bcresmer
Booska

PS3 vs Xbox360

Booska
Started: 12/2/2011 Category: Technology

bcresmer

Pro

I'm for the PS3.
Round 1) Acceptence
Round 2) Agruements
Round 3) Arguements
Round 4 Closing Agruements
Booska

Con

I'll accept, but why do you waste a round? Why not just make the debate less rounds?

Seems pretty stupid.
bcresmer

Pro

PSN=$0
Xbox Live= $59.99

PS3= built in wifi, Blu-Ray player, better graphics, and bluetooth capable.

Xbox= no wifi, no Blu-ray player, good graphics, not bluetooth capable.
Booska

Con

- Graphics-ANY and what I really mean is ALL cross platform games ( 360 and ps3 ) look better, run better ( less "lag" and jutter ) and have far less loading times on the 360 than the ps3. Its a fact an Sony fanboys just gotta get use to it. But Uncharted 2 is an example of nearly the full system power of the ps3 ( said they used around 90-95% ) and damn it looks SEXY....

2- Xbox Live ( though not free ) is FAR better than PSN... everyone knows it, read any comparison ( done by professionals not just kids or fanboys on the internet ) they all say that XBL is superior. Think about it... there's over easily over 100k if not way more people on xbl than psn... You get what you pay for. It has netflix ... the ps3 does now too but you need to put in a cd to play it.. 360 just stream it even up to 1080p, 360 and xbox games for download, DLC comes first ( usually ) and sometimes its exclusive, now has Last FM radio, facebook, twitter. And do you wanna be able to easily talk to friends ( more than 1 anyway lol ) NO MATTER what your doing?

3-The whole xbox breaking thing is over with now... just how the ps3 is no longer gonna cost you an extra mortgage on your house to by it... This is recent stats of console breakage. Wii-9% 360-15%
Ps3-16% ... so there tied right now

If you think I'm lying about the graphics Google 360 vs ps3 graphic comparison... I bet you cant find 1 game that looks or runs better on the ps3...except oblivion, looks better but doesn't run better.

360 has media connect to pc too ... I doubt many people use it but I do... Its easier to have music, pics, and videos coming from my pc. It doesn't take up space on my 360 and is easy to organize and move things in or out.

You do have to download EVERY game to the ps3 which can take a few long *** minutes... its so they can play the games at a decent speed of about the 360's. You can do this on the 360 which
just halves the loading times compared to the ps3...

Ok because I love hearing fan boys complain, I'm going to say this and prove this to EVERYONE!

First off, the ps3 is technically more powerful of a SYSTEM then the 360. Its faster too, BUT as a GAMING CONSOLE it falls behind. The ps3 has the potential to have more stuff on the screen at once. The 360 can produce BETTER graphics than the PS3. Its a fact get use to it.

The ps3 is so complicated to develop ( for games ) that even games like Uncharted 2 were using over 90% of the systems power. Its a great game, and very good looking. I was impressed by everything, BUT the 360 can do better, graphically speaking. The 360 also can process more information faster and more efficient, meaning games ( when used right which is 90% of the time ) will be "slower", have less of a frame rate then the 360.

Google 360 vs ps3 graphic comparison. In EVERY game ( except 2 that tied.. tennis and marvel... lol like it matters ) the 360 wins on every game. This is because its easier to make for it, then more complicated to convert over, thus messing up the game ( even if its just slightly ).

plus the 360 controllers just feel better in my opinion.
bcresmer

Pro

Ok I give u the Netflix point, but thats it. PS3 users can download the full game on to a usb drive. I dont even need a disk anymore. 2: Xbox's break way too much. 3: PS3 has internet seaching, Free music service, Hulu, and a bigger hard drive. For Xbox u need to buy a bigger hard drive when u get it.
Booska

Con

This is all really just a matter of opinion anyway, isn't it? Is that really debatable?

Seems more like a popularity contest, and you choose PS3, going for an easy victory.
bcresmer

Pro

Because it is an easy victory
Posted by Badachelli 5 years ago
Badachelli
Its unfortunate that neither of the debaters knows very much about either systems hardware or software. Although there were points made about the "graphics" being "good" or "better" than the other, there was never any evidence given for any of the statements or claims. No information was presented regarding the number of shader cores either system had, the clock speeds of their respective processors, the fact the the Ps3 has a pseudo-multicore processor, or the amount of RAM each system has for use, or any other technical information regarding the system. Everything said in this debate is pure opinion at best.

Please don't clog up this website with pointless uninformed debates.
Posted by System113 5 years ago
System113
I got the red ringing my old Xbox 4 times. Got the new Xbox 360 S and i havnt had a single issue with it. Plus it has built in wifi so I don't know what pro is talking about.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Lol yeah the red ring of death idea was also kinda obveous even though I barly know anything about the Xbox 360 cause im a ps3 person, even I know about it lol
Posted by Cobo 5 years ago
Cobo
Cough Red ring Cough
Vote Placed by Reid 5 years ago
Reid
bcresmerBooskaTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a debate? Pro failed to meet the BOP, poor arguments, 0 sources, no main arguments.
Vote Placed by Mr.Infidel 5 years ago
Mr.Infidel
bcresmerBooskaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Poor debate. No-one wins.
Vote Placed by Buckethead31594 5 years ago
Buckethead31594
bcresmerBooskaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Overall, this was a poor debate. Pro didnt meet the BoP; not even presenting sources for his contentions. Con looses points for taunting; although, Con had better arguments.