GENPATTON10
josephd

PS3 or XBOX 360

GENPATTON10

Pro

The PlayStation 3 is the most powerful home console in video game history. Its hardware and software are technologically superior to all 7th generation consoles. It has a plethora of exclusives that vastly outnumber Xbox exclusives. It's online is free and is now up to Microsoft standards. The blu-ray player makes Netflix, Hulu, ad watching DVD's extremely better on the PS3. It's user interface is widely considered easier to understand, and its controller has been the same since the 90s making it easy to use. Playstation Plus, is the greatest rewards program I've ever been a part of. And PSN titles like Journey and Flowers have revolutionized online gaming. The PS3 has a wealth of previous titles from the PS1 available, such as Crash, Spyro, and Final Fantasy. The PS3 has a lower failure rate compared to the Xbox due to the Red Rings of death. The Playstation Vita can act as a controller and link directly to the PS3. Finally the controllers are rechargeable, saving you tons of cash on batteries. The Sony PS3 is a great system and its exclusive features ultimately make it the greater system.
josephd

Con

I Accept. I will be arguing that Xbox 360's are superior to PS3's
As a Brief road map I offer you these points:

1) The Xbox has a Stronger and Better Processor (Xenos) than the PS3's Processor (Cell) thus making it superior.

2) In terms of pure graphics the PS3 has a stroncger processor, but when we look at FPS or frames per second. The PS3 and the Xbox have much different frames per second. The Xbox can run Madden 08 at 60fps where the PS3 can only run Madden08 at 30fps, thus actually making Xbox's gameplay and grapincs superior.

3) In online play the 360 is better. I can support this point by bringing up the fact that they offer special things that the PS3 doesn't have like gamer score and achievements. If my opponent brings up the fact that you have to pay for Xbox Live, I would rebut this by saying they offer services such as enhanced matchmaking, which the PS3 doesn't offer.

I will elaborate on all of my points fully in later rounds,

Now to attack my opponent's points:
My opponent's first point is that:

"The blu-ray player makes Netflix, Hulu, ad watching DVD's extremely better on the PS3. It's user interface is widely considered easier to understand, and its controller has been the same since the 90s making it easy to use. Playstation Plus, is the greatest rewards program I've ever been a part of. And PSN titles like Journey and Flowers have revolutionized online gaming."

All of these points are dropped due to the fact that they are opinion points and very from person to person

Now to move on to my opponent's point on rechargeable batteries. First of all I rebut this by saying that rechargeable batteries are also available for Xbox and second of all, Controller batteries have nothing to do with gameplay, thus this point is invalid, void and not relevant.

For these reasons I urge you to vote for Xbox based solely off these arguments. (Con)
GENPATTON10

Pro

First o the PS3 has achievements called trophies, and they are the same as on the xbox games. Really, enhanced matchmaking is worth $50 a year, I'd rather buy a new game. Secondly, The blu-ray player allows 1080p HD, something the Xbox does not have, making viewing shows and movies significantly better unless of course you prefer standard definition to crisp high definition with and HDMI cable. The controller has been proven in studies to have a better feel to it, it fits the hand better and its analog system is smother. Not to mention that it has motion controls built in. Controller Batteries due have a lot to do with game play. If you can save money not having to buy batteries you can buy games, which the PS3 has more of.
The Uncharted series
God of War
Sly Cooper
Rachet and Clank
Killzone
Wipeout
Gran Turismo
Fat Princess
Flowers
Journey
Twisted Metal
Tekken
Metal Gear Solid
Resistance
Little Big Planet
Valkyrie Chronicles
Demon Souls
Heavy Rain
ModNation
Yakuza
MAG
MotorStorm
SOCOM
Buzz
Katamari
The Last Guardian
And are just ones that placed in the top 40.
Heavenly Sword
josephd

Con

josephd forfeited this round.
GENPATTON10

Pro

GENPATTON10 forfeited this round.
josephd

Con

josephd forfeited this round.
GENPATTON10

Pro

GENPATTON10 forfeited this round.
josephd

Con

josephd forfeited this round.
Posted by sephiroth7x 4 years ago
sephiroth7x
Personally I prefer a PS3. But the person debating the case is really not selling it right...

The Xbox debater however is clearly just poo-pooing the PS3 rather than standing up for what the Xbox is good at. As his comments on saying graphics are better due to certain aspects in the processor....

Jeez...
Posted by Majducator 4 years ago
Majducator
I own both systems and I like PS3 better! Go GENPATTON10!
Posted by macaveli 4 years ago
macaveli
Bruh both of them are dope it really dont matter there both the same when you think about it
Posted by GENPATTON10 4 years ago
GENPATTON10
Then you must not know millions of people who have bought the PS3 and as of the 4th quarter it started outselling the XBOX.
Posted by TeaPartySpartan 4 years ago
TeaPartySpartan
PS3 may be impressive technologically speaking, but it isn't scientists that buy them off shelves, its gamers. The PS3 just isn't up to par to the epic gameplay that the Xbox 360 has to offer. And concerning the trophies and all of that; the PS3 copied off of the Xbox 360 in making these features. I personally don't want to buy a system that can't come up with its own good creative features or PROTECT ITSELF FROM HACKERS. Xbox LIVE users never have to worry about lack of creativity, hackers or poor gameplay. Xbox is always offering something new and refreshing for the Xbox community to enjoy. These reasons are just a few reasons why the Xbox 360, destroys PS3. This isn't just my opinion also, in fact, every person i know prefers Xbox over Playstation very strongly, and all of them don't mind paying a few bucks to get excellent console experience.
Posted by alfo149 4 years ago
alfo149
I wonder why no one has thrown out that the PS3 is known for hackers and cheaters when it comes to the matchmaking portion for online play? The (base) age group hasn't yet been brought up. The amount of people by both sides and what franchises they play most. (since this isn't just about how they both play seeings how the title says "PS3 or Xbox 360".) Having more and then having quality are very important I must say. Last of all what about the Indie section of 360?
Posted by Tes95 4 years ago
Tes95
You're both wrong. PS2 was the best system. However, when it comes to content, PC has it. You gotta own a combination.
Posted by mike374040 4 years ago
mike374040
"Now to move on to my opponent's point on rechargeable batteries. First of all I rebut this by saying that rechargeable batteries are also available for Xbox and second of all, Controller batteries have nothing to do with gameplay, thus this point is invalid, void and not relevant."

The batteries aren't rechargeable.

The CONTROLLER is.
Posted by mike374040 4 years ago
mike374040
Also the PS3 controller is rechargeable, while Xbox controllers are not. And you can charge your controllers while playing, which I do. In fact, I only play with the controller while it's charging. Screw this "wireless controller" crap
Posted by mike374040 4 years ago
mike374040
@BigSky But, studies show that the PS3 controller is easier to use. The joysticks are much smoother and the buttons never stick. I own a PS3 myself, and I have played a 360 at a friends house, and I prefer the PS3.