mahdi321
PadlockTodd

PSVita is better then the 3DS

mahdi321

Pro

The PSVita is clearly better then the 3DS in all aspects of gaming since it has better graphics, better games and dual analogs
PadlockTodd

Con

Hi all thanks for reading, I used to be on this website a long time ago (4 years or so) I recently rediscovered it. I am excited to be posting arguments and learning with the rest of you.

That being said I encourage you to keep an open mind while voting, that is the only way to keep this website alive and non frustrating =).

My interpretation of the debate is that I only have to prove one aspect of the 3DS that is greater than or equal to the PSVita. If you read my opponents opening argument it is clear to see that he states that the PSVita is better in EVERY single aspect, therefore as the NC it is my duty to disprove the Aff. I see this as an easy task due to the circumstances set up by the AC.

First I will attack my opponent and then present my own case.

"better graphics"

When we compare aspects of gaming, graphics doesn't necessarily directly effect the quality of the game. For example mine-craft was rated one of the best games of 2011 and yet has some of the worst graphics. Although the PSVita does contain a graphics card which is 10x more powerful than the 3Ds. The PSVita does not contain two screens and 3D capabilities. The two screens allow for more creative game play ideas.

"better games"

Have you ever been browsing the internet and found a PlayStation has no games comic? If not let me link one to you, they are quite funny. http://img.photobucket.com...

Playstation has a reputation for not having as many good games as Nintendo. This reputation is not one based off of laughs and jokes. This reputation is based off the long history of Playstation not releasing console selling games such as Halo, and Super Smash Brothers. So what does this mean for the future of playstation portable games?

Also the 3DS has better games for children; Being the main market of these devices. Therefore has an advantage over the PSVista in one area.
http://psp.about.com...

"Dual Analogs"

http://arstechnica.com...

My case--

Once again I would like to replicate that only one aspect of the 3DS has to be greater for me to win this debate.

Price.

The price of the 3DS is significantly cheaper than the PSVista therefore making it more accessible, increasing multi-player capability(more children will have them).

3D.

Come-on, this is entertainment, very soon everything will be in 3D. Leave it to Nintendo to be ontop. :)

Memory.

Included with the 3DS is 2GB of memory. Memory sticks have to be purchased with the PSVista.

Lets keep the number of new arguments in the second round to a minimum, I dont want something so small to evolve in the second round.

Also since is my first ever debate round in a long time, I would love to get some feedback in the comments!!

Thanks All
mahdi321

Pro

I really enjoyed reading your rebuttals they were very well thought off. Now let me start:

You said that the Vita doesn't have 2 screens but the vita does have the back touch pad which was used very successfully in Little Deviants, and Touch My Kamatari. Also when you criticized the Vita's graphics you never mentioned once about the 3DS's totally atrocious graphics which in this day and age Nintendo had to put in their system and they didn't.

I agree with you that the PSVita does not have an impressive game library but it is a new system and the 3ds has been out for almost a year or so. But the Vita has many games such as Street Fighter X, Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Super Stardust. Also Many PS3 games will be compatible with remote play so you can play those games on your vita via your PS3 anywhere in your house. Does the 3DS have that NO. Playstation also has many many exclusives such as Modnation Racers, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Super Stardust, Twisted Metal and many other exclusives.
Also the PSVita is not being marketed towards children mainly because it is focused on mainly hardcore gaming.

The PSVita is a new system which obviously means the price wont drop for a while and the 3DS didn't sell well at all so Nintendo had to drop the price just so their system would sell. I agree with you 3D gaming is pretty awesome but since the the glasses free 3D is a new technology it does have it quirks and they due result in unpleasant headaches and you can turn off the 3D but then what is the point of the 3D then? Also I don't know about you but I don't know many 8 year olds that are good at online video games (CoD etc)

The PSVita may have expensive memory but Sony did that to combat piracy which in return benefits game developers.
(http://www.megagames.com...)

Thank You
PadlockTodd

Con

PadlockTodd forfeited this round.
mahdi321

Pro

The con has forfeited so I guess I win......
PadlockTodd

Con

PadlockTodd forfeited this round.