techguy1001
reconsqurl

PS3 is better than XBOX

reconsqurl
Started: 3/21/2012 Category: Technology

techguy1001

Pro

First off, let me just say thank you to whoever is up against me for this debate. Also, I hope to have this debate go:
Round 1 - Opening Statements
Round 2 - Rebuttals
Round 3 - Closing Arguments...

Here we go:

The PS3 is by far better than the XBOX in many ways. Firstly, a PS3 can show BluRay discs, without any downloads or expansions. Also, the PS3 comes with WiFi connectivity included, so no need to buy an adapter or anything like that. Also, a PS3 includes multiple decent games, that are exclusive to PS3, such as Gran Turismo 5.

Now, a common misconception is that the PS3's Playstation Network is lackluster compared to the XBOX Live Network. That is not true. PSN includes friends, voice chat rooms, and typing chat rooms. Most importantly, PSN is completely free, allowing anyone to sign up instantly, and play all of those good online games like Call of Duty.

Another misconception with the PS3 is that not as many people play it as the XBOX. Again, this is not true. When I played Call of Duty: Black Ops online, I was able to instantly achieve a group for some Team Deathmatch (a FULL team) very quickly. Also, 99% of the time, none of the people playing are "high-pitched 11-year-olds that spam the voice comms".

Finally, sure, the PS3 does not have Halo, but who cares? PS3 has everything else the XBOX does, except PS3's network is free, it contains the same capabilities, and has high-definition, incredible graphic quality, with a Blu-Ray reader. What more could you want?

VOTE PS3!
reconsqurl

Con

First I would like to say thanks to my opponent for the challenge and good luck. second as I share your views on the subject and personally do not have live, but I will do my best to argue my side as I do own both systems I am knowledgeable in both subject matter. so with out further delay I will argue my points.

when we look at my opponents arguments they have three different subject and to keep it all fair I will use the same three subjects that being 1. games and game play 2. online game play 3. features of the systems.

so first is the games we can see that yes one of the best racing games Grand Tarismo 5 is a PS3 exclusive but we see that Call of Duty one of the best selling FPS franchises is available on PS3, Xbox, and PC where as Halo, with the release of Halo 3 made more money in the first day than titanic did we see that it is an Xbox exslucive and not to mention that Xbox gets map pack deals two months before Ps3 therefore making Xbox better than Ps3

second when we look at online game play where that the fist the fact that PSN is free is its most major flaw that there is no security (and we all know what happened last year) with security it means that your information (any and all types) will be protected. Furthermore we see that due to the increase in income from live users Microsoft will be able to use the money to make the gaming exasperate more enjoyable and well as employ people which as the economy is that is way better.

and finally when we look at features of the console itself we see that the only thing that the Xbox doesn't have is Wi-Fi or Blu-Ray, but still the advantage is that with the Ps3 you are stuck with what Internet receiver you got with the console but with Xbox we see that depending on how much you want to spend you can get different speeds and increasing the consumer choice and second with the Blu-Ray we can see that with the digital movie business and the equivalent graphic quality of the Xbox you can watch movies with great quality. and hooked up to the Kenect system (with the Ps3 has a wii consept on steroids) the user does not need a controller to search,play ,or pause their movie.

so in conclusion we see that the Xbox is a better system than the Ps3 for three reasons 1. the exslucive games are far superior 2. the online play is giving the consumer choice and creating jobs 3. the features are the same if not better that the Ps3. and it is for these reasons that the voters must vote Con
techguy1001

Pro

Firstly, I'd like to ask all voters to please look at the following website:
http://www.ign.com...
It is a very trusted gaming website, and, the verdict in the end is the PS3. I'm going to let that do the most of the talking for my argument here, since, in terms of hardware and technical building, the PS3 is superior.

Now, as far as games go, I'd like to bring up the following statement, posted by the con...
"where as Halo, with the release of Halo 3 made more money in the first day than titanic did we see that it is an Xbox exslucive and not to mention that Xbox gets map pack deals two months before Ps3 therefore making Xbox better than Ps3"
It matters not the revenue made from games. The amount of money drawn in by the games means nothing, compared to the superiority of the PS3, in terms of hardware. Plus, just because XBOX gets map deals BEFORE the PS3 does doesn't mean in any way that it's better...

Moving on to another topic..
"second when we look at online game play where that the fist the fact that PSN is free is its most major flaw that there is no security (and we all know what happened last year) with security it means that your information (any and all types) will be protected. Furthermore we see that due to the increase in income from live users Microsoft will be able to use the money to make the gaming exasperate more enjoyable and well as employ people which as the economy is that is way better."
I would like to challenge your statement "there is no security".... Wrong - there is security. What happened last year can happen to any company and just because it happened to Sony doesn't mean that their PSN has major flaws. Also, I'd like to pull up your last sentence. I don't see how Microsoft making more money off of Live could in any way help your case. Microsoft is a massive company, making more than 3x the amount of money every year off of all their other products than their Xbox sales and XBOX live sales combined. Also, Sony is a well-prospering company also. I don't at all see where you were trying to go with that....

In the end, as you can see from IGN's rating, the PS3 is BETTER with it's hardware, graphics, and processing capabilities, and it is JUST AS GOOD with its games...

THEREFORE, PS3 IS BETTER.
reconsqurl

Con

so when we look to the rebuttal's that my opponent has provided we see that out of the three arguments that they only have defended one and that is the hardware of the PS3 and therefore has dropped their other two arguments that being the games/game play and the online play.

first the games and game play of the Xbox to answer a concern of my opponent " just because XBOX gets map deals BEFORE the PS3 does doesn't mean in any way that it's better..." we see that the for the hardcore gamers and the gamers that like to to get the full gaming experience having game content for a game two months in advance we see that it is logically a better choice for the Xbox. and second we see that the exclusive game that have made more money than titanic, we need to take a step back and look who the overall judge is, the consumer, and with revenue we clearly see that despite the lesser hardware the consumer clearly chooses the Xbox over the PS3

second when attacking my second point my opponent couldn't make sense of my point " I don't see how Microsoft making more money off of Live could in any way help your case. Microsoft is a massive company." let me try to clear the air, with the extra money that Microsoft makes from live they turn that around to employ people to increase security of live and what ever security that PSN has or did have we see that it was not enough. although a cyber attack can happen to anyone we see that PSN has a tarnished reputation and in the eyes of the overall judge the consumer, we see that Xbox still has its dignity and has left PSN to pick up whatever remains.

and finally though I cannot argue that the PS3 has better hardware my argument that I have made before still stands as I have stated that the overall consumer is the judge. and we see that the judge has stated that they like the games more than the PS3 and with the price tags both the same for the cheapest console the Xbox has twice the memory than the PS3,and interchangeable to boot! all of these come together to create the perfect balance of cost, hardware, and customizable abilities that the consumer loves and sending the Xbox to the top of the list.

so in conclusion my opponent will hide behind one argument and that is the hardware with over the last 3000 characters we see that the Xbox has been able to appeal to the most amount of consumer demands and which clearly shows that you must vote negative in this debate
techguy1001

Pro

techguy1001 forfeited this round.
reconsqurl

Con

so in conclusion we see that I have won this debate for two reasons, one I have refuted all of my opponents point to which my opponent argued one point (the hardware), and second the painfully obvious one is that my opponent has forfeited their closing argument.

looking at the first point, we see that my opponent have effectively argued one point but that point was on a website that was left up to the voters and I to read with not impacting their argument so that point does not and should not hold any weight in this debate.

secondly looking at the my second point is that my opponent had a total of 48 hours to make an argument and on a weekend they have had the opportunity to establish their argument, but as we see the instigator (my opponent) has neglected the opportunity to do so. so we can only assume that my opponent agrees with my points and therefore I win this debate.

Thanks for my opponent for a good debate and thanks to the voters for taking their time to read the debate.
Posted by techguy1001 4 years ago
techguy1001
YOU... haha
Posted by reconsqurl 4 years ago
reconsqurl
Who won?
Posted by techguy1001 4 years ago
techguy1001
Bah, I think we know who won. I had a crazy busy weekend =/
Posted by Smiley02965 4 years ago
Smiley02965
This debate is pretty intense and it's only Round 1. I can't wait to see the defending argument for PS3.
Posted by InMyAbyss 4 years ago
InMyAbyss
1) Xbox has built in Wi-Fi as well.
2) Decent games are your opinion. Someone definitely have a different opinion.
3) Xbox online is better, because you can voice chat with your friends even if you arent playing the game. Also having online free is a bad thing. That means the competition will be lower than Xbox. If its free, everyone will do it. If you are good at online, then you will keep buying it. Or if you want to progress you'll keep buying it.
Vote Placed by Travniki 4 years ago
Travniki
techguy1001reconsqurlTied