jdog2016
swimmergal

PS3 is better than XBox 360

swimmergal

jdog2016

Pro

Round 1 is purely for stating opinion, NO ARGUMENTS.

I believe that overall, PS3 is a better gaming system than XBox 360.
swimmergal

Con

I am happy to accept this and I hope this will be a fun, clean debate.

Since Round One is just for stating your opinion in the opening statement, I will make it short.
I believe that the new XBox 360 is a better gaming system then a PS3
jdog2016

Pro

For my first argument, I will say that the PlayStation Network is free. Sure, sometimes the PSN goes down or is taken down by hackers(extremely rare), a problem Microsoft has done a better job avoiding, but Xbox Live Gold will cost you $50 a year. That's $50 more than you'll pay to play online games on the PSN. Just think, if you had that money to spend, you could buy a new PS3 game.

Second, the PlayStation has a blue-ray drive. If you"re like me and my family, most of your media these days is streaming.(netflix, hulu, EC.) Still, especially for animated movies like ones from Pixar, as well as other big-screen flicks full of action and what not, the Blu-ray can make a big difference, both in terms of visuals and sound. And not only does the blueray player play blueray movies, but ps3 games are also blueray. This also means there's more room per disc for PS3 titles over Xbox 360 titles, allowing for somewhat noticeable improvements in graphics on PS3 versions of many games, and (perhaps even more importantly) allowing each title to fit onto a single disc. There are few things more annoying than having to stand up and switch out an XBox 360 disc in the middle of a game.
swimmergal

Con

You stated that the PlayStation Network is free, but you can do a lot more with Xbox gold. It may be 50$ but tell me, how many things can you do with an Xbox gold membership?

Xbox Live Gold Features

• Multiplayer Gaming
  • Early Access to Some Demos
  • Beta Access
  • Game Discounts (40-50% off, often)
  • Hulu Plus
  • Netflix
  • Amazon Instant Video
  • Party Chat
  • Video Kinect
  • Zune Music Streaming
  • Halo Waypoint
  • Avatar Kinect
  • Internet Explorer
  • Cloud Storage
  • Facebook
  • Skype
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • last.fm
  • MLB.tv
  • HBO Go
  • ESPN
  • Forthcoming: Free-to-Play Gaming

Here's what PlayStation 3 owners get for Plus:

PlayStation Plus Features

• Instant Game Collection (Free Games)
  • Game Discounts (40-50% off, often)
  • Early Access to Some Demos
  • Beta Access
  • Cloud Storage
  • Automatic Patching/Firmware-Updates
  • 1-Hour Free Access to Full Games
That's a smaller list!

You also said that the PlayStation has a bluray drive. On an Xbox, you have Hulu, Netflix, etc., but on Netflix and etc., you can pick up where you left off. If you are watching a movie via bluray and accidentally turn off your console, you have to restart and that is definetly a pain!!! Also, when you watch a movie on your PS3, you may be using up GB's on your Hard Drive.

"And not only does the blueray player play blueray movies, but ps3 games are also blueray."

Yes, they may be BluRay, but tell me how many games does Xbox have? How many games does PS3 have?

When you stated, "Sure, sometimes the PSN goes down or is taken down by hackers(extremely rare), a problem Microsoft has done a better job avoiding, but Xbox Live Gold will cost you $50 a year."

Why isn't sony well enough secured? They are a major company, and should therefore be nearly impossible to hack! Lag, freezes, blackouts, that is too much to risk if you are playing some hardcore Blackops or something. Yes, there may be hacks on the Xbox, but look how far it has gone with Sony and the PlayStation: http://www.thetimes.co.uk...

70 million people were locked out for six days!!!

One more fact before I close. The Xbox came out one year before the PlayStation did. Since then, they have been competing and have kept improving. I have to throw this out there, but Microsoft came out with motion sensed game-play, also know as the Kinect, and Sony hasn't been able to come up with that yet.

I am glad to see what your next response will be. And thank you!
jdog2016

Pro

"On an Xbox, you have Hulu, Netflix, etc., but on Netflix and etc., you can pick up where you left off. If you are watching a movie via bluray and accidentally turn off your console, you have to restart and that is definetly a pain!!!"

First off, this argument is invalid because the PlayStation does in fact have Netflix, Hulu, EC. I have Netflix on my PS3, and it works perfectly. Also, on Netflix on the PS3, you can also(just like the Xbox) go back to exactly where you were in a show if you lose power or something.

"Why isn't sony well enough secured? They are a major company, and should therefore be nearly impossible to hack! Lag, freezes, blackouts, that is too much to risk if you are playing some hardcore Blackops or something."

Stories of Xbox Live users seeing their accounts hacked and used to make unauthorized purchases have continued to come in at a slow trickle since they were first widely reported last October. But one user has taken to the Internet with a highly personal account of her hacking experience, and what she says was, initially, an almost total lack of help from Microsoft on the matter.

Susan Taylor's tale, as told on the HackOnXbox Tumblr account, describes how she logged on to her e-mail earlier this week to find over $200 worth of Xbox Live's virtual "Microsoft points" currency charged to her linked PayPal account, and then transferred to a separate dummy account.

On discovering the problem, Taylor contacted Microsoft support immediately and was told her account had been blocked to prevent further fraud while they investigated. So you can imagine Taylor's surprise when, as she tells it, over $100 more was taken from the supposedly blocked account for the same fraudulent purpose the very next day.

When Taylor called up Microsoft support yet again, she was told simply that the fraud department was "unable to block your account." She was also told that she should change her password, despite the fact that her password had been changed and she was unable to access her account through the Xbox.com web interface, she said.

"In short, I think [Microsoft's fraud handling process] is a shambles," Taylor told msnbc.com's -http://www.nbcnews.com...
Enough said!!

"70 million people were locked out for six days!!!"

Honestly, I would rather be locked out of my account, than have $350 dollars stolen from me!!!

And lastly....

"Microsoft came out with motion sensed game-play, also know as theKinect, and Sony hasn't been able to come up with that yet."

Sony may not have developed a Kinect, however thay have come out with the PlayStation Move. This uses a motion contoller, simmilar to that of a Wii, only instead of a sensor, sony decided to use a special camera(comes with PS move) that not only sences the special glow the PS move controller gives off, but it also scans you entire body before gameplay. Thus allowing the best possible bodily detection. I have one; It works great.
swimmergal

Con

First off, I would like to say that I have never even owned a PlayStation so this is all new to me. So as this is the last round, I would like to thank my opponent for teaching me this. Now back to the debate.

"Honestly, I would rather be locked out of my account, than have $350 dollars stolen from me!!! "

Yes, Xbox players have been hacked, but would you rather have your personal ID stolen? They include credit card numbers and passwords leaked online. On January 24th, 2013, Sony was sued over 250,000 euros because someone leaked that personal information online. Don't believe me? Than look at http://www.guardian.co.uk...
People could use enough of that information to impersonate you or spend your money like Susan Taylor!!!

Also, how would you like it if a hacker group finds a secret set of codes that can decrypt the PlayStation 3's Level 0 security layer? Well it already happened! Hackers have found a way to break down one of the toughest defensive walls in Sony's PlayStation 3 software security!!! Look at this website: http://news.cnet.com...

When you said, "this argument is invalid because the PlayStation does in fact have Netflix, Hulu, EC.", I never stated that it didn't have those features. I stated that you might have to restart if you accidentally turn off your console!

Basically this debate is just an opinion! You decide on what you prefer and what is more "comfortable" for you.

Thanks Jdog for this fun opportunity! I am always up for a fun debate!
Posted by codyholt4 3 years ago
codyholt4
For competitive or Pro Gaming Xbox is better, but in reality theres not much of a difference to really even matter most of the time it is just the game your playing! But, I will have to say better players play Xbox 360....
Posted by Lovebotlass17 3 years ago
Lovebotlass17
Sucks. You lost. It's all about personal preferences.
Posted by jdog2016 3 years ago
jdog2016
Tied xD
Posted by jdog2016 3 years ago
jdog2016
Yesssss ;)
Posted by Lovebotlass17 3 years ago
Lovebotlass17
The PS3 has better graphics, in my opinion. I own both consoles, and I much prefer the PS3.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
jdog2016swimmergalTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't own either console, so my judgement is based on the arguments presented, and Con was more convincing in his case. Also, sources to con since he was the only one that actually used sources.
Vote Placed by tmar19652 3 years ago
tmar19652
jdog2016swimmergalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter jdog vb
Vote Placed by Majducator 3 years ago
Majducator
jdog2016swimmergalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con only made 1 arguement