderator
Posted by Everything 1 year ago
Everything
Quite obvious that Con is playing games. If I could vote, I would. I'm going to if I don't forget. Hopefully Con caught himself an L for no other reason than for being a douche. :)
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Unlikely to happen, but possible. Some evil Superman closes in for the kill, and crippled Batman has a miracle gadget of the week on his utility belt just for this kind of situation. Heck he might just soil himself, and Superman dies of laughter... Either are unlikely, but however doubtful they are possible.

For a sample of ridiculously unlikely to happen things, which actually happened in cannon: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com...

For example, Batman can easily defeat Carnage (a more lethal version of Venom) in a straight fist fight, and Venom can take both Superman and Spiderman at once without much difficulty (not even the heat vision could stop him, which is supposed to be one of Venom's weaknesses).
Posted by Gangsta_Bob 1 year ago
Gangsta_Bob
With the exception of a human being with a broken back defeating any version of Superman. :)
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Loving the hair or otherwise, does not change the nature of the English language. Just about anything CAN happen.
Posted by Gangsta_Bob 1 year ago
Gangsta_Bob
I'm sorry but that is 100% false, lol. This guy is God compared to Superman, the strong Superman is God to Batman.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Even Batman with a broken back CAN do that, would he is a much more interesting comparison.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Vote Placed by Bored_Debater 8 months ago
Bored_Debater
Gangsta_BobStrategeryTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's fanfic proves that the Beyonder can not defeat ANY version of Superman. For in his fanfic Superman beats him. Pro says that Beyonder is omnipotent and he can't lose. Even if con's fanfic was allowed to end in a stalemate, cause it'd be omnipotence vs omnipotence, arguments would still go to con. Cause stalemating would still prove that Beyonder can't beat any version of Superman. Once con's fanfic came into the debate all the sources in the world couldn't save pro from losing. I don't award sources to anyone cause it didn't impact the outcome of the debate. This is obviously an abuse on cons part, he knew that pro was talking about the versions known and created by DC not fanfics. Next time, structure the debate so that no one can do this again.
Vote Placed by Behold 10 months ago
Behold
Gangsta_BobStrategeryTied
Reasons for voting decision: What a can of worms. On one side, Instigator said ANY version, so Con is trying to abuse this, on the other, Pro said CAN, meaning, is it possible? If Pro had only made the argument that Con has the ability to write Beyonder as winning in his fanfic, it would easily have gone to Pro as per R1 definitions. But alas, argument goes to Con - for all the power Beyonder is getting described as having, Con's fan-fiction scenario shows him as being defeated, which is a valid version of Superman. Pro fails to refute this. Sources go to Pro though, fan-fictions are most definitely not reliable.